Auto target doesn't work properly, causing issues in pvp

You may aware that your toon auto selects the foes in pvp when you looking at them or they near of you, in my case it is broken, it does not select/toggle characters in pvp and I have to manually hit the key every single time. Sometimes targets the foes but mostly does not, how do I fix this?

I literally die most of the time because my auto target does not choose the jedi coming to me and I spend most of my time in pvp pressing hitting the key on my keyboard to do it manually,

really annoying,

Could it be in Preferences <Controls> you have "Auto Target Closest Enemy" unchecked?

Nope, I too have this issue with auto-target. I have tried both having the box checked and unchecked, just in-case it was my error and misunderstanding if I needed it ticked or not . Neither seem to work. I find this issue on shooter characters only. I can be standing right next to a enemy, and still target a NPC across the screen, then have to right mobs from two groups in PvE. Can only imagen how annoying this would be in PvP.

Here's an idea: Make all PvP free-aim only, meaning no tab-targeting, it's all up to muscle, eye, coordination, and reflex to target and fire. Swing that mouse around makes sure the cross-hairs are somewhere near the target.

There. No more auto-target problems.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Auto-Target is a great way to accidentally attack mezzed or wrong targets. Unless there is a disability reason behind it (like my friend who only has 1 hand), I would not advise using the auto target feature if you intend on doing any kind of serious PvP or PvE. I’m sure many people who click abilities probably use it to help alleviate the task saturation of finding targets + clicking abilities at the same time, but i also would not recommend clicking abilities. :)

But since i dont use it, I’m not sure how that feature is broken. If it is I guess they should look into fixing that. The “auto target nearest” suggestion above sounds like a nice addition if youre into this kind of feature.

Edited by SOULCASTER