Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

Well, the whole reason I preordered it was for early access. I didn't order it until October, and the website I ordered it from didn't mention anything about waves. It just said early access, so I assumed they were just letting everyone who ordered in a few days early. It's somewhat annoying that people who had the extra money laying around when the preorder was first available get an advantage over people who had to hold off until they could afford it, but all I really want to know is why is it like this? I don't understand how this helps them at all, since on the 20th the servers are going to be overloaded anyways.

Can you really not understand it? Or do you just not want to?

The pre-start is so far one of the cleanest ones I've ever seen, compared to WoW, WAR, AoC, RIFT.. etc. They're throwing in waves because well, thats just the most convenient way of doing it.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1) All the people foaming because they don't get to start today, rofl. Instead of asking, "Why didn't everyone get access to the game before it's official release date?" maybe you should be asking, "Why would Bioware given anyone early access?" Answer to the latter: because they're nice. I can't believe people are complaining that anyone is getting early access.

2) To the people that are upset because everyone who preordered should get the same treatment... um, how about no? There's something in the real world called lines. You may want to learn how the work (i.e. first in, first out policy).

3) To all the people who are complaining that servers are dead right now even with 3 waves so far... you do realize that there is probably a good portion of those early-wave people who are working, asleep, or just not able to log in right now. Sorry, not everyone can be starting at a gray "Login" button and their launcher and hitting refresh on their email every 3 seconds like some of you...

4) I didn't redeem until 11/22 so I won't be seeing EA for a while. I'm hoping by this weekend, but if not, it's really no big deal. In the end, it doesn't even matter. By the 20th, I will be playing this game. Whether it's as a lvl 1 toon or a lvl 30 toon, it's all good. And in 3 months (assuming I'm still playing), I'll be a lvl 50 toon pvp'ing and doing flashpoints and operations... with or without the early start.

So, seriously, to the foamers and ragers... please calm down. Your sense on entitlement that you are owed Early Access to the game "right now" is annoying. You are the customer base that no one likes to deal with... ever.

Agreed, however I do feel that everyone pays the same price for the preorder so therefore they should get the same teatment. Just because some of us have jobs doesn't mean we should miss out on getting the game earlier than some one who stays at home refreshing their browser waiting to preorder.

Before I even start - I know, I know, QQ qq qQ Qq blah blah blah. I don't know when you suddenly couldn't criticize or point out failed promises or abuses by companies but whatever.

I'm in online game development, I can feel a lot of Bioware's pain in this early access thing. I'm not upset at them yet, and nor will I be until they break their last modified promise to me as a paying customer. The entire reason I pre-ordered when I did was for 5 days of early access. This was promised to me at the time of sale, and was essentially the entire driving force behind my purchase (in early August). If I don't get my 5 days, then I'll be upset and feel like my contract of sale was broken and hope they provide some form of compensation for this.

So good luck Bioware, we're all counting on you. I'm a reasonable person, and as such only hope that you can do good on your promises to your paying customers and if not then you make it right.

Haha, so here it goes, I put my code in for pre order the first day it was available (being that I check the website everyday for updates). I have an In real life friend who put his in in November 1st, and hes in. Thanks Bioware, just to note I am not pissed about not getting in the first day, but I am pissed about that late comers got in before me

I find it comical that people flame on the forums that they can't get in, and because they pre-ordered the expect to get in 1st thing on the day early access begins.

If you read the posts that started several weeks ago, they explained how the pre-launch would work, and that not everyone would get in the 1st day.

This is not launch day...launch day is the 20th, this is a privilege for those fans that pre-ordered.

If you get in 1 day before official launch, it is still a privilege. Be happy with what you get, or just play on launch like the rest.

Sry...hate seeing 400 threads about the same complaints.

Can't wait for the opportunity to get in myself

This IS launch day. Servers are going live the 13th. That they officially say something else, does not change the fact that SWTOR was launched Dec 13.

Either game is not launched, or it is launched, the inbetweens is just developers/publishers doing word-plays.

SWTOR is LIVE & Launched, EOD.

They said the only have 4 waves PLANNED, not that only 4 will be going out. They have hinted that if things go well more waves will be sent out, they're just being cautious. I really don't get all the screaming about this. It's not like we were not aware of the staggered early access.

Why only 1 more wave?? Most servers are at most on medium

NOT A HAPPY BUNNY

Cause alot of peeps are at work or just haven't logged in yet although they technically can for whatever reason. Relax, and accept that it's gooing be slow.

Personally, I would have loved to get in today, but based off what I've seen so far, since I ordered September 2nd, I figure at best I'm looking at Thursday/Friday at the current rate of let ins, and it's also going to be a packed house. Lol. Sure I'm a little disapointed, but there's no changing it, so complaining won't help.

Relax guys its just a game and after all its just £5, take a deep breath and go outside or do something in the mean time. The game is not going nowhere and we will all get to play it sooner or later (me included), im sure by the weekend we will all be happily playing away!

Oh my lord you people are more excitable then a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Grow up children. Life is about patience. Bioware told us all straight up what the skinny was months ago and now your crying like a bunch of WOW players. Stiffen that upper lip and have your mommies change your diapers cause big boys don't cry.