Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Secrets of the Enclave deco drop rate too low

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Secrets of the Enclave deco drop rate too low
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darthjantom
05.04.2021 , 11:24 AM | #21
Yes please^^
The decorations are very nice, but even on MM we got like 2 deco drops max and that included the bonus boss.
On Spirit of Vengeance I even had MM runs without any decorations dropping at all.

Overal i think it would be nice if flashpoints could have more unique drops (outside of decorations) again as well, like a unique mount and/or pet for that flashpoint (like many of the older flashpoints like the SoR ones used to have), or like a cosmetic armor set like the ones from A Traitor Among the Chiss or The Nathema Conspiracy. Or even like the droid companion from Nathema^^

Desplain
05.04.2021 , 12:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post
Hi all,

Wanted to confirm a couple things. For Solo-Story mode, decorations do not drop from the bosses, but upon completing the quest, there is a chest that grants a decoration. This is a one time grant. Decorations currently drop in Story, Veteran, and Master modes; however, they are not guaranteed on every kill.

We have read feedback similar to the OP's, and are evaluating increasing the boss drop rates for SoV and SotE for Story, Veteran, and Master modes. We will keep you updated on any changes that may happen.
Thanks for the update!
Increasing the drop rates would be encouraging to play the flashpoints in any mode more often.
May the Force be with you.

Sarova
05.04.2021 , 01:37 PM | #23
Hi all,

Wanted to confirm a couple things. For Solo-Story mode, decorations do not drop from the bosses, but upon completing the quest, there is a chest that grants a decoration. This is a one time grant. Decorations currently drop in Story, Veteran, and Master modes; however, they are not guaranteed on every kill.

We have read feedback similar to the OP's, and are evaluating increasing the boss drop rates for SoV and SotE for Story, Veteran, and Master modes. We will keep you updated on any changes that may happen.
To clarify, if I re-run this FP alone in normal story version after completing the solo-story version, decorations have a better chance to drop (like they did on the PTS)? If not, there's really no incentive to bother with this other than story completion.
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

JediBoadicea
05.04.2021 , 08:41 PM | #24
Hi all,

Thanks for the response, Jackie! It's always encouraging to see yellow posts that confirm our feedback is being received.

To clarify, however, I think there are two issues. One a bug, and the other critique of the model.

One is what seems to be an actual bug, in that it is completely possible to run this FP in Story (I'm talking about after the campaign mission, when you're just re-running it however many times from the terminal) and not receive any deco at all. I personally have run it multiple times and not received that box at the end with a guaranteed drop. The OP reported the same. So if the FP is supposed to have at least one guaranteed deco drop at the end, then there is a bug that is preventing that. Further, if decos do actually have a chance to drop from every boss, then the RNG table here is completely whacked, as I (and others in this thread) can confirm runs with zero decos and the OP reported as many as 15 with zero drops, so that may be a bug too.

The argument for changing the manner in which the decos drop is a second and separate issue. As has already been said in this thread, there's definitely a preference for seeing the deco drops in the Spirit and Secrets FPs use the one-guaranteed-deco-per-boss model that Traitor, Nathema, and Meridian use. I really, truly hope this change will be made, as the current ultra-scarcity model it has made all of these decorations extremely rare and/or ridiculously expensive, which doesn't feel like it was really the point? Not when 18-20 decos are being made per FP, which a model that only began with the one-deco-per-boss FPs.

So, fingers crossed for a model change, but definitely there's also a bug about the last chest not dropping a deco at all.

Xina_LA
05.05.2021 , 09:39 AM | #25
I agree wholeheartedly. There should be one guaranteed deco drop per run of SoV and other flashpoints. (Hopefully with a chance at 2-3.)

It saps all the fun out of the game to put in 20-30 minutes on a solo FP run for a tiny chance at a small rock.

Also, many types of decorations are difficult to use if you only have one. For example, one chair. The new Column decorations are similar. It looks odd to have just one column in a room, you're more likely to need them in pairs, or based on the visual appearance of some models, four in a room to cover the corners. It's currently an insane and untenable amount of work to try and get 4 matching Columns.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Borja_Perez
05.09.2021 , 04:33 PM | #26
Hi all,

First of all, thank you for giving us feedback, it is always nice to see that our concerns/questions/comments are read.

As many people stated above, I think that decos from both Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave should be dropped in the same fashion as Nathema Conspiracy or Copero flashpoints. I would like to highlight this since the variety of decos from the formers are greater.

Nevertheless, instead of making a sure deco drop, increasing the rate could also work. This is important because it is not only that there is no point in repeating the flashpoints, but the fact that Story Mode of this fp is harder than others. So you have to invest more time on completing them (when you do it for the first time you have 2 companions for SotE, but when you repeat it you only have 1).

To sum up, I would like to ask if there is any chance that rates will be modified in the update 6.3.a.

Thank you again for your time.

Best regards,

Lord Syltac a.k.a. Lord Sillas

eabevella
05.09.2021 , 10:24 PM | #27
Make the deco drop rate from boss 100% like the ones from the traitor arc.
This way, people will actually want to play the flashpoint more.

Xina_LA
Yesterday , 01:59 PM | #28
I get the feeling they set these drop rates while a FP is popular, not thinking about how hard it will be to get a deco a year on, when it takes a week just to find a group, and if it doesn't drop on that one run, another week...
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--