Need Basic Skills back for Jedi, Can't make Final Judgement Yet..

MandFlurry

Okay, for Guardian, our Saber throw is what makes a Jedi Jedi!!! Without that, Your Not much of one. So the bonehead that came up with that dumb idea should probably be fired. I wouldn't an Idiot enough to try to do such a thing in this game, but someone else was.

We have to have Enure and Saber throw together as a Balance against other Classes because we have Players in Pvp, that can just Kite us til' were dead. Saber is the Only thing we got except for a skill for we can run fast and do nothing. Enure, again, is Needed for things PvE and PvP. For Pvp, a lot of other classes can have up to 3 Heals, where We would have None. To Truly Balance All Classes Take Away All Roots, Snares, and Stuns in Pvp only, and We will have more Balance, along with each class having just 1 Heal, Except healers.

For Sentinels, i was just playing my Watchman, and doing an Onderon Quest, and did okay in damage, and taking out the enemy, though Force Clarity should be there? I don't mind some skills for Classes being rolled into one, as long as we have them. We should have things simpler to use, But, not at the cost of losing ones We Need.Also, Awe shouldn't be missing Unless other Classes will be losing their stuns.

Pvp, is about the Only thing I ever play, so If I can't Pvp. I have No reason to play, and no one was around to Pvp with.

We can't makes final judgement, til' you guys put in the New Passives and Utilities we can choose from. Removing Saber thrown and Enure, not being able to have both Is stupid and dumb though.

Edited by MandFlurry

Utilities as we know them from classic to onslaught are gone as we know them being reworked into the new system a bit differently. Some of the utilities are implemented into the classes themselves some are implemented into the trees going forward. In many ways the path of choosing whenever we get to actually choose the abilities/passives are the new Utility system. Its merging trees and utilities into 1.

As for final thoughts we may not be able to actually formulate them until they get stuff implemented for later PTS patches and probably launch of the expansion as whole. There is both good and bad aspects to this. What I have seen it seems like they need to create some new sets for gear going forward as viable options in place of gear that is already in the game. We are almost certainly not going get fresh new gear completely, as onslaught was basically trying to set the game up with new set bonus gear and the additions of tacticals we will probably be in these sets for a long time. Does not mean they cannot add more options for the neglected specs going forward, like concentration and watchman their alternatives to descent of the fearless if they go away from force clarity needs to be improved. Combat will be able to choose from Descent of the Fearless, Nimble Master, Perfect Form. Watchman will have basically Descent of the fearless or stationary grit depending on their paths they choose in their trees for burns if they choose to go away from DotF than the only current viable option is stationary grit. Concentration right now only has Descent of the fearless and thats about it, sure it could use stationary grit but right now DotF is their only real option.

It is going to be a lot of the same with classes that are not implemented into the PTS with these new changes.

Utilities as we know them from classic to onslaught are gone as we know them being reworked into the new system a bit differently. Some of the utilities are implemented into the classes themselves some are implemented into the trees going forward. In many ways the path of choosing whenever we get to actually choose the abilities/passives are the new Utility system. Its merging trees and utilities into 1.

As for final thoughts we may not be able to actually formulate them until they get stuff implemented for later PTS patches and probably launch of the expansion as whole. There is both good and bad aspects to this. What I have seen it seems like they need to create some new sets for gear going forward as viable options in place of gear that is already in the game. We are almost certainly not going get fresh new gear completely, as onslaught was basically trying to set the game up with new set bonus gear and the additions of tacticals we will probably be in these sets for a long time. Does not mean they cannot add more options for the neglected specs going forward, like concentration and watchman their alternatives to descent of the fearless if they go away from force clarity needs to be improved. Combat will be able to choose from Descent of the Fearless, Nimble Master, Perfect Form. Watchman will have basically Descent of the fearless or stationary grit depending on their paths they choose in their trees for burns if they choose to go away from DotF than the only current viable option is stationary grit. Concentration right now only has Descent of the fearless and thats about it, sure it could use stationary grit but right now DotF is their only real option.

It is going to be a lot of the same with classes that are not implemented into the PTS with these new changes.

One slight correction. Utilities were not in the classic game at launch. They came into swtor during the Revan expansion 3.0 when they got rid of the class tree's.

One slight correction. Utilities were not in the classic game at launch. They came into swtor during the Revan expansion 3.0 when they got rid of the class tree's.

They are the same thing just with a different name, in the old trees you could choose passives and some of them had the same effect and even shared the same icons with current utilities.

They are the same thing just with a different name, in the old trees you could choose passives and some of them had the same effect and even shared the same icons with current utilities.

If utilities are the same thing as choosing some passives in the skill tree, then the 3-choices system is again basically the same thing. Many of them even share the same or similar effects as current utilities. Of course it's different, just as utilities were very different from the original skill tree system. Many utilities were spec specific in the skill tree system, because they were too high up the tree for other specs to get to them. Similarly some of the lower level choices that other specs could pick up, were moved into the discipline path and made unavailable to other specs.

Do you think the devs are going to do different pruning for pvp and nim? Because all of these dcd's and excessive buttons are unnecessary for hm and sm operations. 2 hit kills don't help anyone learn their rotation, whereas pvp is a more complex environment. I also can't imagine reworking all nim operations to account for fewer dcd's. Imagine the number of dev hours put into such an endeavor.

Again, I'm coming from a "game is too easy" standpoint, thus some of these buttons are unnecessary, particularly cyclone slash + freezing force. Get rid of cyclone slash -- it's garbage except for combat sentinels.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller