Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel a little sorry for Bioware... For needing to take this kind of crap from impatient brats. "We need to know!" As they've explained they can't give you a specific time since tehy're trying to get it done as fast as possible, but still wants to keep it stable...

Image the kind of crap they'd get if they gave you a time, but then encountered some kind of complications with servers of what not and you didn't get in on the earlier said time? I'm guessing that would result in some peeps heads blowing up....

Be patient and appriciate the possibility to get pre access at all!

Purchased: 08/06

Redeemed: 08/07.

No email yet. :(

(didn't redeem on the 6th since I didn't realize, saw a post on a forum that you had to redeem your code as well... derp, I thought that code they gave me was the code for the game and that the Activation was automatic :()

Edited by Thannate

The whining here is amusing. It clearly stated you got up to 5 days of head start.

Go ahead, read that again. Up to 5 days, get it? It never stated you would get 5 days, it said UP TO.

And now they even began early, giving you up to 7 days. And yet, you whine.

Seriously, this is what you sound like

ugg, completely forgot to enter in code when i bought it, instead I waited until about 2 weeks ago.

/facepalm

Thats ok they are going up the list not down by the looks of it. Those who redeemed their codes in July are getting in latter than those who did so in December/November.

Remember that a lot of the invited players aren't playing yet because they're at work, school, etc. No surprise if they're only doing four waves if those waves encompass a massive amount of people who haven't yet logged in.

After 5 PM EST they'll get a much better idea of what their servers can handle.

Well then explain to me why people who have Preordered today have got in to the game instantly please?

Because you fell for the oldest Troll maneuver in the book.

Bio has been VERY clear on how this was going to happen, They are still working on day one and day two early access folks.

Have a beer, take a tranquilizer and read the forums .

The forums can be more entertaining than the actual game.

Like right now, the manboy tantrums are hilarious.

What we have here, is a failure to communicate!!

I think a lot of people honestly misunderstand what Early Access REALLY means. Allow me to enlighten you a bit about it.

Early Access = A term used by any game developer/publisher/distributor to control the flow of traffic to said game. Most of you people think that early access is a gift. There is "some" truth to that. However, in fact early access is the companies way of handling all the customers how they see fit without us having any ability for legitimate recourse.

Name one MMO out there that had hundreds of thousands of pre sales to their game that didn't have an early access. They do it as a sales pitch but that isn't the real reason. Early Access allows them to do as they see fit for the launch of their game without you being able to take legal action to false advertisement.

They can't do this on the 20th. They would have a class action lawsuit on their hands. So by offering to us Early Access as a "gift," then they can run it how they see fit.

Now in knowing this, I don't have a problem or complaint about money or anything else. My only issue is with the way they have decided to go about it. Doing the launch (even though it isn't the official launch) in this matter hurts ALL of the people that showed loyalty by pre purchasing.

1. People have taken time off of work and sacrificing other things to be apart of the early access.

2. People may not be able to get the name they wanted now.

3. MMO's are supposed to be about community and grouping but your actually separating them like this which is a big part of a new game.

Anyway, like everyone else this is just my opinion on the matter. I really feel you have failed me greatly BW. I honestly would not have pre purchased if I knew early access was going to be ran like this.

Regardless, I am going to go back to bed and hope when I wake up the e-mail will be there. Thanks for getting my hopes up and letting me down. This is the first time for you BW... however it is a big one.