Launcher keeps freezing up at Installing Main Assets 353 7%

Saregon

And I mean literally freezing up, clicking the X to close it does nothing, I keep having to kill it in Task Manager and starting again. I had 0 of the launcher issues others were experiencing recently, and now I get this **** today... why did you release this mess BW?

• 2 months later...

Looks like nobody encountering this problem has gotten around it? I'm returning after a long absence, and of course needed a lot of game updates. I was stuck at the same spot (main assets 353) and got to the point of doing a full reinstall to make sure I had the latest launcher and nothing old that may trip things up. Now I get stuck at 'main assets 357' instead. It downloads about 32GB of files and then freezes at various points of installing 357. Sometimes it just freezes, other times it just fails and says I need to do a repair. If I do a repair, it goes back to installing, and then freezes again at various stages.

Has anyone solved this? I'm starting to think the game is just unplayable now, and may just want to stop paying for it and uninstall.

could be running out of free hard drive space if stopping on the exact same spot every time or the antivirus/firewall could be blocking

Good suggestions, however it doesn't stop at the exact same spot every time. The drive capacity where the game is installed has multiple TB of free space. And I did double-check firewall settings (and even did the unsafe practice of trying it with firewall disabled). Unfortunately, I get the same results in each case.