Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

casirabit
03.31.2021 , 11:05 AM | #151
Well here we go again and if it is supposed to be the ones at the top they are all weeklies and neither are something I will do. I do not have any dailies and since I did all those the last two days (with exception of pvp and GSF) and it didn't award points not doing it today. Tired of wasting time.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

Sarova
03.31.2021 , 02:06 PM | #152
Can someone clarify because me=derp:
  1. Are ALL the rewards going to be available through doing GS activities to get points then buying our chosen rewards with the new currency we earn? Or do we need points to buy the new currency? This wasn't clear to me.
  2. Is it likely that it will take forever [I mean a season] to earn enough points to get the companion? (I don't want him but for reasons of madness I may have to get him on my main to add to my collection of 10,000 companions)
  3. Are the rewards bought with credits and cartel coins only there for people who missed some log-ins and want to catch up? Or can lazy people like me just throw money at stuff?
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

Darthjantom
03.31.2021 , 02:55 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by JackieKo View Post

Could you find them quickly without having to look hard?
The priority objectives listed among the conquest objectives feels incredibly messy.

Any general feedback you may have regarding the Priority Objectives and the update are welcome.
For past 2 days I only had 2 weekly priority objectives pinned and no daily priority objectives.
One was for completing 1 of 4 flashpoints, the other was for world bosses.

For the world bosses one it listed 2 rak event ones that are unavailable, Ulgo Siegebreaker & Lucky whom are easy enough, but if its a objective many will be farming those. However Dread Pirate Carvoy? Really? That boss is way too hard to be counted with easy world bosses like Siegebreaker and Lucky, besides the fact nobody ever bothers with him anyways as he has no decent rewards. Why not make this objective count for completing the Priority Targets weekly quest for world bosses instead?

Do the current list of rewards appear appealing?
I like the season 1 exclusive rewards (from what I have been able to see for myself).
What I do not like is the fact 6 of the exclusive season 1 Ornate weapons are only on the vendor, and they cost 12 tokens to get (and the reward track only seems to give 15 total). Why aren't ALL season 1 exclusive rewards on the reward track? I feel most people will be expecting to get all the season 1 exclusive rewards of they level the season to max level (and are subbed). More ranting on tokens further down XD.

How do you feel regarding the cadence of rewards (when you get which rewards when)?
Its a bit better, but it still feels like there are many levels with empty reward slots.

As Ranadiel_Marius brought up, how does influence work for Altuur? With already so little tokens spending them on gifts from the vendor is a complete utter waste. Will leveling him to 50 on 1 character make him 50 on all characters?

The reward track decorations say you can have a maximum of 10 unlocked for each one, but the reward track only gives you 1 single copy of each deco, the reward track decorations should give max copies like achievement decorations & like the Throne Facade from the Alderaan stronghold. Expecially since they are season 1 exclusive, and you can only claim them once from the reward track.

Also as mentioned by someone else, the bracers for basic Mythran set is missing currently so the set wont even unlock in collections.

We have added a secondary Galactic Seasons vendor to the Fleet. Does this second vendor help clarify what rewards are Seasonal and which are rotational?
Yes the second vendor makes things a lot clearer.

However I counted the tokens, and the increase to 15 is still not near enough tokens for a season imo.
To get a complete collection of season 1 rewards I will still have to waste 12 out of 15 tokens on the ornate weapons set, leaving a measly 3 tokens to spend on other stuff. So my choices are either, an incomplete collection of SEASON EXCLUSIVE rewards that I won't be able to get ever again most likely, but get a few non-season specific rewards. Or, get a complete collection of season 1 rewards but only have 3 tokens left. With so few tokens per season what is even the point of having so much stuff available on both vendors? As a completionist i am definitely going to want a complete collection of all the season exclusive stuff, and i'm sure I am not the only one.

I still feel all the season 1 exclusive rewards should be on the actual reward track (at least for subscribers), and I honestly do not understand why they aren't on the track to begin with.
Here is a suggestion, add the 6 Ornate weapons to the reward track as well and maybe have the season 1 rewards vendor exist for f2p players as an option to grab a couple subscriber track rewards with tokens instead of non-seasonal rewards.

What are your thoughts on the current credit pricing model for Catch-Up?
I skipped all the way to level 54. I assume the catch up system considers 1 level a day? Because it seems it unlocks 1 level for catchup every day so far. How exactly does the pricing for catch up go up? does it go up everytime you use it once? or is the pricing dependant on what level you are trying to catch up on?

I also echo the sentiments of others that the Galactic Seasons window looks very ugly, the big boxes/icons for the levels/rewards stands out like a sore thumb compared to other older U.I. elements.
The green leveling bar located under the levels is very unclear if its meant to be total progress for season, or progress until next level.

Selkcun
03.31.2021 , 09:26 PM | #154
We have updated Priority Objectives. With the update to them:
Are they clear as to what you need to do to complete them? Yes
Could you find them quickly without having to look hard? Yes
Could you efficiently track their progress? Yes
Do you feel the Daily Objectives are ones you can complete in 20-30 minutes? Mostly. Killing 75 is a little grindy.
Do you feel the Weekly Objectives are ones you can complete in 50-70 minutes? Probably. I haven't done them in PTS yet but I've done some of them on live and that time sounds about right.
Any general feedback you may have regarding the Priority Objectives and the update are welcome.
I like dailys and heroics. Adding 75 enemies gives a alternate to meet the goal but I'd like story solo fps and other true solo objectives; gain 3 character levels, gain 2 renown levels, gain a legacy level, gain a social level, complete a secret side mission like finding the egg and hatching it, making hk51, or raising a tauntaun, completing 5 exploration missions, completing weekly GSI. I don't want to just defeat 150 enemies everyday.

We have updated the reward cadence for Galactic Seasons.

Do the current list of rewards appear appealing? No, mostly gifts for the new comp. The armor box gave me one rotworm chest piece. Keep it. The decos are so so. Even the items on the vendor are so so. I have most of it. I'm not very motivated to worry about Galatic Seasons based on the rewards. Maybe give tech frags, or purple armor leveled with the player, or 20CC every 20 levels or something. Better make that 50CC. 20 doesn't buy a single thing anymore. That way the player can pick their own reward from the market.
How do you feel regarding the cadence of rewards (when you get which rewards when)? I'd rather have currency of any kind and pick my own rewards. Some kind of reward every 2 levels would help motivate me to continue.

We have added a secondary Galactic Seasons vendor to the Fleet.

Does this second vendor help clarify what rewards are Seasonal and which are rotational? Yes

Catch-Up is now enabled.

Were you able to quickly and effectively determine which Reward Levels were eligible for Catch-Up? Yes
Did you utilize Catch-Up? If so, how many Reward Levels did you purchase? Yes, level 24. I wanted three tokens to buy the gazebo, the only thing I wanted from either vendor. I will be wanting the penthouses in live.
What are your thoughts on the current credit pricing model for Catch-Up? Based on the rewards, way to much. To me, it's basically, silver spoon stuff anyway. If I can just buy it, why work for it? I paid 150mil credits for a gazebo. Not sure I'll do that in live. I'll probably grind for it or most of it instead.
Did this feature make sense to you? I guess. What I understood from your description was you want people that can't play that often to be able to catch up with every one else. What I see happening is the rich will simply buy the rewards they want and skip the grind.
Any other general feedback you may have about our Catch-Up system are welcome! It needs some kind of control if you expect people to do the objectives. Limit the number of levels you can buy based on how many weeks you haven't played maybe. Don't let someone buy 100 levels on day 1. If you haven't played in 100 weeks and have the CC then fine, buy all 100. If your objective is to make money and let us buy whatever we want then no need to ask the question.

Thank you for all of the valuable feedback you have provided so far!

Ranadiel_Marius
04.01.2021 , 06:06 AM | #155
Oh hey I actually got a randomization today. I wonder if the problem got fixed or if it happened because I happened to be on while the daily reset happened. Either way, I have two dailies that are pinned now and neither of them are the one I had yesterday.

I do want to point out one other thing I noticed, the original post in this thread states, "His selection varies weekly though, so feel free to check him out each week!" I just checked the non-seasonal rewards vendor, and she has the same stuff that was available last week. So if her inventory is supposed to change as part of the weekly roll over, it did not.

casirabit
04.01.2021 , 12:15 PM | #156
Logged in again today:

No changes in the pinned activities. I hope this will be better on live because on PTS it is horrible the way it is doing.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

dexcalibur
04.01.2021 , 05:00 PM | #157
Hey there! Unable to get the PTS up from steam, but I had some questions.

How long will a season last? If I can't play for a month or two, how much will I miss out on? Is there a way to earn ahead instead of paying to catch up?

xordevoreaux
04.02.2021 , 07:12 AM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by dexcalibur View Post
How long will a season last?
For having read the dev tracker post and the original announcement....

Quote:
As mentioned in our announcement blog for Galactic Seasons, our current planned duration for Galactic Seasons: Season 1 is 5 months (or roughly 150 days). Each Reward Level will require 8 Galactic Season Points to obtain, for a total of 800 Galactic Season Points over the course of the Season. Below are the current incomes for Galactic Season Points and their avenues.
Play the Electronic Arts game Sims4 much? Need a new schmazzy fireplace retexture or really classy piano update?
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

Darthjantom
04.04.2021 , 09:21 AM | #159
The exquisite weapons from reward track don't seem to unlock in collections properly.

sugarnails
04.05.2021 , 06:54 AM | #160
We have updated Priority Objectives. With the update to them:
  • Are they clear as to what you need to do to complete them?
    Yes.
  • Could you find them quickly without having to look hard?
    Not really, but I feel this is a PTS related problem. The ones that do give points are no longer at the top of the conquest objective list. It will not be an issue on live if we're only shown ones that award points.
  • Could you efficiently track their progress?
    Yes. Thank you for updating the trackers!
  • Do you feel the Daily Objectives are ones you can complete in 20-30 minutes?
    The PvE based objectives, yes. Thanks for changing the ones for the daily areas into doing a number of dailies there rather than the associated weekly. It will definitely help people without a bunch of alts.
  • Do you feel the Weekly Objectives are ones you can complete in 50-70 minutes?
    Again yes for the PvE based objectives. I like that the World Boss objective has options now.
  • Any general feedback you may have regarding the Priority Objectives and the update are welcome.
    I (still) feel like there needs to be a compromise on what objectives are available. A day/week where the only two objectives are warzones and GSF is a completely wasted day/week to me. Why not set a hard cap of how many points someone can earn per week and let more than 2 objectives be active? It doesn't have to be the entire list, just enough so that people can get their points through their preferred game mode.

We have updated the reward cadence for Galactic Seasons.
  • Do the current list of rewards appear appealing?
    - I would give it a 7/10 overall.
    - The apartment strongholds you can buy with tokens seem to be exactly what people were asking for.
    - I love that you're finally giving people who missed login rewards a way to earn them. I would like to see other rewards such as the M4 droids and old CC card pets go on there, too.
    - I don't quite understand the companion gifts being in the subscriber row, when I feel like f2p people would get a lot more value from them. I'm at a place where I can just head to the V1C-0RY droid whenever I want another companion at 50 influence. If the intention is for Altuur to only be able to receive influence from seasons gifts and not Commander's Compendiums, he'll probably end up just another unused companion. Maybe just turn all of the gift rewards into tokens?
    - The Bronze and Silver CM item packs are fantastic. It would be nice to see a Bronze and Silver decoration pack on the list, too.
    - The Season's armor and weapons are just so-so.
    - The decorations are cool.
    - I really like the Teithek mounts and would like to see a pet version on the token vendors. Some sort of silly alien bird call for a mount flourish would be fun, too.
  • How do you feel regarding the cadence of rewards (when you get which rewards when)?
    My issue is mostly with Altuur's gifts, outlined above. I think it would feel better if they were replaced with tokens, or at the very least, moved to the f2p row.

We have added a secondary Galactic Seasons vendor to the Fleet.
  • Does this second vendor help clarify what rewards are Seasonal and which are rotational?
    Yes.

Catch-Up is now enabled.
  • Were you able to quickly and effectively determine which Reward Levels were eligible for Catch-Up?
    Yes.
  • Did you utilize Catch-Up? If so, how many Reward Levels did you purchase?
    I purchased all of the levels it would let me. The credits aren't being taken on the PTS, so the following feedback assumes that is fixed...
  • What are your thoughts on the current credit pricing model for Catch-Up?
    It's one thing to pay for a level here and there due to wanting to be lazy or not being able to play, but if you're left paying for 25% or more of a season due to objective RNG, it's enough of a punishment to question if the rewards are worth it. If you're at a point where you need to pay for more than half of a season, I don't think the value is there. Hopefully most people will never have to be in that situation.
  • Did this feature make sense to you?
    Yes.

Extra feedback related to the Seasons Window
  • It would be nice to have some context around the ___/800 such as "Season Progress: ___/800".
  • I would like to see the progress bar be moved out of the reward track section of the window. Alternatively, it could be made to show the level by level progress as you click through the pages of the reward track.
  • It would be really cool if we could replace the legacy xp bar with the Seasons progress bar in the interface editor.