Has Bioware even hinted at the idea of adding multiple tiers to Weekly Conquest?

Loadsamonie

Considering how easy it is to reach 100k Conquest on one character, why hasn't Bioware considered adding multiple weekly Conquest goals or a tiered Conquest system for players who are willing to grind out way more?

1st Tier is 100k Conquests with the usual rewards, then 2nd tier could be something like 500k on the same character with better rewards, then maybe something like 2 million for even better rewards, then finally something really ridiculous that only the most devout players will reach in a weeks time, like 10 million Conquest, with huge rewards for those that do.

Would this really be such a bad thing? I feel like it would encourage more dedicated play to a players main character, deterring people from running a dozen alts just for Conquest.

Considering how easy it is to reach 100k Conquest on one character, why hasn't Bioware considered adding multiple weekly Conquest goals or a tiered Conquest system for players who are willing to grind out way more?

1st Tier is 100k Conquests with the usual rewards, then 2nd tier could be something like 500k on the same character with better rewards, then maybe something like 2 million for even better rewards, then finally something really ridiculous that only the most devout players will reach in a weeks time, like 10 million Conquest, with huge rewards for those that do.

Would this really be such a bad thing? I feel like it would encourage more dedicated play to a players main character, deterring people from running a dozen alts just for Conquest.

I’d agree to this only if the 500k reward is equal to what you would receive for running 5 characters to the 100k goal. Same way with any other goals. 1 million for a goal equal to 10 characters too 100k, etc

Edited by Darcmoon

I’d agree to this only if the 500k reward is equal to what you would receive for running 5 characters to the 100k goal.

Of course, it would have to be. Say a 250k credit chip, some Legendary Embers, something along those lines. The reward has to be worth the effort, obviously. The point is to encourage more dedicated play to main characters and not wanting to run a bunch of alts just for conquest rewards.

Edited by Loadsamonie

Of course, it would have to be. Say a 250k credit chip, some Legendary Embers, something along those lines. The reward has to be worth the effort, obviously. The point is to encourage more dedicated play to main characters and not wanting to run a bunch of alts just for conquest rewards.

No, I mean the rewards would need to be exactly the same between the two. Nothing extra for the 500k reward.

No, I mean the rewards would need to be exactly the same between the two. Nothing extra for the 500k reward.

No, it would need to be more than 5 100k rewards. The point is to encourage more dedicated play on one toon and not swapping to 10 different alts just for 100k conquest.

No, it would need to be more than 5 100k rewards. The point is to encourage more dedicated play on one toon and not swapping to 10 different alts just for 100k conquest.

And why should playing only be toon get you better rewards? This game encourages alts for the most part. If they did it your way, they would have a ton of people complaining.

And why should playing only be toon get you better rewards? This game encourages alts for the most part. If they did it your way, they would have a ton of people complaining.

Why? The alts could still get their basic 100k rewards, and then their mains that they play on more could get the better rewards for hitting higher Conquest goals.

Why? The alts could still get their basic 100k rewards, and then their mains that they play on more could get the better rewards for hitting higher Conquest goals.

But that still doesn’t give a reason, let alone a good one, for why you should get better rewards for getting 500k than doing 100k on 5 toons.

But that still doesn’t give a reason, let alone a good one, for why you should get better rewards for getting 500k than doing 100k on 5 toons.

Because you have to put in more effort to reach it in limited time, since Conquest Objectives are also only once per week and you won't get as much for subsequent repeats of that objective, say, winning a GSF or a Warzone. Hitting higher numbers is harder because the gains get smaller and smaller as your list of available objectives shrinks.

500k might not be the greatest example, but let's take 2 million Conquest as a cutoff, for instance. Not a lot of people are pulling that much Conquest on a single toon in one week, so they should be handsomely rewarded for putting in the time and effort to reach those numbers.

Edited by Loadsamonie

Because you have to put in more effort to reach it in limited time, since Conquest Objectives are also only once per week and you won't get as much for subsequent repeats of that objective, say, winning a GSF or a Warzone. Hitting higher numbers is harder because the gains get smaller and smaller as your list of available objectives shrinks.

500k might not be the greatest example, but let's take 2 million Conquest as a cutoff, for instance. Not a lot of people are pulling that much Conquest on a single toon in one week, so they should be handsomely rewarded for putting in the time and effort to reach those numbers.

This explains why getting 500k in Conquest should be rewarded in general, but not why it should be rewarded more if you did it on 1 character compared to 5. I'd argue it's inherently harder to hit 500k on 5 alts compared to 500k on a single character (since there are a lot of larger ticket objectives that can push you over 100k on their own that are wasted if you're hopping between alts). Far less wasted effort on a single character pushing to 500k on their own. In this system, that person would then get rewarded with better rewards than the person having to micromanage their objectives to hit the same point total on 5 alts.

People aren't doing this on a single character right now because the system doesn't reward past 100k on a single character, not because it's harder to do so. It's easier to do.

But that’s the same for doing it on multiple toons. The conquest goals are a legacy goal. Once you get that daily repeatable it is unavailable again that day regardless of if you switch toons or not. Same way with the goals that are only available once per week. You can’t get it on multiple toons unless you are jumping to a different server or different account, but I don’t think those really count. I do see more than just a few people doing 2 million + in a couple of my guilds. Granted you are probably right that there are more that don’t but that doesn’t mean they should be rewarded better just because they got that much on one toon.

But that’s the same for doing it on multiple toons. The conquest goals are a legacy goal. Once you get that daily repeatable it is unavailable again that day regardless of if you switch toons or not. Same way with the goals that are only available once per week. You can’t get it on multiple toons unless you are jumping to a different server or different account, but I don’t think those really count. I do see more than just a few people doing 2 million + in a couple of my guilds. Granted you are probably right that there are more that don’t but that doesn’t mean they should be rewarded better just because they got that much on one toon.

If there are people that do it consistently and are a huge benefit to their guild because of it, they should be rewarded appropriately for it.

I know several players who do that across various toons weekly, in multiple guilds, on both factions and on multiple classes. Not only do they know each class they play, they gear each class they play, they know multiple roles and participate in all sorts of activities, and they contribute to multiple guilds successes each week. I would argue that they put in far greater effort than anyone doing it on a single toon does. I think they should be rewarded better than anyone on a single character.

If there are people that do it consistently and are a huge benefit to their guild because of it, they should be rewarded appropriately for it.

And you still haven’t said why they should be rewarded more than the guy who gets the same amount of conquest for the guild on multiple toons.

And you still haven’t said why they should be rewarded more than the guy who gets the same amount of conquest for the guild on multiple toons.

Fine, keep the rewards the same, just make it so that the person farming large amounts of Conquest on one toon can get the same rewards as someone farming smaller amounts of Conquest across multiple toons.

Fine, keep the rewards the same, just make it so that the person farming large amounts of Conquest on one toon can get the same rewards as someone farming smaller amounts of Conquest across multiple toons.

This would actually be pretty great.

You'd have the choice between living out your altaholic dreams or going all in on one or two of your favourite characters and not feel like you're missing out for doing one or the other.

You shouldn't be punished for wanting to split your time in a different way to get your conquest points.

why hasn't Bioware considered adding multiple weekly Conquest goals or a tiered Conquest system for players who are willing to grind out way more?

Maybe they have considered it, and decided that it wasn't a good idea, or that it wasn't something they wanted to do.

Of course that just moves the question, which remains relevant.

Let's reword it, then:

Why hasn't BioWare *delivered* some sort of multi-tier system?

And I don't know. (Part of the problem may arise from how they'd implement guild-made-its-goal rewards for characters that achieved higher tiers. Maybe. I can see ways to make even that work.)

I think this is a great idea. Have you also added it to the Suggestions forums? I'd love to be able to focus on a few characters rather than jumping from one to another as soon as I hit 100k just to help my guilds.

Love it!

yeah, it's called get another toon.

only 300 or 600cc depending if you waited for a sale

bioware hinting in the patch notes, or gold post detailing changes philosophy for 7.0 that the change from 50k conquest personal goal requirement to 100k conquest personal goal requirement was bioware already wanting people to spend more time on one toon. per hit conquest cap run.

hit conquest cap, load up a new toon.

you currently have infinite tiers, with as many toons as you can possible run to conquest per day, per week.

if you run out of toons on one account, start up a second account, repeat, times infinity.

Edited by Falensawino

Times "a lot" rather than "times infinity". After all, nobody can play any game for more than 168 hours a week...

yes there is a theoretical limit due to possible number of hours that fit in conquest week. minus 1 for review period

but there is no limit in the system and possibly no limit of accounts, so I kept the times infinity.

to one dude, who only plays 1 character to 500,000 conquest points, it might as well seem like an infinity

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . to 2,000,000 conquest points

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . to 10,000,000 conquest points

(the tiers the opening post chose)

the computation would run forever, but it always hits the memory address or this case time address limit before continuing to repeat times infinity.

Edited by Falensawino

you currently have infinite tiers, with as many toons as you can possible run to conquest per day, per week.

if you run out of toons on one account, start up a second account, repeat, times infinity.

sometimes I don't edit out, or correct typos, misspellings, grammar or other errors

because I like seeing the reminders of all the cool, brain head fakes my thinking pulls on me from time to time

can possibly imagine
with as many toons as you can possibly run
with as many toons possible

I had all those sentence segments running through my head as I was typing, but in the end this is what my fingers put out

with as many toons as you can possible run

I keep the evidence of head fake thinking |because it|

reinforces how I see things, allows me to notice how I make and catch mistakes.

I allow some mistakes I find amusing to go through

Edited by Falensawino

yes there is a theoretical limit due to possible number of hours that fit in conquest week. minus 1 for review period

but there is no limit in the system and possibly no limit of accounts, so I kept the times infinity.

There are limits. At the very least, the number of possible accounts is limited by the number of different account names that can be created. Internal account identifiers may be *more* restrictive, of course, and even if that's not an issue, *usable* different account names make for a much shorter list than *actual* different account names. Let's see, was the next account FOIZUoijDCpo or FOISUoijDCpo?

to one dude, who only plays 1 character to 500,000 conquest points, it might as well seem like an infinity

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . to 2,000,000 conquest points

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . to 10,000,000 conquest points

(the tiers the opening post chose)

Fair point.

the computation would run forever, but it always hits the memory address or this case time address limit before continuing to repeat times infinity.

I'm pretty sure the time thing is the most significant limitation. Don't forget that you can't play continuously during those 167 hours (168 hours in a week minus one hour for the review period). At the very least, you'd need to interrupt your play for:

* Calls of nature, especially "number two".

* Log-out and log-in time.

With some reduced play-effectiveness as you eat and drink.(1) And as the week goes on, you play progressively worse and worse, because you become progressively more and more tired, because the "play for 167 hours straight" thing doesn't let you sleep...

No. Practicalities suggest strongly that even ten million for a single player is at or even beyond the limits of what's possible. It's a hundred times the current personal goal, so if the time to:

* start the launcher,

* launch the game,

* choose a character,

* crank through the 100K points,

* log out

is more than about 36 minutes, you're already on a rate of play that's too slow to meet ten million a week. (Yes, I know there are some individual objectives that are up in the quarter-million territory, but they are significantly time-consuming.)

(1) In theory a very cooperative assistant could hold boxes of fruit juice for you to suck on through a straw, I suppose, but it's still a slight distraction. And who wants to suck on boxed fruit juice all day every day for a week?

There are limits. At the very least, the number of possible accounts is limited by the number of different account names that can be created. Internal account identifiers may be *more* restrictive, of course, and even if that's not an issue, *usable* different account names make for a much shorter list than *actual* different account names. Let's see, was the next account FOIZUoijDCpo or FOISUoijDCpo?

Fair point.

I'm pretty sure the time thing is the most significant limitation. Don't forget that you can't play continuously during those 167 hours (168 hours in a week minus one hour for the review period). At the very least, you'd need to interrupt your play for:

* Calls of nature, especially "number two".

* Log-out and log-in time.

With some reduced play-effectiveness as you eat and drink.(1) And as the week goes on, you play progressively worse and worse, because you become progressively more and more tired, because the "play for 167 hours straight" thing doesn't let you sleep...

No. Practicalities suggest strongly that even ten million for a single player is at or even beyond the limits of what's possible. It's a hundred times the current personal goal, so if the time to:

* start the launcher,

* launch the game,

* choose a character,

* crank through the 100K points,

* log out

is more than about 36 minutes, you're already on a rate of play that's too slow to meet ten million a week. (Yes, I know there are some individual objectives that are up in the quarter-million territory, but they are significantly time-consuming.)

(1) In theory a very cooperative assistant could hold boxes of fruit juice for you to suck on through a straw, I suppose, but it's still a slight distraction. And who wants to suck on boxed fruit juice all day every day for a week?

Maybe 2 million as a more realistic cap then. I'm at weeks end with three days out of my week taken up by work and volunteering, my activity has fluctuated throughout the week, and I'm at 1.35 mil Conquest as of this morning, so I'm sure 2 million is within the realm of reason for devout players.

100k, 500k, 2mil.

Lightning has just stricken my weed-numb brain.

The easiest way to handle Conquest goals all-around would be to just make it ongoing and consistent, independent of Guild Invasions. Simply make it so that for every 100k Conquest you get, you're awarded another set of the usual rewards, the 25k credit voucher, the satchel of mats, etc.

This would be an excellent use of the old Command Loot System. Simply repurpose it for Conquest and have it be in 100k increments, with a Conquest Cache being awarded to the player for every 100k Conquest they acquire, which holds all the usual rewards.