Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we have a smaller stronghold?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Strongholds
Can we have a smaller stronghold?

Master-Nala
07.22.2015 , 07:40 PM | #1
Back when I played EQ2, I used to love having a couple of small houses to use for specific purposes. For example, I used one almost exclusively as a store and it was decorated to match.

The Yavin and Tatooine strongholds are quite grand, but how about something simpler like a Tython retreat cabin or a mini-Hutta palace.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

Master_Jedi_Love
07.23.2015 , 02:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Back when I played EQ2, I used to love having a couple of small houses to use for specific purposes. For example, I used one almost exclusively as a store and it was decorated to match.

The Yavin and Tatooine strongholds are quite grand, but how about something simpler like a Tython retreat cabin or a mini-Hutta palace.
I totally agree. I bought all 3 strongholds but only used the Balcony on Tattooine. I dont want tons of rooms. I want a small place to rest, craft, run missions, and meditate. I never go down into the Tattooine pits. etc.

I would love a small instance in more places. A tython cabin would be great. Or a balcony atop the dread fortress (Once you clear it) etc.

CAMELOTCRUSADE
07.24.2015 , 11:36 AM | #3
Completely agree. I would much prefer a "hideout" or something smaller for characters who, in my mind, have not earned or do not want a massive palace. They want a 2-room gritty apartment in DK or a broken down ship they used as a hideout, for example.

Monumenta
07.25.2015 , 08:42 AM | #4
I could get into a 3-4 room place, but really everything in swtor is ridiculously huge and sprawling.

The new Yavin IV stronghold is so stupid even if people were going to inhabit those temples they would build structures within them. A real life comparison would be like using a sports arena as your bedroom, stupid and ridiculous.

ShadesofNight
07.26.2015 , 03:37 PM | #5
Yes, even the smallest strongholds on Coruscant and Kaas City are huge and sprawling when completely unlocked (and if left unlocked... I have to make up mysterious reasons explaining why doors are locked).

I'd like a much smaller place with just a few rooms, and much smaller rooms at that.

And the ability to change the colour of the walls and floor. And change what hooks go where (more than the limited options for changing hooks that are currently available). And plant decorations that aren't all in gigantic pots so I can actually make nice looking arrangements out of them. And... Okay, too demanding :P

I would settle for just having a smaller place though.
My Referral code if you'd like to click it: http://www.swtor.com/r/7Bndzl

For more information on how referrals work, please see here.

Boice
07.27.2015 , 02:57 AM | #6
I totally agree, i hate these big large strongholds, id like something simple, nothing too fancy

Monumenta
07.27.2015 , 04:39 PM | #7
Sergeant Jaxo's place at the Coruscant Heights Apartments (second class mission for troopers on coruscant) is pretty sweet, I've been trying to get into that building for years, stupid waiting list.

nerdofprey
07.27.2015 , 07:39 PM | #8
I agree, I have been really hoping for a cozy little apartment for some of my characters. Tython and Korriban would be great choices for that.

I also long ago requested a small faction-neutral "flagship" for small guilds, something not much bigger than a player ship, for a little independent crew to run. I like the idea of a ship's interior as a one-player home, too.

Either of these things could be made really dense with hooks and still have a much lower limit than the current ones, so they could be a lot of fun to decorate!

Pietrastor
07.27.2015 , 08:09 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadesofNight View Post
Yes, even the smallest strongholds on Coruscant and Kaas City are huge and sprawling when completely unlocked (and if left unlocked... I have to make up mysterious reasons explaining why doors are locked).
Coruscant and DK are probably the lowest limit how small they would ever develop strongholds. Smaller just wouldn't really justify doing it in the first place. It's not like they're unrealistic either. Lots of upper-market apartements like that in New York or Hong Kong

Monumenta
07.27.2015 , 08:49 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Coruscant and DK are probably the lowest limit how small they would ever develop strongholds. Smaller just wouldn't really justify doing it in the first place. It's not like they're unrealistic either. Lots of upper-market apartements like that in New York or Hong Kong
unrealistic for a soldier, smuggler, or jedi