Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

I'm sorry, this announcement doesn't clear anything up at all.

I was hoping to get an announcement about WHEN I would get early access so I could plan my work week around it. I know when I pre-ordered, and I realize that probably means I won't get early access until sometime around the 17th or later, I'm ok with that. I just would like to know WHEN I am currently slated. Under promise and over deliver. Tell me I"m not getting early access until the 19th and then send me my early access invitation on the 17th and I'll be thrilled. Wait to tell me I've got early access until the 17th at 2:00 pm and I'm not happy because you've had me sitting on pins and needles waiting to find out when I'll get in all week.

Just a suggestion as relates to Customer Service for you.

quoting for truth.

unfortunately i shifted my work schedule under the assumption that this would be like every other early access in the history of early access. instead we're doing server load testing still.

none of this has anything to do with notifying people when they can expect to start. Right now we're in the dark to the point that we can only be certain that we will be playing at launch, while I'm sure you'll count an hour of early access as *trollface* early access, it is impossible to plan for that.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yes and no.... i didnt count digital. or EU, ETC// this is just physical usa.. and with digital, and other countries included I dont see it surpassing the amount that the game can hold. does digital sales always double or triple the amount of physical? or maybe 10x? even so theres plenty of room, and the first 2 days of people should be playing IMO.. yeah IMO>..not fact,

Yes they do. Want proof? Rift had 59,000 physical pre-orders at launch according to VGchartz. According to Rift they had around 600,000-700,000 players during early access.

got a question here: i've got the two dates in my account info (which many of you posted before), however when i look at my account, i got this screenshot....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/36/starwarss.png/

I'm pretty sure i redeemed my code, anyone else got the same?

Mine looks the same, and I redeemed my pre-order code. That page you linked says at the top that the steps on that page are NOT necessary for Early Game Access. You only need to register a "Product Registration Code" by December 20, the official release date.

Why can't you tell us how many people have been released into early access and what date you are up to? I really don't see what that information could possibly hurt, plus it would give everyone a better idea where they potentially stood.

They will say because "we have no firm data on how many are potentially going to get in the first day however as we have previously stated a "narrow band" of dates will be granted EGA on day one." so kind of their way of getting off the hook is they do not want to further exasperate the situation by releasing information that could lead to unfounded expectations on customers part. I say I expected what you advertised. I would of had to go research to find out it was staggered...I merely pre-ordered in Sept. and there was nothing during pre-order process that said staggered access...so get it right you are making people really angry and unhappy and the game has not even been launched.:mad:

I feel sorry for Bioware. They could have let every one in at once, but of course it would be like every other mmo launch and there would be server crashes and wait times. Of course, every one would then flock to the forums to cry about how cowardly and pathetic Bioware is and what a terrible launch this was.

Then we have staggered launch, where people complain when they haven't been let in - either way, they can't win.

Oh well, I'll grab my popcorn and continue to enjoy all the nerd rage. Good luck to us all :cool:

Yeah right, because on the 20th they will let normal customers in with waves so they can smooth that out too...oh wait no they can't do that...

I would have preferred everyone in at the same time + crashes during early access (acceptable) rather than "smooth" early access (with a lot of pissed off people) + everyone in on the 20th -> server crashes on release day (unacceptable and a lot more pissed off people).

To top it off if they can handle server load on the 20th they can now aswell, so there is really no point in these "waves"

quoting for truth.

unfortunately i shifted my work schedule under the assumption that this would be like every other early access in the history of early access. instead we're doing server load testing still.

none of this has anything to do with notifying people when they can expect to start. Right now we're in the dark to the point that we can only be certain that we will be playing at launch, while I'm sure you'll count an hour of early access as *trollface* early access, it is impossible to plan for that.

EA was CLEARLY laid out as staggered. Your time will come.

I pre-ordered mine form Game Stop and came home and immediately put in my pre-order code from the reciept. It worked fine imediately after purchase. With all the problems people have been having with Origin, I am certainly glad I decided against it.

As an official member of the newly created passive aggresive early access committee let me be the first to welcome you all. I know you all have questions about when you will gain early access. Let me ease you concerns by letting you know that you'll be in sometime between now and never. Keep hittin those refresh keys though cause you never know.

Love ya guys!

no theyre not. check server status. eu servers not available

Read the server list a bit more carefully, the european servers are mixed into the US server list. eg...Frostclaw is a European PvE server and its listed under US. They just havent separated the two regions yet.