The Four Class Buffs and 7.0 - are they going?

Sarova

I noticed in this run of the PTS that the class buff benefit has changed to a passive and the ability to apply them to yourself or others has been removed.

If like me you ran all the class stories and got all classes past chapter 2 to get/unlock the four buffs so they apply to all characters on your legacy (and other players) when used (Force Valor/Force Might/Fortification/Lucky Shots - Republic, Mark of Power/Unnatural Might/Hunters Boon/Coordination - Empire) what happens to these in 7.0? If the class buffs are going to be self only passives, why did we bother doing all the classes to unlock them for our characters? No-one answered my question about this on the PTS so asking in general for more coverage.

Like almost everything else for 7.0, nobody can really say anything one way or the other because Bioware refuses to meaningfully engage with the PTS. The current patch has at least one advanced class with fairly significant differences between the Imperial and Republic mirror, it's been like that for almost 2 weeks at this point and Bioware has been completely silent on it despite direct requests to at least clarify what's going on. If they won't even respond to stuff like that, fairly significant issues that should have been answered on day one of the patch, I'm sure you can understand why getting a meaningful response on anything has been like pulling teeth.

This specific issue was put in the known issues section, but it certainly seems like a change they were making intentionally. Sentinels were the only class I saw of the 10 available that still had their class buff ability, and it didn't work, all other classes have it as a passive. The response from Jackie mentioning that it was a known issue was towards my own observation about Sentinels, but I was later corrected when others pointed that the other classes didn't have it at all and it was a passive. Jackie never responded to those posts or updated her own, nor has any other dev responded to clarify.

So again, like most things with 7.0 at this point, the answer is we don't know. Only Bioware can clarify it at this point given how unstable everything on the PTS is currently, and they don't seem willing to do so.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

So again, like most things with 7.0 at this point, the answer is we don't know. Only Bioware can clarify it at this point given how unstable everything on the PTS is currently, and they don't seem willing to do so.

Indeed.

I couldn't test my Juggernaut because of the bugs with that class, yet the other classes were unaffected but no feedback from BW on fixing anything so we can test.

I'm hoping they do a big update on what THEY'VE LEARNED (haha) from our feedback soon and update us with the next phase. I say hope...

This and other questions have been asked but BioWare refuse to answer. It makes testing feel pointless.

I’ve given up till my simple questions are answered. It’s been 3 weeks since I asked mine.

Frustrating isn't it? It just leads to many, many "the future is doomed" threads.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing has been mentioned yet (that I could find), however, I just created a new character to test the new hairstyles (which are excellent in my opinion and long overdue for some of us) AND the 4 class buffs you get as part of the achievement have been automatically applied to my character. This is good Devs, however it would be even better if you could drop some updates that included news on questions like this. Some of our questions/feedback may seem minor to developers but have a huge bearing on individual game play.

The new hairstyles and looks should have been hugely promoted by the way; we've been asking for them for a while, so this would have been great to promote (rather than have us find out by chance).

This is good Devs, however it would be even better if you could drop some updates that included news on questions like this. Some of our questions/feedback may seem minor to developers but have a huge bearing on individual game play.

The way they've been handling the PTS, this just isn't gonna happen. We just got a PTS update yesterday that took the server down for a while and everything without so much as a heads up that there was a patch coming. No acknowledgement, no update of the changelog thread, nothing. Engaging with the PTS in any way, meaningful or not, seems to be off the menu for Bioware. It's basically just a preview server at this point.

From the beginning of the announcements about 7.0 I was under the impression that class buffs will be gone. It was one of those things that made me disapprove of 7.0 from the get-go. I don't remember when and where I read something that gave me strong vibes about a removal, but it was definitely there. And not just recently.

This and other questions have been asked but BioWare refuse to answer. It makes testing feel pointless.

I’ve given up till my simple questions are answered. It’s been 3 weeks since I asked mine.

This is what I didn't understand this time at the PTS. Why were people, especially the long-term forumers like you and others, under the impression that this time would be different? That they would listen?

The PTS was never about our feedback (except back in the days, when it was closed and only their hand-selected favourites were allowed to test). The PTS is about players doing unpaid bugtesting.

Testing was always pointless, ever since Mr. Kanneg came in charge. It's just a charade. Everything is already decided anyway. They might change a tiny bit, as a fake sign of goodwill, but that's it.

Man, the more I write down my thoughts tonight, the clearer it gets how terrible this game has been led for the last years. I kept quiet for too long. Now is my last outcry, so that I don't feel bad of not having spoken out before I leave.

The class buffs were tied to the origin stories.

Why would you have any doubt it was being removed?

Not sure you understood my original post. No-one said the individual class buffs had been removed. I referred to the four class buffs (your own plus the three other classes) you get as A LEGACY PERK (commonly known as legacy buffs) after completing chapter 2 on each class. So instead of access to the four class buffs many of us were used to having one each character in our legacy, we were back down to one. These buffs are:

Republic:

• Jedi Knight: Force Might
  • Jedi Consular: Force Valor
  • Smuggler: Lucky Shots
  • Trooper: Fortification

Empire:

• Sith Warrior: Unnatural Might
  • Sith Inquisitor: Mark of Power
  • Imperial Agent: Coordination
  • Bounty Hunter: Hunter's Boon

At the moment in live, once you unlock each class buff (after completing chapter 2 of the class story) that buff becomes available for all your characters. If you're grouped with a person or people that don't have the perk, when you buff them they receive all the legacy buffs you've unlocked too.

When made my original post (based on what I found on the 7.0 PTS), the legacy buffs had been removed, even if you'd complete all the class stories. Your character only got their one class buff and this was applied passively (no more active buffing ability to be clicked).

After the latest PTS update, it appears the legacy buffs are back and are applied automatically as passives to your character (my characters now have all four again). We no longer have the clickable ability to buff group members (many of whom may not have access to all four buffs), though it's possible the buffs may apply passively group wide. I haven't been able to test whether grouping automatically applies the four legacy buffs. Has anyone else?