Make Decorations Click-Through in Edit Mode

Edaros

Hi, so after decorating for who knows how long now, i've found myself getting more and more frustrated with the fact that if you place e.g a Factory Ceiling Crane up, you can't take it back down without clearing the entire room because the object is much larger than the hook itself, and there's no way to interact with the hook after placing it and exiting the settings window for said hook.

This is a major oversight by the dev team that needs to be rectified asap, and the best way to do that is to make the decorations click-through while in edit mode so that we can interact with the hook to pick up the decoration piece instead of having to waste countless hours by having to remove all the decoration pieces in a single room, which also affects each adjacent room, meanin it could potentially cause you to pick up every single decoration placed in your base.

As i said, this is a major oversight and one that i'm fed up with having to deal with.

I love decorating my stronghold and my guild's flagship and stronghold, but i'm at my very limit as to what i find acceptable in terms of missing features in such a large part of the game. :mad:

I'm sure something similar may have been brought up in the past but i for one couldn't find a post that covers what i needed to address here.

As Yoda would've said. Fix This, You Must.

I hope ya'll have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Actually the ceiling crane you can take down! Just keep clicking and you'll click through it.

My pet hate on the clicking hooks is on the say, large centerpiece hooks, trying to click the medium blues can be really hard sometimes as they are in the centerpiece.

I spent an entire hour clicking on the large ceiling crane and nothing.

That's kind of the point. We shouldn't have to struggle to remove a decoration piece like that.

If it was click-through, that wouldn't be an issue and we would've been able to simply click the hook directly through the decoration piece. It's a simple task to add such a feature to the edit mode. Granted they actually care about quality these days.

I mean, when you go in-depth and look at how they've designed most of the stronghold, stuff doesn't even allign correctly, making stuff look out of place. Especially the floor tile hooks in many cases.

I'm fine with that, though, but i'm not fine having to waste hours decorating only to struggle on certain pieces that cannot be picked up without spending hours trying to find a bug in the decoration piece that you can click through to access the hook. This is an issue that shouldn't even have to be an issue. They need to do something about it, that's all i'm saying. I've always stood up for BioWare, but for this game, i'm not gonna defend them for such a major oversight. The game has been left in shambles for years and for a game that is their bread and butter, they need to do a much better job maintaining it and making sure bugs get sorted and missing features get implemented. It's sloppy to say the least.

An hour? If you're star forge and if it's a guild stronghold, let me know and I'll fix it for you.

Yes, the hook thing is annoying. My favourite is the crew decks side rooms on the guild ship where most rugs are below the floor :p

But yeah, it isn't going to change.