Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

exodeath
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #941
Quote: Originally Posted by MaGicBush View Post
Funny I have been through quite a few launches(Aion, Rift, WAR) and never really had issues on day one, besides maybe a server crash that came back up within a hour or two.
Were we playing the same games? Cus Aion servers dropped alot. And Rift did infact have servers go down. And are you seriously using a failed MMO as a reason why BW should do the same?

YagamiJase
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #942
Any answer to my question about the email invite having to do with the activation of your account would be helpful.

goreblade
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #943
knowing my luck, my early acces will start on the 19th...

BlameHoffman
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #944
Hands up if your pre-order was less than a month ago.

FML

potroast
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #945
Quote: Originally Posted by ashtonx View Post
Early Access is not a gift, it's a promotional service that was promoted on the website.
People paid for it, paid for the game, and it's standard procedure to reward people who pre ordered the title.

In one of the interviews they said there's as much pre orders as there was beta testers during weekend. Well i haven't seen any queues or waves on beta weekend.

Sure i can understand people who pre ordered early to be patient and understanding.

However people who pre-ordered after beta, when they saw banner about up to 5 days early access.. well they're gonna get pissed if they won't get in on 15th.

Also, lack of proper information and details is simply insulting. There is no proper explenation about why the hell are there waves. Game went through stress test during beta weekend, they know how many people pre ordered. They should have enough data to know how and when people can access...

Early access isn't a friggin beta, it should be treated like a normal product, sure server overloads and crashes are something that can be expected but treating people like some test subjects and not providing proper eta and information is just an insult.
first of all its the 13th so according to your post they should **** til the 15th. this is of course ignoring your stellar logic that UP TO 5 DAYS early means everyone gets in on the 15th. LOL

paithe
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #946
not to be a nag but i look at it like this if they can put 750k in on one day during beta weeken they shouldnt have no issue get 1mil in 1-2 days for early access

Didley
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #947
SWTOR is a bit over 3 hours online. In early game access that is.
Already the forums, twitter, FB etc is exploding with nerds raging

What I watch is a carefull ramping up of access to the game. By the hour you will see the severs filling up. It seems to me that BW/EA is in full control.

I patiently await my play button to become active.

For now... the raging is rather amusing.

IIRC official launch is Dec 20. I will be in earlier, but not today.

CYall I hope that all who threaten to cancel subs actually do so.

seanisawake
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #948
Excellent post! Great Customer Service already! GG Bioware.

Spleenzorio
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #949
I pre-ordered from the store July 22nd, but of course they didn't get the codes until August 5th. And what's this I hear about Collector's Editions not even getting early access?

LeeSlade
12.13.2011 , 09:22 AM | #950
well its getting to late afternoon now in uk and no european servers up. Never mind!!!