Legacy Unlock: Class Titles

Ylliarus

This specific feature of the Legacy Unlocks system would target the characters who have skipped the class stories - either through the Cartel Market token or by accepting the appropriate missions on their ship terminal - specifically. However, this feature would only be available to players who have finished the respective class stories at least once before, through an achievement restriction. So, the idea would be as following:

In the Legacy Unlocks there would be 8 new buttons, namely one for each of the 8 overarching classes we have ingame, namely Jedi Knight, Imperial Agent, Sith Inquisitor and so on. Each button would be restricted, first of all to the class that they give the titles for. So, only a Smuggler can get the Smuggler titles. Only a Jedi Consular can get the Jedi Consular titles. Then, the second restriction would be the achievement you get for completing chapter 3 of each respective class story. So, for example, the Sith Warrior button would require to have completed the last mission of chapter 3 which finished the class story. If a player has that specific achievement, they can unlock the class titles for another Sith Warrior toon that skipped the class stories. However, if a player doesn't have that achievement for the Sith Warrior class story, they can't unlock the button to reclaim the class titles for another Sith Warrior toon that skipped the class stories. The same would apply for each respective class of course.

This way the system can ensure that the class stories have to be earned at least once before, in order to have them be more easily reclaimable on other toons. After all, if we unlock an outfit in Collections once already, we want to have it be readily available on all other toons as well, no? A system like this would ensure the same for class titles, which in a sense are mostly vanity displays as well. The Lord or Darth title doesn't give any special edge over any other player, plus, how can another player tell if the nameplate carrying a class title had earned the title or unlocked it? They can't, so it doesn't create any imbalance either in game mechanics or perceptually. It would simply be a QoL improvement for players who have completed the class stories numerous times before but would still like to have the titles on toons that skipped the story. Because as it stands, toons that skipped the class stories do not have the ability to go back and still earn the class titles. This way, they'd have an alternative method to still gt access to them.

Employing a system like the one described here would be fair, in my opinion.

Edited by Ylliarus

I tweeted the thread at Charles Boyd and got a reply on the subject! :D

This is his response:

In other words, hopefully this will be a feature in the (near) future :)

No. In other words, he'll pass on the idea to the people in charge of deciding to include or not include features.

That's a good thing, but whether it gets included is anybody's guess. I mean, sure, he's Charles Boyd, head storywriter blah blah blah, and not the cleaner's precocious nephew, so his word carries some weight there, but you shouldn't get your hopes up *too* much.

That said, the basis you outlined *is* reasonable, unlike the normal "Waaah! I want my class title without actually playing the story!" threads we've seen in the past (er, ever since 4.0 was released). +1 from my side.

No. In other words, he'll pass on the idea to the people in charge of deciding to include or not include features.

That's a good thing, but whether it gets included is anybody's guess. I mean, sure, he's Charles Boyd, head storywriter blah blah blah, and not the cleaner's precocious nephew, so his word carries some weight there, but you shouldn't get your hopes up *too* much.

Ahem...

Surely this is indication enough that it's my hope this will be included in the future, not that I believe it will appear in the game without a single doubt :p I get the feeling people on these forums enjoy trying to shoot down other people's hopes a little too much, but maybe that's just me xD

That said, the basis you outlined *is* reasonable, unlike the normal "Waaah! I want my class title without actually playing the story!" threads we've seen in the past (er, ever since 4.0 was released). +1 from my side.

Of course! I don't see why someone should be able to have easy access to something they haven't earned at least once before. The idea is targeting the players who have played the class stories multiple times in the past and want to create a new character without having to go through all that again, but who would still like to have the titles for vanity purposes. Or for roleplaying purposes, I know enough roleplayers who create NPCs for guild plots/arcs and who would want to use the titles to further the immersion of the RP they create.

we can hope, or it might just be a polite brush off :(

Having interacted with Charles Boyd several times before on Twitter, I highly doubt it is a polite brush off ;) when Mr. Boyd says he will pass it along to the team, I believe that is exactly what he'll do! He's a great guy like that :)

Edited by Ylliarus

A feature like this would especially make sense now that we have the option to regain all our previous titles and holdings with the choice in Onslaught. If for example a Sith Inquisitor rejoins the Sith Empire, they are made Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius once more (albeit my Inquisitors never stopped being that but details) and a Sith Warrior becomes the Empire's Wrath yet again. Edited by Ylliarus

Having interacted with Charles Boyd several times before on Twitter, I highly doubt it is a polite brush off ;) when Mr. Boyd says he will pass it along to the team, I believe that is exactly what he'll do! He's a great guy like that :)

That's always good to know, haven't dealt with the gentlman myself. I guess it'll all be in the devs hands, would be cool though, not that i have many that skipped...lol, just the 2 freebies, byt it would be nice to get their titles.

That's always good to know, haven't dealt with the gentlman myself. I guess it'll all be in the devs hands, would be cool though, not that i have many that skipped...lol, just the 2 freebies, byt it would be nice to get their titles.

It's primarily for vanity, but the titles make the characters and toons feel more complete. This would be one way to pretty up their nameplates with their class specific titles :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It would be awesome if a dev could respond to this idea, to say whether this is something that is on the near-future schedule or whether they have an ETA on this :D

I know devs rarely respond to threads in this section, which is a huge pity. But nonetheless, it would be nice to know if this is something we could see in the hopefully near-future!

Just replying to say please add this.

It is my hope that more people will speak out their support for this idea. The more people reply to this, the more likely it is it will remind the devs this would be a desirable QoL improvement in the game :)

It would be awesome if a dev could respond to this idea, to say whether this is something that is on the near-future schedule or whether they have an ETA on this :D

I know devs rarely respond to threads in this section, which is a huge pity. But nonetheless, it would be nice to know if this is something we could see in the hopefully near-future!

They never respond to the suggestion box as it might appear they favour one idea or poster over another :(

Best hope is that contacting charles on twitter works, and he chats to them, or they actually see this.

Still giving this a plus 1 :)

Edited by DarkTergon

They never respond to the suggestion box as it might appear they favour one idea or poster over another :(

Fair enough, makes sense. Still wish they would but I understand why they don't.

Best hope is that contacting charles on twitter works, and he chats to them, or they actually see this.

Charles Boyd actually did respond to this idea on Twitter some while back. I believe I put his Tweet somewhere earlier in this thread, let me see if I can find it for you:

I tweeted the thread at Charles Boyd and got a reply on the subject! :D

This is his response:

Here you go! :D

Nice idea. Though you get class specific titles from other expansions as well. Like SOR. Certainly wouldn't mind getting those, I skip that expac pretty much on every toon now.

I think they definitely also count as class specific titles. Each class receives a different title, such as a Warrior gets "Empire's Wrath" and an Inquisitor gets "Dark Council Elite". I'd say those should fall under any sort of Legacy unlock as well.

Though you get class specific titles from other expansions as well.

Do KotFE or KotET grant any class specific titles? I tend to skip them as I really can't stand the Zakuul story and move to Iokath right after Ziost. If I recall from back when I played them, neither Fallen Empire or Eternal Throne gives any class specific titles, no?

Do KotFE or KotET grant any class specific titles? I tend to skip them as I really can't stand the Zakuul story and move to Iokath right after Ziost. If I recall from back when I played them, neither Fallen Empire or Eternal Throne gives any class specific titles, no?

afaik, class specific content mostly died with the end of chapter 3. From Ilum on, its all homogenized to be 'one story fits all classes' content. The only divergences are smaller bit scenes /interactions here and there as classes trip over former companions along the way*, and a couple spots where certain classes are invited to rejoin their factions class specific former position (but I have not seen that class position selection to be overly impacting on story, yet).

*Bounty Hunter /Warrior Spoiler:

Though, I will admit, the opportunity to shove Skage and Quinn out the airlock and tell him to walk home was immensely satisfying.

Edited by Kaveat

afaik, class specific content mostly died with the end of chapter 3. From Ilum on, its all homogenized to be 'one story fits all classes' content. The only divergences are smaller bit scenes /interactions here and there as classes trip over former companions along the way*, and a couple spots where certain classes are invited to rejoin their factions class specific former position (but I have not seen that class position selection to be overly impacting on story, yet).

*Bounty Hunter /Warrior Spoiler:

Though, I will admit, the opportunity to shove Skage and Quinn out the airlock and tell him to walk home was immensely satisfying.

Yeah, that has been my experience as well. So, that would mean that my initial thought that there are no class specific titles given with KotFE and KotET is correct.

In RotHC and SoR there were still some class specific mentions or things. Maybe not as much in the Makeb expansion, but most definitely in SoR. You get to do those small class specific missions and truly, I love and enjoy them. It is such a pity they didn't implement a similar system in later story content, just small missions in between that focus specifically on the classes. Albeit that sidetracks the topic of this thread a bit xD

I still think that the end of Onslaught - especially if you rejoin your original factions - would be an excellent point to add in some sort of Legacy unlock for class titles, for characters that skipped the class stories but have the achievements for having completed them at least once before. It makes a lot of sense to get the titles back at that point if you don't have them yet on that toon. The Sith Inquisitor becomes Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius again, the Warrior assumes the role of the Empire's Wrath, etc. etc. It would make a lot of sense that way!

• 3 weeks later...

I always find it a pity the devs didn't add this feature in with Onslaught, as it would have been the perfect opportunity, if you chose to rejoin your faction. That's the point in the story where you get all your old and previous roles and titles back within your faction. It would have been the perfect spot for characters that skipped the story to get the opportunity to get the titles for their class (of course under the condition they completed that class sgory at least once before).

It would be perhaps a lot to ask, but I think it could be something that could be added in retroactively into Onslaught's story.

• 2 weeks later...