Assassin - Can we keep Vette?

RageFury

Hi all, I've been away and haven't really played for years. The expansions and such are not clear at all from what I can tell on all the companion changes. Is it possible to get and keep Vette, permanently, as an Assassin? I have two Assassins and just hit 74 and apparently after I thought I had finished everything leading up to Ossus, I guess I didn't. I had just finished the quest line where Theron Shan

turns out to still be on my side.

I even took a screenshot before I started the Ossus quest line, linked below. I thought I was done up until that point, since none of the quests in my log were purple and the only quest on the terminal in my ship was for Ossus...but apparently not. It killed Vette and chose Torian, which I don't want. :( IMO, Vette is the best companion in the game. So....I have some questions:

1) I assume this is a permanent choice on this character which cannot be undone; correct?

2) I've transferred the level 70 Assassin I had on a prior server that I haven't played in years solely to level through the content again so I can try to keep Vette.

3) Can someone confirm for me what I need to do, and at what point, to keep Vette as a permanent companion on my "new" Assassin, assuming this is possible?

Thanks. Here's a screenshot of what my mission log looked like right before I started Ossus and got Vette auto-killed. I only have Eternal Throne in there because I had been going through it again in Master Mode. Pre-Ossus mission log.

Yes, the decision is permanent for this character. If I recall correctly, the only Imperial character that will automatically choose to save Vette is the Sith Warrior. In the future, to prevent this, you need to run Eternal Throne Chapter 8 and choose to save Vette over Torian. You can skip to Ossus after that.