$500,000 credits to increase skill level?

AussieAlan

So I was collecting a bunch of bioanalyses mats and noticed it was still at 600, so I asked chat, of course, that is not working on the new planet, so I thought surely they have not gone back to needing to unlock it at a crew skills trainer, yep they have, and its 500k, this is a bug right, assuming then biochem and dip is the same, it's 1.5million credits, I know the game needs a credit sink but this is just insane.:mad:

51 million credits for all my toons to get past 600 crafting.

Not a bad idea, although I might hold onto them, in the hope they do reverse this stupidity, I mean 50k maybe 100k, but 500k is just beyond insane.

This game is like that girl who dates jerks, and then wonders why she can't get a good man, you would have thought after they raised the gtn tax 8% and everyone went, fine increase the price by 8% they would learn their lessons.

@OP

just wait till you stumble on the rest of the changes.... seriously, the half million credits for a single grade of crew skill is actually the LEAST crazy problem with the new changes

My assumption is that they have seen in their data that some crafters are simply too rich for this game's economy.

because crafters will obviously not pass those costs on to their customers e.e

The intention of the devs is to make crafting 600+ as ugly as possible. If all player stop crafting at some point, they don't need to develop it any further. It is the only possible explanation for this silly update. Don't think the 500.000 credits would be the only(last drawback with onslaught crafting. Try to get one piece of equipment from green to max and look, what you have to pay for that. You will dream of only paying millions of credits for it.

Onslaught crafting sucks.

My assumption is that they have seen in their data that some crafters are simply too rich for this game's economy.

It's been noted on other threads about this thing that adding this cost will not have the effect you seem to think.

The super-rich crafters won't notice the cost.

The crafters with only a few million credits will find it painful.

The crafters with a million credits will stick two fingers up(1) at the whole thing.

(1) Unless they are Americans, in which case the gesture will be The Finger, but the meaning is essentially the same.

It's been noted on other threads about this thing that adding this cost will not have the effect you seem to think.

The super-rich crafters won't notice the cost.

The crafters with only a few million credits will find it painful.

The crafters with a million credits will stick two fingers up(1) at the whole thing.

(1) Unless they are Americans, in which case the gesture will be The Finger, but the meaning is essentially the same.

This 100%. And for all the people complaining about the cost, you do realize in previous expansions we had to pay for Advanced training to go up to the next tier of Crafting, and gathering skills. This isn't something new.

This 100%. And for all the people complaining about the cost, you do realize in previous expansions we had to pay for Advanced training to go up to the next tier of Crafting, and gathering skills. This isn't something new.

except for the part where they removed back in the 4.0? overhaul.... because in their own words "it didn't make sense"