Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Assassin Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

blackthunder's Avatar


blackthunder
09.20.2021 , 07:44 PM | #31
1. The way the combat styles are working definitely feels like an Assassin imo. The core of the class wasn’t really changed too much and we got some cool new abilities.

2. I tried Darkness and Hatred

Darkness
I liked that we have the option to get increased crit/threat generation on depredating volts or have it arc to multiple targets. The extra force regeneration when DV hits targets affected by mind control is also noticeable, and can provide a good threat boost. The options for dark ward were decent as well. I really liked the one that gave the accuracy debuff when dark ward breaks from damage. The tooltips/descriptions were informative, accurate, and, as far as I could tell, all worked.

Hatred
I also enjoy playing Hatred. I’m a fan of Befall, the extra charge on Death Field, and the overall choices of increasing the crit/fdamage of periodic effects. The tooltips/descriptions were informative, accurate, and, as far as I could tell, all worked.

For each class so far (guardian/sent, sniper/op, and sin/sorc), I feel the changes are pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing the new abilities in the future update. Thanks for the hard work
Master Havik

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
09.21.2021 , 01:27 PM | #32
With this change to combat styles, can we please have the option of Project and Shock versus their replaced ability?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Darthanimus's Avatar


Darthanimus
09.21.2021 , 02:39 PM | #33
Hatred.

Still feels like hatred. Cleaner UI is nice. Nice utilities.
A few PvP related issues. Hatred needs to have better survivability in PvP, it just feels so soft and squishy and always has been, the changes to PTS make the combat style feel even more squishy as vs mobs in the environment the hp went down so fast. Also please make death field the dot spread again, and lacerate tick the dots or summin, a bit like sweeping slash dealing more dmg with veng warrior dots.. It has always felt clunky with lacerate spreading dots. Other than that It plays nicely atm.
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

Strathkin's Avatar


Strathkin
09.21.2021 , 05:50 PM | #34
I mostly play DPS, or Assassin (Deception) yet most the talk is about Hatred being significantly buffed; or their Tank Build.

Don't think there's any changes for Deception, just a few less opportunities, and may have to consider Hatred even though I really don't want to. I'd however expect them to be far more squishy, and if they aren't right now, then it's likely coming...

Still I'm mostly not likely having to choose between 1 of 3 abilities that used to be CORE defining on most classes. Perhaps this isn't so much an issue for Assassin, yet still it's greatly on my mind.

Really wish they limited this down to 2, and focused on a separate skill tree for PvP that was different. They could also do something similar for more Tacticals, making them mostly PvE, or PvP options; say at the PvP Vendor for example.

Quote: Originally Posted by Darthanimus View Post
Hatred. Still feels like hatred. Cleaner UI is nice. Nice utilities.
A few PvP related issues. Hatred needs to have better survivability in PvP...
https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=997315

I really dislike this new Interface, why, because it takes twice as many clicks just to see your skills. I strongly prefer the OLD interface a lot more, because less clicks is what I call cleaner & efficient! Less clicks, (one) not click and drag before you even see the categories or skills. I give two thumbs down to the NEW interface, and I have heard a lot more say similar in General Chat about it!

I've already said above, what I think they should do regarding PvP; that's separate Skill Tree, and Tacticals.
A constant supporter of Baby Yoda!

CraigOnXD's Avatar


CraigOnXD
09.22.2021 , 08:51 AM | #35
for basic info, im gonna talk from pvp pov.

Deception:
Imo the changes feell pretty good, but
-energized blade resets a crap ton especially with lightning critical, imo needs a rate limit or has to be changed to "reset on direct force attack crits" (spamming the **** out of one button isnt something I consider fun)
- force magnetism; i dont see anyone picking this ever except for trolling urself
- overcharge saber; nothing wrong with it i guess but would have loved to see something like "also increases force damage by 10% over the duration" or something
- speed surge; muuuch worse than force phase...dunno if it matters in pve anywhere
- severing slash...im honestly sad that's still in the game

offnote-I would have loved to see phasewalk again as a choice for sins (just do it devs); also, it would have been cool to get a way to choose between ball lightning and shock (let them do slightly different stuff)...maybe u could do that via tacticals later...rly loved the animation in deception

hatred:
rly like the new stuff there, gonna see how it plays out in matches
-force magnetism/speed surge/ severing slash: refer to deception above

Wont give any feedback abt darkness since im not a tank main
http://www.swtor.com/r/4K28JN

†<<All-Star Sync Squad>>†

Kass's Avatar


Kass
09.22.2021 , 07:32 PM | #36
I have been taking a break from SWTOR after being mortified by the interview with Chris Schmidt about 7.0 and Combat Styles ( https://vulkk.com/2021/08/22/swtor-g...combat-styles/)

So I only just learned about Assassin being available for testing on PTS.

Despite my complete disagreement with the philosophy behind this lazy make-the-devs-life-easier-change-a-10-year-old-combat-system exercise, I was willing to get involved because I know Assassin... its predominately all I've ever played since launch.

Before I was going to start testing Screenshot comparison of my Character Copy from Star Forge to PTS shows me that this is a straight up nerf for Sith Assassin: Darkness - a Class that is the last one to need any nerf of any kind! How do you even justify adding 5 Levels and still having less stats than what we have now currently?!

Skank Tank at Level 80 =
  • Significantly Lower Crit Chance (33.89% @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 43.16% @ Lvl 75 LIVE) and Crit Multiplier (64.23% @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 69.91% @ Lvl 75 LIVE) than my current Star Forge LvL 75;
  • Significantly Lower Damage Reduction Defense Chance (33.81% @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 37.50% @ Lvl 75 LIVE);
  • Significantly Lower Bonus Damage (6621.2 @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 6640.7 @ Lvl 75 LIVE);
  • Reduced Force Regen (10.9 @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 11.1 @ Lvl 75 LIVE);
  • SIGNIFICANT Alacrity Reduction (4.49 @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 7.20 @ Lvl 75 LIVE);

WTHK Droid are you doing?!?

This is so sickening that I have zero appetite to play masochist to this little charade of 'more choice' grift gaslighting.

Plan and simply, I'm done... all this PR is a front for completely remaking/re-imagining the SWTOR combat system, that in practical terms means massive nerfs to a matured combat system that people know and are familiar.

So no - right off the bat this does not feel or resemble anything like what we have now...

Count me out - I'll go play War Thunder and spend my money over there.
Kass'yan
KTD - Republic Commando - "We're coming... and we're bringing Guns..."
"All Mods have been alerted to your presence, sir!" *
S0-B1 aw350m3n355 @ b31ng a Tr011 ha5 b33n c0mpr0m15ed. Mu5t f1nd 3as13r markz

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
09.23.2021 , 06:29 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Kass View Post
I have been taking a break from SWTOR after being mortified by the interview with Chris Schmidt about 7.0 and Combat Styles ( https://vulkk.com/2021/08/22/swtor-g...combat-styles/)

So I only just learned about Assassin being available for testing on PTS.

Despite my complete disagreement with the philosophy behind this lazy make-the-devs-life-easier-change-a-10-year-old-combat-system exercise, I was willing to get involved because I know Assassin... its predominately all I've ever played since launch.

Before I was going to start testing Screenshot comparison of my Character Copy from Star Forge to PTS shows me that this is a straight up nerf for Sith Assassin: Darkness - a Class that is the last one to need any nerf of any kind! How do you even justify adding 5 Levels and still having less stats than what we have now currently?!

Skank Tank at Level 80 =
  • Significantly Lower Crit Chance (33.89% @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 43.16% @ Lvl 75 LIVE) and Crit Multiplier (64.23% @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 69.91% @ Lvl 75 LIVE) than my current Star Forge LvL 75;
  • Significantly Lower Damage Reduction Defense Chance (33.81% @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 37.50% @ Lvl 75 LIVE);
  • Significantly Lower Bonus Damage (6621.2 @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 6640.7 @ Lvl 75 LIVE);
  • Reduced Force Regen (10.9 @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 11.1 @ Lvl 75 LIVE);
  • SIGNIFICANT Alacrity Reduction (4.49 @ Lvl 80 PTS vs current 7.20 @ Lvl 75 LIVE);

WTHK Droid are you doing?!?

This is so sickening that I have zero appetite to play masochist to this little charade of 'more choice' grift gaslighting.

Plan and simply, I'm done... all this PR is a front for completely remaking/re-imagining the SWTOR combat system, that in practical terms means massive nerfs to a matured combat system that people know and are familiar.

So no - right off the bat this does not feel or resemble anything like what we have now...

Count me out - I'll go play War Thunder and spend my money over there.
I wouldn't worry about stat values too much, stats budgets are increasing with new gear levels and augments that'll inevitably come with the new expansion, so they're tuning the formulas to calculate stats percentages. This is something that is done across the board though, so even if with max iLVL and augments you'll still be below current values, that'll be true for all classes. Test it for any class currently supported on the PTS and you'll see similar drops in stats, it's what they've done with every expansion to prevent values jumping up to high because of the increasing stat budget from better gear.

ViShAsh's Avatar


ViShAsh
09.25.2021 , 04:46 PM | #38
Dear SWTOR team,

Here is my feedback for Sith Assassins.

Darkness Assassin

Overall the rotation seemed to be the same. It felt a lot like it is currently on live. I have noticed that you need to make a choice between Overcharge Saber and some other defensive cooldowns. Since it doesn't provide a 25% absorb boost like it can right now on live, I think it makes it a less desirable option. I do think that some options on the earlier levels do provide some extra defense though via passive means through some abilities. Having a choice to make Devastating Bolts an AOE is quite fun (not that Assassins need more AoEs, but it is a good option). I think the best way to test it will be by doing an operation, which I haven't done.

Deception Assassin

The flow of this spec feels exactly the same as it is on live. I do want to make few comments about some of the choices though. I found it quite devastating (in a good way) that there are options to increase your armor penetration as well as your crit chance (via stacks of Voltaic Slash). If you min/max your gear you should be able to make your deception assassin a crit machine. It certainly adds some good flavor to it.

Hatred Assassin

Once again, the rotation of the spec and how it flows feel the same. Extra options related to Death Field are amazing! You can really spice up the AoE potential of this spec. By making Death Field to have 2 stacks and gaining stack for Recklessness is quite powerful. Some other good choices include armor penetration and cooldown reduction for Recklessness for each target hit. I had a lot of fun playing with that.

Ruchalus's Avatar


Ruchalus
09.25.2021 , 07:10 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by ViShAsh View Post
I have noticed that you need to make a choice between Overcharge Saber and some other defensive cooldowns. Since it doesn't provide a 25% absorb boost like it can right now on live, I think it makes it a less desirable option
It's supposed to give +25% Damage Reduction, not Absorption. It's been giving me that +25% DR but no passive or the ability states it grants this DR. Recklessness does grant +30% Shield Absorption though.
Siow - Satele Shan Server

Check out my YouTube Channel, Siow's Holocron!

blackthunder's Avatar


blackthunder
09.25.2021 , 09:06 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruchalus View Post
It's supposed to give +25% Damage Reduction, not Absorption. It's been giving me that +25% DR but no passive or the ability states it grants this DR. Recklessness does grant +30% Shield Absorption though.
I read through all of the abilities in the list and the tree for each spec when I first tried testing the sin. It does say it in a passive called Premonition. It reads:

“Increases your stealth detection level by 5, defense by 2%, and shield absorption by 4%. In addition, when you activate Overcharge Saber, damage reduction is increased by 25% for the duration.”

For sin, I didn’t notice in my testing any incorrect tooltips or abilities not working as intended. However, there were some for sorcerer.
Master Havik