Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Innocentone
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #2781
Quote: Originally Posted by phagerx View Post
I've lost all faith in BioWare.. they've slit up the waves into minuscule numbers..
Starting to have doubts as well.

MONkTheWise
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #2782
Just sent out next wave of emails wave 371

Valgarg
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #2783
ROFLMAO
Cracks me up to see that some have taken the day off work in anticipation of "Maybe" getting early access.
Oh I am going to quit my job because I "May" win the lottery. lol
BTW all of these posts are loading the servers down and it will now take longer for the next wave to release.

blackhumbug
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #2784
Quote: Originally Posted by KittyPrawn View Post
You have to figure in a couple things... Millions of pre-orders, which I will presume at least half of them used their early access code.

Not everyone is sitting at home staring at the launcher or staring at their email. Many people who are waiting for early access are at work and unable to log in at this time.

If they are checking for server stability, they have to realize that if they send out, say 250,000 invites today. Maybe half (and I'm being generous) are logging in immediately. They have to give time for the other half to log in later.

If they keep piling on waves without a larger number of those granted early access logging in, they could end up facing what they're trying to avoid.

you are correct of course, but that shouldnt have stopped them from at least giving an approximation of when to expect an invite email.

either by date (july gets first day, first half of august 2nd day, etc.)

or by actual order of key redemption (50k first day AM, 50k first dayPM and so on)

of course worded as such so they can not be held to it too tightly, but some idea would have been nice.
whats inside?

sybaf
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #2785
I preordered on days one but game.co.uk didn't send me my early access code until last week when I phoned them to complain. They said something about them changing the system and the people on the old system getting missed out.

I'm guessing my early game access will be about 5 minutes before general launch.

marsm
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #2786
Quote: Originally Posted by VashOnHash View Post
I don't mind the whole wave thing these guys are doing, but only 4 waves/day?! I understand most people like myself took the day off in order to play the long awaited game and now we find out not only was that dumb but now we have to wait even longer?! So dumb Bioware...
Not really Bioware's fault you don't read and understand what you read :/ Nobody ever said you would be playing TODAY. There's a chance i grant but really it was dumb of you to take the day off. :/

Taekahn
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #2787
I know why they couldn't give a schedule in advance. They hired bill O'Reilly to schedule the wave. Sadly, he got upset at the tools they gave him to do it. He was quoted as saying:

This F'ing thing sucks! WE'LL DO IT LIVE. I'LL WRITE IT AND WE'LL DO IT LIVE!

jwissink
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #2788
Word!

Hamrammur
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #2789
I sense disturbance in the force, there is much hate and grief!

Like some one said Grown up men and women crying over not being able to access a GAME right away! This is a disgraceful behavior.

Seriously can I offer you all some cheese with all that whine ?

Sath_Wishes
12.13.2011 , 10:49 AM | #2790
Quote: Originally Posted by Dandune View Post
Staggered launch is good for handling initial flood of players. But each "wave" every few hours and only 4 waves today doesn't seem right. Remember, early access is part of the promotinal offer, not a testing time. When new waves come out tommorow there will be people logging in from today and tommorow.. and so on for every next day. Eventually it will be just like after launch, everyone will be logging in/out.

I would understand 50k-100k per wave every hour, that is staggered launch.
4 waves today is just a specific selection, not a staggered preorder release.
Quoted for Wisdom, big Wookie up there.