Solo player here, what happens in the Iokath operations anyways?

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Basically, it reveals that 'The Old Gods' of Zakuul were alien robots built as superweapons...

Which actually teases the discovery during "The Nathema Conspiracy" that the 'Gravestone' is really part of the only 'Old God' that didn't appear in the "Gods From The Machine" arc; Zildrog. "Nathema Conspiracy" basically imples that Tenebrae found Zildrog/Gravestone, took the personality system and took it to Nathema to play a role in the Nathema Ritual, the strange room on the Gravestone that we find Senya in at one point turning out to be the room that had previously held Zildrog's core...

The Scions from Zakuul send you to fight giant robots. You then go and fight these giant robots. After the fourth giant robot is defeated she uploads herself into one of the Gemini droids and helps you defeat the last giant moth robot.

Lol.

This is actually exactly what happens.

Basically, it reveals that 'The Old Gods' of Zakuul were alien robots built as superweapons...

Which actually teases the discovery during "The Nathema Conspiracy" that the 'Gravestone' is really part of the only 'Old God' that didn't appear in the "Gods From The Machine" arc; Zildrog. "Nathema Conspiracy" basically imples that Tenebrae found Zildrog/Gravestone, took the personality system and took it to Nathema to play a role in the Nathema Ritual, the strange room on the Gravestone that we find Senya in at one point turning out to be the room that had previously held Zildrog's core...

Ahhh. Good thorough explanation, thanks.

The Scions from Zakuul send you to fight giant robots. You then go and fight these giant robots. After the fourth giant robot is defeated she uploads herself into one of the Gemini droids and helps you defeat the last giant moth robot.

She meaning one of the Scions I guess? And then what? Like, how does it all end? Whats the final cutscene or whatever? Where do the other Scions go? I know they pop up again, dead, in the recent Emperor FP, but thats all

She meaning one of the Scions I guess? And then what? Like, how does it all end? Whats the final cutscene or whatever? Where do the other Scions go? I know they pop up again, dead, in the recent Emperor FP, but thats all

Sadly, with the story of the whole KOTET thing basically cut more than in half, the Scions, like Iokath are both pretty much being left aside and forgotten.

Even in the Gods operation, the story is kind of wacky.

Basically, you fought all the machine gods on your way, and somehow, after defeating the Mother Machine God Scyva and all her children, she for some reason decided to help you stop her husband, Izax, from completely wake up and kill the "mortals". There's no explanation or whatever to her change of heart except that, I guess, you are not as weak as she thought? Which is just... not very good writing. Tbh I don't even know what happened to her after the operations because she's not totally "dead" (she talked to you and controlled a gemini bot to help you in the final fight) but the operation just ends like that.

From what I've gathered, the war against Vaylin would have been longer, more involved, as 'Knights of The Eternal Throne'...

'Knights 3' (it never even got a name) would have been a more tied-together version of what we got as Iokath/Gods From The Machine, the "Crisis on Umbara", "Traitor Among The Chiss" and "Nathema Conspiracy" flashpoints. (And one of the differences in KOTET, I believe, is that the Horizon Guard guy that comes out of nowhere for 'Conspiracy' would have actually been seen, though possibly unnamed at the time, at points in a fuller Eternal Throne)

More recent things I've gathered indicate that, possibly, the scenes throughout the Onslaught expansion with Kira and Scourge, and the events of "Echos of Oblivion", might have actually even been intended for the grand finale of the Knights trilogy. We might never know for sure, though...

Out of curiosity, do we have details of what was cut exactly? what storylines would get more etc?

The KOTxx was supposed to be a Trilogy, from what I've gathered.

There were supposed to be more about Iokath, the machine gods, Zakuul, Valkorian, and all their connections and stuffs but because people didn't like it, they wrapped it up in a rush and went back to the ol' Imp vs Pub theme.

That goes to show that it wouldn't hurt to have a solo version of operations the same way that almost very flashpoint has a solo version.

I remember playing RIFT a long time ago and they came to implement a solo version of their available raids. Considering the focus of SWTOR on stories I never understood why it was not the case here.

The KOTxx was supposed to be a Trilogy, from what I've gathered.

There were supposed to be more about Iokath, the machine gods, Zakuul, Valkorian, and all their connections and stuffs but because people didn't like it, they wrapped it up in a rush and went back to the ol' Imp vs Pub theme.

I hated KOTFE and all that tbh and wanted to return to Rep vs Imp since it started. But I would have toughed it out another while to get the TRUE story finished rather than have this half done mess they left. I'll finish a bad movie rather than walk out halfway through without giving it it's full chance, I sat through Batman vs Superman after all...

I think they shoulda finished it, but simply INVOLVED the old factions to a greater degree. Cos they were GHOSTS the whole time basically aside from one chapter with Acina, that's what cheesed some people off bigtime. It was TOO much new and nothing familiar. It wouldn't have hurt the KOTxx stories to just involve the old factions more imo. Especially in the mid to end parts of the second expansion, have the Pubs stop being such cowards and join the fight too, three way war. And you don't need to ally with either if you wanted isolation.

I hated KOTFE and all that tbh and wanted to return to Rep vs Imp since it started. But I would have toughed it out another while to get the TRUE story finished rather than have this half done mess they left. I'll finish a bad movie rather than walk out halfway through without giving it it's full chance, I sat through Batman vs Superman after all...

I think they shoulda finished it, but simply INVOLVED the old factions to a greater degree. Cos they were GHOSTS the whole time basically aside from one chapter with Acina, that's what cheesed some people off bigtime. It was TOO much new and nothing familiar. It wouldn't have hurt the KOTxx stories to just involve the old factions more imo. Especially in the mid to end parts of the second expansion, have the Pubs stop being such cowards and join the fight too, three way war. And you don't need to ally with either if you wanted isolation.

My main problem with KOTxx is that it's a lazy One Story To Fit Them All format.

I like the idea of having a 3rd faction and the idea of a different take of Force using other than the usual Light=Good, Dark=Bad stuffs. I also like giant robots lol so yeah the Zakuul/Iokath world building is promising but the story is identical no matter what class you play, and I would even say the story is identical no matter which side (Dark vs Light, Empire vs Republic) you on. I was bored to death in my 2nd run, which is not a good thing.

Oh yeah, and I think the KOTxx writers really did the Republic dirty but that's my personal opinion.