Play through as Count Dooku

spindalos

Count Dooku

I want to make a complete play through including all the expansions where you become the alliance commander a little like he lead the droid armies in the films what class suits Him the best and would it make more sense being a republic character first and then changing through the story

However I don’t believe that you can change classes if you switch so that might mean no force lightning however I am open to suggestions

Thank you

Sith Sorcerer gets a curved-hilt lightsaber through the class story so there's that.

Arguably the Jedi Sage's idealistic diplomacy class story and then falling to the dark side and sabotaging the Republic in later expansions within the inside is closer to what Dooku's life was like. No force-lightning though. Unclear whether you'd get a chance to eventually directly reveal yourself.

Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior don't really seem to have stories that line up with his character.

Count Dooku

I want to make a complete play through including all the expansions where you become the alliance commander a little like he lead the droid armies in the films what class suits Him the best and would it make more sense being a republic character first and then changing through the story

However I don’t believe that you can change classes if you switch so that might mean no force lightning however I am open to suggestions

Thank you

Will never happen here’s why. According to KOTOR your about 4000 years before count Dukoo. Secondly SWTOR is based roughly at 3700 years Before Count Dukoo. So time makes a difference in this game especially with the whole lore and movies and canon of well SW.

Sith Sorcerer gets a curved-hilt lightsaber through the class story so there's that.

Arguably the Jedi Sage's idealistic diplomacy class story and then falling to the dark side and sabotaging the Republic in later expansions within the inside is closer to what Dooku's life was like. No force-lightning though. Unclear whether you'd get a chance to eventually directly reveal yourself.

Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior don't really seem to have stories that line up with his character.

What’s the lightsaber ability like for the sage and I know the sorcerer one is pretty poor from what I can tell and I would like the character to at least have ok saner stats

Will never happen here’s why. According to KOTOR your about 4000 years before count Dukoo. Secondly SWTOR is based roughly at 3700 years Before Count Dukoo. So time makes a difference in this game especially with the whole lore and movies and canon of well SW.

Edit I read your post apologies I suggest Dark Side Jedi, and find a RP guild best hopes for that

Yeah I know I’m know I’m not gonna get it exactly how I would like I was looking for ideas on how close I could get to a character somewhat similar to him from more experienced players

Yeah I know I’m know I’m not gonna get it exactly how I would like I was looking for ideas on how close I could get to a character somewhat similar to him from more experienced players

What I would do is build a story around your character. Make him start with basic Ideology and progress his personality this is what a lot of RP’rs do I think lol. Make him make his own decisions on missions and react to things as you are him. It is a lot like taking on his role like the actual Actor did in the movie. Once you do the develop the character with gear specifically around that ideology and just roll with it :)

Edit: as for class most likely a Sorcerer would give you the most gratification I think.

Edited by CKNORTH

What I would do is build a story around your character. Make him start with basic Ideology and progress his personality this is what a lot of RP’rs do I think lol. Make him make his own decisions on missions and react to things as you are him. It is a lot like taking on his role like the actual Actor did in the movie. Once you do the develop the character with gear specifically around that ideology and just roll with it :)

Edit: as for class most likely a Sorcerer would give you the most gratification I think.

Think I’m going with a Jedi guardian I spoke with a mate who played the game a fair bit he said that the expansions where you take the eternal throne is where you actually sort of turn bad however he said the Jedi guardian class is probably more suited in combat anyway and as I play and get to that point later I can decide to be bad once I get the alliance at this point if I understood him right

Edited by spindalos

Think I’m going with a Jedi guardian I spoke with a mate who played the game a fair bit he said that the expansions where you take the eternal throne is where you actually sort of turn bad however he said the Jedi guardian class is probably more suited in combat anyway and as I play and get to that point later I can decide to be bad once I get the alliance at this point if I understood him right

That could be correct the one thing that makes me think of Dukoo however is the Force Lightning and the Inquisitor gets a ton of purple lightning. You could roll him on the corriban side and the story without spoilers would suit a fair young Jedi kidnapped for the roll of the sith

What’s the lightsaber ability like for the sage and I know the sorcerer one is pretty poor from what I can tell and I would like the character to at least have ok saner stats

Sage's don't use lightsaber combat pretty much at all, they use force abilities. Shadow(also Consular) is more focused on using a lightsaber, but their weapon is a dual-saber like Darth Maul. Cosmetically if you want a curved-hilt lightsaber, to be a Jedi, and to be hitting things with it, you'd need to play Jedi Guardian.

Sentinel and Juggernaut (both Jedi Knight) are saber focused and pretty much don't use force abilities. The Jedi Knight's pre-expansion story focuses on defeating the Sith Emperor, and since a lot of expansion content even up to recent updates focused on doing that, he's got strong chosen one/main protagonist vibes. Both the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior tend to overcome their difficulties with pure strength/talent. Consular is a diplomat, Inquisitor focuses on strange secrets/powers of the dark side as well as playing a more conventional role in the Sith hierarchy.

After the class stories end(and you get into expansions) most of the differences narrow substantially.

Inquisitor focuses on strange secrets/powers of the dark side as well as playing a more conventional role in the Sith hierarchy.

After the class stories end(and you get into expansions) most of the differences narrow substantially.

This is why I suggested it. Just because you have the ability to use lightning does not mean he has to. It’s possible to go through this story till 50 as melee ability’s also to note he was second in the sith Hierarchy which means dark side powers would become prevalent as he discovers he is more powerful and as the expansions progressed he would solidify his position as such. But there are more than one way to slice an apple so to each there own I suppose. :)