Content removed from game

profhermit

The reason content gets removed is because EA is too cheap to upgrade the 1st gen Pentium computers & primary OS to allow bigger drives for the software. Windows XP 32 bit only allows 2TB maximum. If bioware backed up the content before removing it from the game, it is likely the 5 1/4 inch floppies have gone corrupt due to material degradation.

Some peeps might not get it, that this is a sarcastic flame at EA & bioware, but plausible. What other possible excuse could they have for removing dailies, cosmetic content gear & weapons, the companion gear that most of us spent countless hours grinding dailies on Yavin IV, which ended up being a complete waste? The creator of Wordpress says "Code is Poetry". For EA & bioware code must be a storage issue.

While I'm ranting, bioware cheapened the game by making comps generic, and going from 5 primary stats down to one - mastery.

To rehash an old rant, bioware DESTROYED crafting back at 4.0. As a solo player, I crafted with all six crafts, and ran dailies to farm mats & slicing nodes to occasionally buy special / exotic mats on GTN (back when stuff was almost affordable). When I eventually joined a small guild, guildies would provide the special / exotic mats that I could not get doing solo content, to craft stuff for them. Occasionally they might coerce me into running an op when they were just goofing around, as I am a lousy player - poor situational awareness & panic easily. Wanna wipe alot? Invite me to your group.

I know this is called an MMO, but that does not preclude game creators from having content for anti-social peeps like me to do, to pass the time, like SWTOR used to have. There are options they could create that would expand game play for solo type peeps, and even give sociable peeps something different to do occasionally, like being able to take three comps into a flash point and uprisings. It doesn't have to be Master Mode content (never done MM anyway), just Veteran Mode. Running around doing dailies & heroics with three comps in a group would be a BLAST! Click attack, stand back & watch one tank, another DPS and the third heal 'em. :) Before anyone bashes this idea, you don't have to partake. I just wanna have fun, MY WAY.

When this 30 day sub runs out, I will likely be gone again for another year or two, then might check to see if the game is still around. I'm actually surprised that it's lasted 10 years.

I know EA has cut content from a game before release in the past, only to sell it as DLC later, so that is probably the same kind of motivation they do with this game and removing stuff. In broad strokes, there def seems to be a pattern with this game of trying to squeeze lots of money out of little labor. The initial investment in the game was huge, but it's like they saw how it under-performed at launch and decided at that point they wanted to squeeze it rather than invest in it further.

I cannot fathom any possible reason for removing the Belsavis, Illum, Makeb dailies & other content (other than my sarcastic post). On Makeb, the only dailies they did not remove are the ones that no one liked, or rarely ran. One peep in the former guild, he would run dailies with me, for something to do while he waited for an op group & we chatted voip. Edited by profhermit

I cannot fathom any possible reason for removing the Belsavis, Illum, Makeb dailies & other content (other than my sarcastic post). On Makeb, the only dailies they did not remove are the ones that no one liked, or rarely ran. One peep in the former guild, he would run dailies with me, for something to do while he waited for an op group & we chatted voip.

Are they fully removed like from the heroics terminal or whatever, or just the quick access to them through the activities weekly quest? Cause if so, that's really wild. I mean, either way, it's ridiculous, but the 1st one would be way worse.

Are they fully removed like from the heroics terminal or whatever, or just the quick access to them through the activities weekly quest? Cause if so, that's really wild. I mean, either way, it's ridiculous, but the 1st one would be way worse.

For Belsavis, some of them are part of the Bonus Series and can be repeated weekly now. Others are Exploration Missions and can only be completed once per character. For Ilum, they are all Exploration Missions (once per character) except the Heroic remains as a weekly.