Unidentified gear drops in FP after gear distribution changes

IceSavage

This happened twice yesterday, I looted gear from a boss and the item while usually should have mods on it, was green and looked empty. In the mod slots then mod names were called Unidentified, and not "Open" like how usually empty cosmetic items are. I could also dissassemble them and they gave me level 1 crafting mats, though if you pull the armor or Hilt/barrel mod off of items you cant dissassemble them. The character is ilevel 306.

My 75 lvl 306 geared operative got knife with all slots set as [unidentified] from Malgus in False Emperor Vet.mode FP via Group Finder.

This one knife

In group were two 75 lvl toons, one 50+ and one 60+

Also noticed that from some other run got rifle with blue 275 lvl mods - which seems not intended drop for 306 iRate

Edited by SeKaNoBaka

My 75 lvl 306 geared operative got knife with all slots set as [unidentified] from Malgus in False Emperor Vet.mode FP via Group Finder.

This one knife

In group were two 75 lvl toons, one 50+ and one 60+

Also noticed that from some other run got rifle with blue 275 lvl mods - which seems not intended drop for 306 iRate

Also on an item rating 306 lethality operative in Czerka Core Meltdown veteran FP.

Enhanced Duneclaw dropped two Onderonian Targeter's vibroknives, both with unidentified barrel, mod, and enhancement.

Enhanced Vrblther dropped an Onderonian Targeter's Blaster Rifle with unidentified barrel, mod, and enhancement.

Normal drops from final boss The Vigilant.

• 4 weeks later...
I just received two item drops after doing Veteran Athiss FP. Both were green Onderonian Force-Lord's Focus with Unidentified stats and no mods in the slots. This situation with Unidentified items has happened to at least three other characters over the past couple of weeks. I tried equipping them, yet they didn't reveal anything. I will assume this is a bug introduced with the last patch. Plus, I noticed the gathering node bug is still happening.

I just received 6 items with "Unidentified" mods on them from Veteran The Battle of Ilum and Veteran The False Emperor. The items were armor and weapons. This sucks as I am trying to gear but this gear is absolutely useless which I didn't expect from boss drops.

I did raise a bug ticket in game but the reply I got was:

Thank you for your response, I have got everything checked and after discussing with my team I would like to inform we tried reproducing the issue and can see its working as intended on the account. in case if you got the same issue in the future then leave the mods in its item it will get fixed.

If any of the team still follow this thread, I may have a solution for this problem - in theory.

So far, this issue has occurred a total of 9 times, but only on my level 75 characters. Therefore, I assume this only occurs on max level characters, and if that is the case, then an easy solution would be to put these items into the character's renown stash which would cause the extraction of these items to re-roll the "unidentified" slots (probably the re-execution of the method in code that does this).

The only challenge to this would be if the meta-data on the items records the characters that it dropped for, otherwise you would need to pick the most recent renown character to re-insert the item into the stash.

Hope this helps you.

I'm also having this issue. Normally Unidentified gear only drops from renown stashes but its happening fairly frequently on FPs to me.

Another issue I've been having is that despite being 306 item rating I occasionally get 270. Sometimes blue and purple as well. The lowest I should be getting is 302 but that's not always the case.

The unidentified gear is more of a problem though because you can do anything with it but destroy it or sell it. I tried equipping it but nothing changed.

Another issue I've been having is that despite being 306 item rating I occasionally get 270. Sometimes blue and purple as well. The lowest I should be getting is 302 but that's not always the case.

I think that this is part of a different issue where you get gear intended for another class in your group. I can't count how many times I got knives/scatterguns with tanking mods on it. The master loot change has completely messed up the gear distribution, you're not even getting the gear that was intended to another person (I mean the tank clearly would have never got that kind of offhand), it just mixes your gear with mods from another person, sometimes that means with a lower rating if you have someone with a lower IR in your group.

• 3 weeks later...

This issue is still happening. I received several main hand and off hand items while running FPs over the last week which had 'unidentified' mods in all slots and looked green in quality. They should have all gold mods (302-304-306) based on my characters' iRating of 306. I have characters with a ton of them in their cargo holds.

I suppose BioWare's plan is just to keep giving broken gear until 7.0 comes out and it's rendered moot?

• 1 month later...
I know I'm also late to this party but has there been an update? Im going to say about 30% of my renown crates and FP drops are showing up with unidentified mods. This is really hurting my enjoyment of the game. Have several in inventory and renown if devs need access.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Had this happen today on my level 78 while doing Blood Hunt. Got Sha'tek Armguards with Unknown mods for both armoring and mod. Had no rating as a result, but still required level 75 and was bound to legacy.

• 1 month later...
Still happening after 7.1, I got two different sniper rifles (Onderon & Sha'tek) both with UI mods, and some Sha'tek pants with UI mods. Really annoying. Worse than getting purple or legendary items with sub-300 level...

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Still happening as of 05/28/23.  Two pieces of Onderonian force-lord's gear; a lightsaber and a focus. Level 75, gotten from FPs, and green. All "Unidentified" and when I attempt to modify the item it's just empty.