Spirit of Vengeance Story - Does It Have Spoilers?

Darth_Sidewinder

I have been very slow at getting through the story content, so I have not caught up with everything there is. I have some characters who got only through the basic class content and stopped pre-KOTFE because it felt like it was a strange plot direction for them.

But I was wondering if it was feasible to still play some select content (flashpoints) from the later expansions with them if it made sense. For example the Mandalorian-related flashpoints with my Bounty Hunter.

My question is: how sensible is it to play the Spirit of Vengeance Flashpoint randomly with characters who aren't up-to-date with the story?

How much story does the flashpoint show when you are playing it in a different mode than as part of the story progression?

Will you get what is going on without some sort of intro that I assume the story provides?

Isn't it too closely bound to the surrounding story so that it would feel weird out-of-context?

Does it refer the events of KOTFE, KOTET, Iokath, Onslaught etc? Are there any spoilers ("after we killed twenty Emperors and fifteen Malguses...")?

Do people talk to you as if you were the leader of the Alliance, or is it generic?

Or also in other words: can I just play it and "headcanon" that this is my pre-KOTET BH helping out the Mandalorians with some dar'mandas? (which is what I gathered the story is about, I know nothing much else)

(For the record, I'd be curious to know similar things about any other late-expansion - say, post-Iokath - content that is accessible to characters who aren't up-to-date. But this is the primary thing.)

Thanks for every bit of feedback!

For absolutely sure, the three Flashpoints in the "Traitor Arc" (between KotET and Jedi Under Siege/Ossus) are all despoilerised if you play in Master or Veteran or "Story" (meaning you play solo but don't advance the story). If there's a cinematic featuring the Traitor in the Solo-Story mode (that advances the story), the same cinematic in the other modes will have an anonymous masked figure, or it won't even be there. Dialogue that mentions the Traitor's identity will be absent.

I don't know for sure how much of not-Solo-Story SoV is spoilerish, although most of the *really* spoilerish parts happen before you go in or after you come out, or *as* you finish, so these things will be absent in the other modes.