Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Seasons Feedback

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Saeten
04.06.2021 , 01:39 PM | #171
Catchup from 55-95 for me shows 10,545,705,984. My legacy bank is maxed out at 9.9billion. Can't afford Level 95 :P
RIP referral code
If you ain't laughing, you ain't living - Carlos Mencia

DanielSteed
04.06.2021 , 03:03 PM | #172 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I wanted to let y'all know that the team is aware of some lingering issues regarding a handful of players still not properly seeing their daily PO's. The team is working on a fix, but in the meantime if you're experiencing this issue, you can just omit that part of the system in your feedback/testing.

Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Sarova
04.06.2021 , 03:11 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidStaats View Post

Questions For the Week
Are you able to quickly locate your Priority Objectives and efficiently track them?[/B]
Yes. On opening the conquest panel, it is clear that the top four missions relate to Galactic Seasons ETA: HOWEVER: The tracker text for POs is too wide. I have mine at the bottom right of my interface and it underlaps preventing you seeing progress. The only way round this was to reduce the scale, which makes the text too small for me. It would be better if the text was split over two lines

Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)?
I have no in-game friends (nor do I want any); I play this game solo (primarily as a story player) so will only be able to undertake the objectives that can be done solo. Only one of the objectives that I saw today is suitable for a solo story player, both the weekly and second daily require the solo player to group through the finder AND do activities that some of us have no interest in (group flashpoints, starfighter pvp, unranked PvP). The only thing with those is that unranked PvP requires participation in the whole match rather than having to keep doing them for a win. This means that solo story players will earn less points per week than those who like to group or do groupfinder activities.

When tracking multiple types of objectives, is it clear which ones are your Priority Objectives versus those which aren’t?
Yes, using a different colour and identifying with Daily and Weekly PO is excellent. I'd like to request a different colour for achievement objectives in the tracker as currently these are the same colour and tracked conquest objectives.

Are the Priority Objectives clear as to what needs to be done to complete them?
Yes

Is it clear how Priority Objectives contribute to the progression of Galactic Seasons?
If you mean are the points per objective clear? Yes they are. I finally realised we get points for logging in as well as for completing the Priority Objectives however, what isn't clear is whether the PO's can only be completed on only one character & once per server.

What feedback, if any, do you have regarding the new Refresh feature on Priority Objectives?
This is going to the biggest annoyance for me because I'm not yet sure what all the daily/weekly POs will be. I want to avoid objectives that require groups (OPs) or a giant irritating-non-fun chore (unranked PvP and Starfighter PvP). Will there be more than one weekly that requires OPs? If yes then refreshing may waste a refresh. I still think more weekly POs that are soloer friendly like Star fortresses or Chapters on Vet mode. Even the World Boss mission "Priority Targets" would be good because lots of normally solo players team up for that on occasion (since it's casual and no pressure).
I'd prefer to be able to choose my weekly and daily from a drop down list so I can take part in the activities that I enjoy (or are the least annoying) If it stays as is, then there will be some weeks when I earn no points through POs or will just not bother rather than force myself to take part in activities I don't enjoy.

Any additional feedback you may have regarding this latest update to Galactic Seasons is welcome
Are those catch-up prices for real? I'm sure they've been increased since I last logged in. I'm reasonably well off in game but there is no way (as examples) I'd pay 1,491,226,112 credits/700 CC for a galactic token or 2,172,759,808 credits/1000 CC for the classic mount pack & Altuur's blaster.
Fortunately there (currently) aren't many things I'll want from the vendor - I'll be looking for pets and the Makeb Gazebo & other resurrected SH decorations. It's the Penthouse Apartments that I'm concerned about. Can you let us know what the real (live costs) of these will be?
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - || Quinn Treats™
Darth Rivix as Permanent Companion & Romance Pls!
My Rishi

FlameYOL
04.06.2021 , 03:37 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidStaats View Post

Priority Objective Refresh
Questions For the Week
Here are a new set of questions for this week’s PTS!
  • Are you able to quickly locate your Priority Objectives and efficiently track them?
  • Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)?
  • When tracking multiple types of objectives, is it clear which ones are your Priority Objectives versus those which aren’t?
  • Are the Priority Objectives clear as to what needs to be done to complete them?
  • Is it clear how Priority Objectives contribute to the progression of Galactic Seasons?
  • What feedback, if any, do you have regarding the new Refresh feature on Priority Objectives?
  • Any additional feedback you may have regarding this latest update to Galactic Seasons is welcome!

Thank you all again for helping us shape Galactic Seasons!
I'm able to quickly locate the objectivies, I still wished they were in their own section instead of with conquests. When it comes to progression I do think its easy to track, each one of those segments in galactic seasons is a point, one rank needs to 4 points, etc, I would say to make it clearer maybe add numbers in there? Or some kind of other indicator. As far agency, not really, I think the refresh mechanic is a good idea but its not like I get to choose which objectives I do, I just press a button and hope the random results are more to my liking. I would say that is fine for the daily objectives, but for weekly objectives I do feel you should be given more chances at refreshing. Perhaps one weekly refresh per day would be better?
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Ranadiel_Marius
04.06.2021 , 03:43 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to let y'all know that the team is aware of some lingering issues regarding a handful of players still not properly seeing their daily P0's. The team is working on a fix, but in the meantime if you're experiencing this issue, you can just omit that part of the system in your feedback/testing.

Just taking a stab in the dark here, but my assumption is that the problem is that the people without daily POs have week 1 POs selected by the system, which have since been removed or hidden, and the lack of daily rerolling is keeping them stuck with the unviewable week 1 POs. So when the daily rerolls are working, the whole issue should hopefully go away. Then again, I guess you guys have probably already figured that out? *shrug*

casirabit
04.06.2021 , 04:00 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to let y'all know that the team is aware of some lingering issues regarding a handful of players still not properly seeing their daily PO's. The team is working on a fix, but in the meantime if you're experiencing this issue, you can just omit that part of the system in your feedback/testing.

I will keep reporting it until I see a fix because as it is there is nothing there for me to test and if you want it tested it needs fixed.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

Ranadiel_Marius
04.06.2021 , 04:11 PM | #177
Oh right something I just remembered that I forgot in my earlier post. At level 75 is a Classic Cartel Weapon Pack. Icon for it is bronze. Description indicates that it is a silver item (and patterns indicate that is what it is supposed to be), so the icon needs to be fixed.

Illeva
04.06.2021 , 04:15 PM | #178
Are you able to quickly locate your Priority Objectives and efficiently track them?
- Yes.

Do you feel like you have agency to make decisions regarding your Priority Objectives (which aspects of the Objectives to complete, being able to complete them with friends)?
- No. Currently I have 2 weeklies available - Unranked Warzones and Galactic Starfighter. Both PvP focus and something I do not engage in.

When tracking multiple types of objectives, is it clear which ones are your Priority Objectives versus those which aren’t?
- Yes, it's made well clear by the purple colour, compared to the normal yellow colour.

Are the Priority Objectives clear as to what needs to be done to complete them?
- Yes, it gives the amount that need to be done to complete the objective.

Is it clear how Priority Objectives contribute to the progression of Galactic Seasons?
-Yes, when I click on a Priority Objective it states "Season Points +12"

What feedback, if any, do you have regarding the new Refresh feature on Priority Objectives?
- I got to use it, and it went from doing either Operations/Hive Queen to Galactic Starfighter. Granted I seem to only have weekly objectives available, so can't really confirm when it comes to daily objectives.

Any additional feedback you may have regarding this latest update to Galactic Seasons is welcome!

How about having a list of maybe 10 things per day to achieve your 2 dailies that will be mixed up every week?

For example have 3-4 casual PvE activities. Example: "Do X amount Heroics", "Complete a SOLO Flashpoint" or "Kill 75 NPC's on X planet".
Have 3-4 PvP focused activities. Example: "Win 2 unranked matches", "Complete your Daily PvP" or "Go on
rampage in ranked" (I'm not a PvP'er, so I'm sorry if these are a bit off.)
Have 3-4 group activities that could range from Flashpoints to World Bosses or even completing a specific Operations.
In this way you reach all sorts of players, everyone will feel fulfilled and happy by being able to have a few choices a day to complete their daily objectives.

And possibly make a separate tab from Conquest, which will make it easier to navigate.

dexcalibur
04.06.2021 , 06:40 PM | #179
Is there a way to earn ahead in Galactic Seasons? If I am unable to play for a period of weeks, is there a way for me to put in extra work when I can play to get the experience so that I can gain those levels still, or will it be something where I miss out and have to pay to catch up when I am able to play again? Seems like the price to catch up is pretty steep and I'm worried that I may not be able to catch up if I can't earn ahead.

Ranadiel_Marius
04.06.2021 , 08:03 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by dexcalibur View Post
Is there a way to earn ahead in Galactic Seasons? If I am unable to play for a period of weeks, is there a way for me to put in extra work when I can play to get the experience so that I can gain those levels still, or will it be something where I miss out and have to pay to catch up when I am able to play again? Seems like the price to catch up is pretty steep and I'm worried that I may not be able to catch up if I can't earn ahead.
Earn ahead of what? You can't earn more than 6 point a day from dailies, 24 points a week from weeklies, and 8 points from logging in. You can't "pre-earn" points. But you also don't need to get all the points either. Assuming 150 days and 21 weeks (I think 22 is more likely, but I'm low balling it), the maximum points you can get would be 900 from dailies, 504 from weeklies, and 168 from logging in. For a grand total of 1572 points. You need 800 to get max rank. So slightly more than half.

And if the subscriber track has the 2,000 cartel coins mentioned in the announcement when the system hits live, then technically you would only need around 640 of those 1572 points since you could use those 2k coins to buy 20 levels assuming the 100 CC price stays.