Option to show companion affection gains

DarthManiku

For people like me who do a lot of crafting, companion affection matters, and one of the best ways to gain affection is through the dialog wheel. Knowing this I tend to hit escape a bunch of times during cinematics trying to maximize my points gained, which is a tedious task. What I’m proposing is an optional feature you could turn on in the preferences, that when enabled would show affection gains in much the same way lightside/darkside points are able to be shown today.

Now some of you might be saying right now, “you cant do that, it'd ruin the whole thing” but I disagree. Since the feature would be optional (a.k.a toggled off until the player chooses otherwise) those of you who would rather be surprised by your companion's reaction still can be. Those who don't want to feel like they have to choose an option simply because of the points, and would rather pick the option they want, will still be able to do so, by leaving the feature off.

As things are now, I waste a lot of time trying to maximize my affection with my companions by hitting escape till I find the best answers, and this feature would help eliminate that for me.

TLDR: I want a menu option to show companion affection gains on the dialog wheel

• 4 years later...
I`d like that to because i also spend alot off time hitting "esc" until i find the option that give me most inflyence with the companion i`m talking to. So having an option in the meny to show companion gain would make my day :D

• 4 years later...
For people like me who do a lot of crafting, companion affection matters, and one of the best ways to gain affection is through the dialog wheel. Knowing this I tend to hit escape a bunch of times during cinematics trying to maximize my points gained, which is a tedious task. What I’m proposing is an optional feature you could turn on in the preferences, that when enabled would show affection gains in much the same way lightside/darkside points are able to be shown today.

Now some of you might be saying right now, “you cant do that, it'd ruin the whole thing” but I disagree. Since the feature would be optional (a.k.a toggled off until the player chooses otherwise) those of you who would rather be surprised by your companion's reaction still can be. Those who don't want to feel like they have to choose an option simply because of the points, and would rather pick the option they want, will still be able to do so, by leaving the feature off.

As things are now, I waste a lot of time trying to maximize my affection with my companions by hitting escape till I find the best answers, and this feature would help eliminate that for me.

TLDR: I want a menu option to show companion affection gains on the dialog wheel

sorry for the necro, but i was just thinking about this exact same thing today and this guy explained it perfectly. this really should be a thing. lvling a new juggernaut currently and i would have done the story already if i didnt have to hit esc 20 times in each convo to get the right choice and thus waste a lot of time.