Who Wants To Join Malgus?

Xina_LA

Did anyone else want to join Malgus during False Emperor?

Do you think we'll get a chance to ally with him if he starts a new faction, separate from Empire and Republic?

One of my Imp toons went with the story options that led to more aliens joining Imperial forces and gaining rank in the Empire, which is something Malgus had pushed for all along. Empress Acina has promoted less cutthroat Sith leadership techniques, which is also something Malgus wanted. It seems like the Empire has slowly realized that Malgus was right, even if they won't admit it.

I'd really like to see something come of that in the next chapters of the story.

What do you think will happen?

Nicht mir. Didn't want to join him then, thought he was dead later, he should've stayed dead.

Did you ever really play false emperor before the removal of the bombs that use to knock him off the bridge. If you did then you would know that like others who have fallen down shafts or whatever majority of them have indeed survived. Malgus was the callback to that. They removed the bombs i think when kotet was released it may have been Kotfe. He was never truly defeated. Even upon his return all he gets is a little banged up at best. If you watched the announcement of Onslaught from that celebration event they literally said 3 characters never die in star wars. Vitiate, Malgus and Revan. they really spoiled some returns during that announcement.

Did you ever really play false emperor before the removal of the bombs that use to knock him off the bridge. If you did then you would know that like others who have fallen down shafts or whatever majority of them have indeed survived. Malgus was the callback to that. They removed the bombs i think when kotet was released it may have been Kotfe. He was never truly defeated. Even upon his return all he gets is a little banged up at best. If you watched the announcement of Onslaught from that celebration event they literally said 3 characters never die in star wars. Vitiate, Malgus and Revan. they really spoiled some returns during that announcement.

Have I ever really played false emperor. hm. ask the rest of the forum goers how many toons I have and then you tell me.

Add Shatele SHan to that list.

Did anyone else want to join Malgus during False Emperor?

Do you think we'll get a chance to ally with him if he starts a new faction, separate from Empire and Republic?

One of my Imp toons went with the story options that led to more aliens joining Imperial forces and gaining rank in the Empire, which is something Malgus had pushed for all along. Empress Acina has promoted less cutthroat Sith leadership techniques, which is also something Malgus wanted. It seems like the Empire has slowly realized that Malgus was right, even if they won't admit it.

I'd really like to see something come of that in the next chapters of the story.

What do you think will happen?

On a few of my alts I would have joined Malgus given the option. I don't think this will be revisited though. I think (hope) Malgus is up to something else. If they have him go back to wanting to create an alternate empire again, that just shows a serious lack of imagination.

I had some light side Empire characters that may have joined him because he welcomed aliens as part of the Empire. Now, they wouldn't want to join him simply because they can't tell where he stands. They don't know enough about his motivations or intentions to make a decision. After being brought back to life and all the efforts to control him, he seems crazy or insane and probably needs to be stopped for good.

During the 'New Empire'/Ilum arc? Yeah, some of my characters might have been willing to side with him.

Now though? Not so much. The... draw... so to speak, of Malgus' 'New Empire' was that it broke free from the Empire's anti-alien, pro-Sith policies and instead leaned more towards a semi-meritocracy where each group contributed in the area of its best skills - Anomid engineers, Mandalorian warriors, and so forth.

Essentially, what Malgus envisioned, and erred in executing, is what the player character/Outlander/Commander can create with the Alliance. They would have no need to join Malgus over the possibility that he might be seeking what they already have...

join Malgus in what though? He's not leading an army, or an elite troop of mercs, he's just one guy in a shuttle (he even lost his med-droid lol). He's just looking for relics to wipe Acina's brainwashing from his mind, he isn't out making allies, building powerbases, making clone troopers. I might be inclined to help him in his quest to remove his brainwashing if he joined *me* (as a fulltime companion *cough*please BW*cough*), but give up what I have to go join him? I see no profit in it for me.

join Malgus in what though? He's not leading an army, or an elite troop of mercs, he's just one guy in a shuttle (he even lost his med-droid lol). He's just looking for relics to wipe Acina's brainwashing from his mind, he isn't out making allies, building powerbases, making clone troopers. I might be inclined to help him in his quest to remove his brainwashing if he joined *me* (as a fulltime companion *cough*please BW*cough*), but give up what I have to go join him? I see no profit in it for me.

Well said. I agree, Malgus as a companion would be quite interesting. However, as you so eloquently put it, I help him "de-Mountain", and well, what's in it for me?

Nope. Not a fan of Malgus. I want the opportunity to kill him and give me the opportunity for it to stick this time. Was finally able to kill the old Emperor and it stuck so want the same for Malgus.

Did it stick? Isn't that what we said the last 40 times. Wait for them to run out of ideas again... Lol

And to the OP, if you play this game as much as many of us do and you RP different personalities instead of just making the same old decisions on every single run, then of course, at LEAST one of our toons is gonna be the type who would want to ally with Malgus for one reason or the other. I can't imagine being boring enough to always do the same stuff

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Nicht mir. Didn't want to join him then, thought he was dead later, he should've stayed dead.

Yes he should have stayed dead. The reveal of his survival had me audibly groan while I rolled my eyes.

That said, I could imagine some imp characters of mine that would have joined him way back when, if such an option had been available.

My female Sith Warrior would join him. At first, she didn't mind Acina, but then after years, I finally found a group for the Dreadseed Heroic mission. After having completely forgotten what it was about, I randomly made the Dark Side decision toward the end, for which Acina wasn't happy about (and neither was I, for my character was an Emperor-loyalist at the time the mission was supposed to take place.) Like, at all. Seeing Acina for what she really is, and my character having her feelings hurt as a result, my female Sith Warrior now has some sort of retroactive gripe against Acina. lol

Perhaps, if there is a way to get back at Acina, it'll be through Malgus.

Who knows. Maybe she'll get to kill Malgus too.

There is also an ounce of regret for forgiving Malavai Quinn on Iokath.

My character tries to be evil, but deep down to the pit of her core, she is not.

Edited by ForfiniteStories

My female Sith Warrior would join him. At first, she didn't mind Acina, but then after years, I finally found a group for the Dreadseed Heroic mission. After having completely forgotten what it was about, I randomly made the Dark Side decision toward the end, for which Acina wasn't happy about (and neither was I, for my character was an Emperor-loyalist at the time the mission was supposed to take place.) Like, at all. Seeing Acina for what she really is, and my character having her feelings hurt as a result, my female Sith Warrior now has some sort of retroactive gripe against Acina. lol

Perhaps, if there is a way to get back at Acina, it'll be through Malgus.

Who knows. Maybe she'll get to kill Malgus too.

There is also an ounce of regret for forgiving Malavai Quinn on Iokath.

My character tries to be evil, but deep down to the pit of her core, she is not.

I don't think I've ever done that dreadseed stuff before meeting her in KOTET. I mean, I literally don't even know how to get that mission lol. Does Acina react differently to you in KOTET at your first meeting if you knew her already..? Think I did that chain only once, and too late to see any dialogue changes

Ugh, no, it didn't stick. After hearing from Satele Shan that the Emperor was well and truly dead, we had to rescue her from him. I love the voice actor, but if we hear any more from the Emperor, I hope it's just flashbacks!

As much as I'd find it interesting to have Malgus as a companion, I expect it would lead to calls for him as a romance option (like Arcann). Honestly, what is it with the SWTOR love for hooking up with mass murderers who destroy whole planets?

Edited by Xina_LA

Ugh, no, it didn't stick. After hearing from Satele Shan that the Emperor was well and truly dead, we had to rescue her from him. I love the voice actor, but if we hear any more from the Emperor, I hope it's just flashbacks!

The voice actor (Darin De Paul) actually has a couple roles he plays in swtor other than Valkorion. His main other one that I know of is that of Admiral Daeruun (Darin lol).

Edited by Savej