Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Open tap? Tap to faction?

Herbertllew's Avatar


Herbertllew
10.18.2021 , 03:36 PM | #1
Forgive me if this is a question people have belabored already but:

Is there any possibility SWTOR could adopt an open mob tapping system or at least a tap-to-faction system? Competing for mob spawns is just no fun.

xordevoreaux's Avatar


xordevoreaux
10.18.2021 , 04:07 PM | #2
I agree standing in line for mob respawns is no fun. With this many people on (at least the North American servers, can't speak to the EU servers) chances are good that you can flip maps. The map might not be any less crowded than the one you left, but there's a chance no one's camping the mobs you need.
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

JediQuaker's Avatar


JediQuaker
10.19.2021 , 07:18 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Herbertllew View Post
Is there any possibility SWTOR could adopt an open mob tapping system or at least a tap-to-faction system? Competing for mob spawns is just no fun.
Is there a possibility you might explain what "mob tapping" and "tap-to-faction" means? 🙂
(Preferably without the use of more jargon. 🤔 )
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Herbertllew's Avatar


Herbertllew
10.24.2021 , 06:43 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Is there a possibility you might explain what "mob tapping" and "tap-to-faction" means? 🙂
(Preferably without the use of more jargon. 🤔 )
Sure.

"Open tap" means that anyone can receive credit and loot from attacking an enemy, regardless of whether they're the first to attack it.

"Tap to faction" is a similar idea, but restricts credit for killing a mob to people of the same faction as the first player to attack it.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
10.24.2021 , 07:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Herbertllew View Post
"Tap to faction" is a similar idea, but restricts credit for killing a mob to people of the same faction as the first player to attack it.
And therefore "tap to faction" is a bad idea, since needed-for-a-mission mobs should not be able to be locked to the opposite faction where there is no mission that uses those mobs.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Herbertllew's Avatar


Herbertllew
10.24.2021 , 12:06 PM | #6
Sure, but the game currently functions this way anyway. The first player to tap a mob has ownership of it.

Pirana's Avatar


Pirana
10.24.2021 , 01:20 PM | #7
When I read open tap, discussing a game certainly wasn't a thought... nonetheless.

Shared kills should've been implemented from the get-go in this game, other than maybe world bosses or something that actually requires a group.

At this juncture in the game's lifespan, I don't see them changing something as trivial as this, when you can easily switch maps if applicable, or just wait it out.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Herbertllew's Avatar


Herbertllew
10.31.2021 , 01:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Pirana View Post
When I read open tap, discussing a game certainly wasn't a thought... nonetheless.

Shared kills should've been implemented from the get-go in this game, other than maybe world bosses or something that actually requires a group.

At this juncture in the game's lifespan, I don't see them changing something as trivial as this, when you can easily switch maps if applicable, or just wait it out.
Hey! They did it though! Kudos to the devs! Tap to faction coming in 7.0.