Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

7.0 and pvp unranked warzone matches win only count weekly reset

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
7.0 and pvp unranked warzone matches win only count weekly reset

Davook
11.25.2021 , 09:41 AM | #1
If this go live it would be almost impossible for many players to ever complete this weekly. Right now unranked warzones are dominated by premade groups and sometimes it takes like
10 matches to complete a daily pvp quest(win 1 match).

Floplag
11.25.2021 , 02:39 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Davook View Post
If this go live it would be almost impossible for many players to ever complete this weekly. Right now unranked warzones are dominated by premade groups and sometimes it takes like
10 matches to complete a daily pvp quest(win 1 match).
The old system where any match counted as one and wins counted two was so much better. It was still irritating, just not as much under the current system.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

TrixxieTriss
11.25.2021 , 04:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
The old system where any match counted as one and wins counted two was so much better. It was still irritating, just not as much under the current system.
And if BioWare thought people weren’t trying or going afk too often, they could have just tweaked that points system more. Instead of introducing this harsh win only model.

Ie, require more points to complete the weekly and give even more points for winning. Maybe even give an extra point for “x” amount of medals.

Sure some would still afk, you can’t really stop that even now when you only get points for winning.
But at least if you lose through no fault of your own, ie, premades or bad teams, your time isn’t penalised because you would have got a token reward and progressed your weekly a little.

With this new weekly reset tied directly to gearing up, this is going to be a nightmare for many players which will make them stop pvping and maybe even quit the game. Neither of which is healthy for the queues or pvp in general.

ralphieceaser
11.25.2021 , 05:10 PM | #4
Why is the win requirement there anymore, since they created a deserter penalty the win requirement should have been removed since you are pushed to stay in a losing match due to the deserter or take a long break.

It becomes very clear when one team is a lot more organized and dominating from the start that they are gonna win

Sounders_Fan
11.25.2021 , 10:23 PM | #5
this old system was more fair.

wins can be hard to come by some days/weeks. sometimes you just get matched up against better teams the entire time; sometimes I get stuck with the bad death matchers that dont even try to win (some even seem to run away from objectives and not just ignore them).

I typically only get an hour or 2 to play at a time and only a once or twice during the week; a single bad day can mean that I don't complete a weekly during the week that I picked it up. I could take 2 weeks to complete. now that my characters are full 306 and have set bonus it doesnt matter much when it takes 2 weeks to complete a weekly; but this new system will mean all those incomplete weeklys are just lost effort.

TrixxieTriss
11.26.2021 , 01:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Sounders_Fan View Post
this old system was more fair.

wins can be hard to come by some days/weeks. sometimes you just get matched up against better teams the entire time; sometimes I get stuck with the bad death matchers that dont even try to win (some even seem to run away from objectives and not just ignore them).

I typically only get an hour or 2 to play at a time and only a once or twice during the week; a single bad day can mean that I don't complete a weekly during the week that I picked it up. I could take 2 weeks to complete. now that my characters are full 306 and have set bonus it doesnt matter much when it takes 2 weeks to complete a weekly; but this new system will mean all those incomplete weeklys are just lost effort.
Same points I’ve been making for over a month and BioWare seem to be ignoring.

Floplag
Yesterday , 11:03 AM | #7
Any system is going to have issues, largely due to we the people being the problem... they cant program people being tards out of the game.
But the direction they have made many recent changes makes little sense to me. People still AFK, people still dont play to win, whatever their goal it its failed.
Thhey should put it back to the old way where even a loss counts to the daily/weekly if they are going forward with this reset plan, and give more benefit to actually winning, bonus tokens or whatever.. to encourage people to actually play the maps again.
But, they wont
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

TrixxieTriss
Yesterday , 03:00 PM | #8
Any system is going to have issues, largely due to we the people being the problem... they cant program people being tards out of the game.
But the direction they have made many recent changes makes little sense to me. People still AFK, people still dont play to win, whatever their goal it its failed.
Thhey should put it back to the old way where even a loss counts to the daily/weekly if they are going forward with this reset plan, and give more benefit to actually winning, bonus tokens or whatever.. to encourage people to actually play the maps again.
But, they wont
You’re 100% right of course. By reimplementing the points system they would be admitting they were wrong.
BioWare and especially ChrisS are as stubborn as granite. They will never back track and admit a mistake.