Single player offline version question to JackieKo, Keith Kanneg, Eric Musco or other

Thepyrethatburns

So I was going to put this in one of the 7.0 threads but they're all kind of negative and I'm trying to ask this one from as neutral a stance as can be mustered.

With the end of the exclusivity license in 2023, there are a few questions of what will happen to the game when the game shuts down whether it will be in 2023 or a few years down the road. My question for today is:

When the end is near, are there any plans to bundle up what has been done, tweak a few things (Dread Masters, Seed/Shroud) for single player and then sell that as a single player offline version of the game?

Because I would happily pay for that. (More if I could import my current characters/Strongholds in for museum purposes but I would still pay for it even without the museum.).

I'm not saying this as a "The end is nigh" topic. There are currently plenty of those (and, for those of you reading, please don't bring that into here) but, with both the changes and the end of the exclusivity license, I thought now would be the time to both ask as well as to express my support for such a project.

Thank you for your time.

This is an interesting topic worthy of discussion.

If they fixed up the stuff you suggest to make everything single player, along with making other systems better, aka gearing, I think it could be a good offline single player RPG.

Wether I paid for it or not would depend on what they do to make it a single player game. Ie, would we get to keep all of our CM gear and have access to the whole library of CM gear. Would we get to import our current characters. And would we be able to setup or have ad-hoc networks to play with friends in a LAN configuration.

If the answer was yes to all of these, then I’d probably pay for it so I could keep playing the game offline for nostalgic reasons. Like I do with my older SW games like Xwing, Tie Fighter, Rebellion, etc.

If they fixed up the stuff you suggest to make everything single player, along with making other systems better, aka gearing, I think it could be a good offline single player RPG.

Yeah, I think that and the LAN thing you mentioned would be great for end of life plan for the game. If it also got some token modding support, that'd be even better. I would prob learn to mod it in a heartbeat, assuming I had the time. So many things that could be tweaked and improved for quality of life with modding if it was single player.

I would absolutely buy this as a single player offline game. If they did this they might have two versions. The base game and a more expensive luxury version that allows you to use Cartel Items such as outfits, mounts, dyes, etc. I'd buy the luxury version.

Thinking about all the mmos that have died, it would be really nice to be able to revisit them without having to deal with illegal servers, and I don't think it would take too much development to convert the game into more of a Witcher 3 type experiance.

Sadly, especially with AAA developers, gaming is less about what the consumer is wanting and willing to buy and more about the "games as a service" model the industry expects you to put up with to enjoy your favorite IPs.

I hope the game can continue as an MMO, but if the game had to shut down, it would be great if they sold a single player version. I think it would be too expensive for them to consider, but I'd love to be able to play through the story again decades later like I can with single player RPGs. I still play Baldur's Gate sometimes and it's over 20 years old now. They could be split up the stories into $10 DLC or sell it in one package for $60. All the cartel market stuff could remain as DLC for the same prices, though I don't know how much people would buy if they couldn't show it off to others. They would probably have to remove operations though. Unless they dumbed them down a ton, ops wouldn't work with a bunch of companions.