So um, Khem Val did ANYONE romance him?

Zehal

I mean like why did the Devs even added that option, knowing full well almost no one would romance the homicidal beast. (At least most players I talk to in-game just laughs at me mentioning it and none I met romance it)

Unless they have a surprise development on that in the future...

What do you guys think?

Are the writers gonna pull twisted beauty and the beast and turn him male humanoid as a side effect of Zash sorcery? Or bring back Zash as a romance companion after she tried multiple times to kill you? You think Zash will pull another trick to switch with your body, one last time after the Nathema incident?

How many of you romance Khem Val?

I romance him only because I want to see were it leads if anywhere...AM I alone on this? lol :o

Edited by Zehal

I'm just speculating here, with no hard evidence to back it up.

It's entirely possible that they put it in because lots of players, over the years, have asked for it.

(OK, the part after "because" isn't speculating. Just search the forums for it.)

Of course... so most likely the romance leads nowhere... for now at least. I think I must be like 1%of does players who ask for that...however I remember that most players where just asking to romance Zach... hmmm I can't remember its been a long time.

Oh well, I guess the only relevant growing romances in almost every expansion are Lana and Theron...I think.

Thanks for the info Steve as always...

Ill just keep experimenting with the romances as it seems that most are not relevant in anyway beyond an e-mail or if your lucky a few cinematic or off screen dialog. Ill have to RPG hardcore in my head if I want to be invested in them...Or if any NPC grows on me as the main story progress, haha lol

See ya in game! :D

Edited by Zehal

I did! And not just out of curiosity.

My inquisitor is a depraved power hungry rattataki psycho (think Kaliyo's evil twin), and Andronikos always seemed like he's too nice for her. All the other romanceable dudes in the game are light side leaning as well. So when I saw that Khem has a flirt option, I was like YES! She finally found her soulmate! Curious to see where it goes.

I did! And not just out of curiosity.

My inquisitor is a depraved power hungry rattataki psycho (think Kaliyo's evil twin), and Andronikos always seemed like he's too nice for her. All the other romanceable dudes in the game are light side leaning as well. So when I saw that Khem has a flirt option, I was like YES! She finally found her soulmate! Curious to see where it goes.

Yay, I'm not alone in this! I'm so curious to see where it leads too... I sometimes like to think that the devs have a special surprise for this romance... I mean come on, THEY knew it would NOT be the most popular, there has to be more to this romance that meets the eye... or at least I like to think so. Its to much to hope for but can you imagine we get a unique new kissable Big/strong humanoid model after he finishes the death ritual to give himself to us like he said in an e-mail? *blush* Oh gosh..... :o

Or its Zash again trying a take our body like Valkorion though I imagine it will go very bad for her at this point since the Inquisitor has grown in power a lot since and is an expert against such assaults at this point (specially Darth Nox known as the "Death Devour" or Darth Imperious with his impenetrable "mind defenses")... Oh well I love this games stories, I'm sure Ill love anything the devs creative minds give us! haha lol :)

Thanks for taking the time and post your thoughts on this! Hopefully we will see each other in game! :D

Edited by Zehal

• 1 year later...
After the weirdness with Andronikas and the no-threeway with Lana and Theron, well my SI has been having a bit of a dry spell. New Flirt rule: Commander of the alliance can't flirt with, well, anyone basically. Aside from Acina she's down to droids and the anti-social. Still, there is the bioware concern that after so many 'sacrifices' Khem will satiate his personality and never again threaten to eat you, but aside from that Khem is the natural option for her.

I have not romanced him yet, but I'm actually glad they put it in just to mix it up a bit. Some might see it as a joke, but, well, it's nice to have less conventional options. I've always understood the Sith as being more open minded about such things, where the attraction comes from power, not just looks or personality. :p

Besides, don't forget that it is heavily implied during Khem Val's companion quests and conversations that he had been

in love with Tulak Hord

so the romance option is actually not totally out of the Blue for him.

And about the relevance of romances: They are meant as fluff and often do not "lead anywhere", so heavy head-canon has to happen to keep them relevant to your character. Once in a Blue Moon you get an e-mail, so you know the game remembers it, too, ha ha. That's also one reason why I dislike getting new companions with me in story flashpoints all the time instead of being able to choose who I take. I hope though that they add at least one more Khem Val scene since the last one was very open ended and needs a conclusion. :cool:

Nothing's coming of it. It's a one off, an acknowledgement of the meme by the devs for a laugh. That's it. And personally i'm kinda glad it's a one off, too many times with romances on the male side of things straight men push for these romances with monsters and creatures and devs often think that's what women/gay men want. Edited by Jaxterone

too many times with romances on the male side of things straight men push for these romances with monsters and creatures

[citation needed]

Really. If you're going to assert something like that(1), you *have* to back it up. What makes you say that the romance with Khem is something that *only* straight men asked for?

(1) I'm a straight man. I think that even the *idea* of a romance with Khem is ridiculous.

Nothing's coming of it. It's a one off, an acknowledgement of the meme by the devs for a laugh. That's it. And personally i'm kinda glad it's a one off, too many times with romances on the male side of things straight men push for these romances with monsters and creatures and devs often think that's what women/gay men want.

Lmao not wrong, because the largest playerbase is usually male their opinion on characters sometimes effect and influence the options for females and the type of males we get. It's like how most of us are not big fans of Doc or Tharan Cedrax, but more of the male players find them cool, defend them or find them not so offensive. So we tend to get: abusers, perverts, betrayers or LI's into weird bdsm stuff like Iron Bull lol. It's a trend Bioware has to change, and they've tried to in this game....in some ways, though many of the males still fall into the same trope.

It's like how most of us are not big fans of Doc or Tharan Cedrax, but more of the male players find them cool, defend them or find them not so offensive. So we tend to get: abusers, perverts, betrayers or LI's into weird bdsm stuff like Iron Bull lol. It's a trend Bioware has to change, and they've tried to in this game....in some ways, though many of the males still fall into the same trope.

I don't find Tharan and Doc anywhere near as bad as the weird relationships between Trooper and Elara, and Consular and Nadia. That last one in particular doesn't have an eject button where you can back out of a relationship at the 11th hour like you can with the others.

• 5 weeks later...
Lmao not wrong, because the largest playerbase is usually male their opinion on characters sometimes effect and influence the options for females and the type of males we get. It's like how most of us are not big fans of Doc or Tharan Cedrax, but more of the male players find them cool, defend them or find them not so offensive. So we tend to get: abusers, perverts, betrayers or LI's into weird bdsm stuff like Iron Bull lol. It's a trend Bioware has to change, and they've tried to in this game....in some ways, though many of the males still fall into the same trope.

There is a slight bit of homophobia there as well. I've noticed that anytime someone especially a male brings up the male bi romances in chat, as in the actual non-meme romances, Hetero males will always manage to throw Khem into the conversation and go on about how sexually attracted they are to him as a way of mocking people. Certain Heterosexual men seem to not be ok with male x male convos being brought up, until it's a mock romance with a monster they can use to poke fun with. They know they won't actually romance Khem over their waifus, but they enjoy using Khem to shutdown any lgbt conversation.

Surprisingly, for a company known for it's inclusion, there are a lot of toxic people like that in this game. I once saw someone say Theron being a romance option for non-heterosexual people ruined the character for him lmao.

Edited by Jaxterone

• 1 month later...

So I came to this forum thinking of posting about Paxton Rall, and saw this... I literally thought this was a troll thread, until I found the guide for it on Swortista's site.

I'm literally harmed by this revelation... :d_eek:

*Edit: This should be classified under "Forbidden Sith Knowledge"

Edited by Kass

So I came to this forum thinking of posting about Paxton Rall, and saw this... I literally thought this was a troll thread, until I found the guide for it on Swortista's site.

Unfortunately, no, as you found, it's deadly serious(1). Over the years, lots of people posted requests for a romance with KV (really, I saw the posts go by), and now they have one. As noted above, I think the idea is ridiculous, but evidently it floated someone's boat...

(1) It might only be memely serious, as suggested by someone else above, but even so...

well, as a straight female I was rather disappointed by some of the romance options offered:

Sith Warrior: 1. Quinn who tried to kill you

2. Arcann who tried to kill you.

3. Theron Shan who is from the opposing side of the Galactic Conflict (He is SIS and for a loyalist Sith why would they sleep with the enemy?

4. Koth is ok if you are lightside, not so much if you are darkside - also he is incredibly naive about Valkorian.

5, You don't have an option to have anything more than a one-night stand with Pierce.

# 2, 3 & 4th reason also applies to others below:

Imperial Agent

1. Victor is sweet, but... he's a BUG for goddsake!

Bounty Hunter:

I like the option there. Torian is ideal for my BH.

Sith Inquisitor

1. Andronikos is a pirate, which is an appeal for some. He still makes a few dark side choices which my light-sider doesn't agree with.

2. Talos Drellik is more the type my inquisitor would be drawn too. More Celebral. But he rejects the possibility.

3. The Sith Character on Makeb was only there for gay male choices, he wasn't player-sexual. He was the cutest Sith Pureblood.... (sigh) And even for gay males, the romance did not continue after the Makeb storyline.

Jedi Knight

1. Doc is a lounge lizard. Total turn-off. My JKs for the most part either go Theron, Koth or my Dark-side went for Scourge.

Jedi Counselor

1 . Iresso is all right but is introduced way too late in the story. Not enough time to really get to know him that well.

Smuggler

Corso is too "I shall save the damsel in distress" - he wants to be the old fashioned (male) hero rather than letting the Character be the strong one in the relationship.

Trooper:

Aric is okay, but pouts too much if I promote Elara rather than him. Also the line in the romance dialogue is never changed for a female Cathar character who is fully capable of making Cathar babies with him and not having to adopt. :-)

3. Theron Shan who is from the opposing side of the Galactic Conflict (He is SIS and for a loyalist Sith why would they sleep with the enemy?

1. People do the damnedest things in the name of love.

2. More to the point, for the malicious pleasure of "stealing" Jedi Grandmaster Satele Shan's son's heart.

Never underestimate the power of malice, especially for a darksider.

I've watched a video of his romance and found it to be very sweet. I don't have a SI to that point in the story yet, but when I do I intend to romance Khem Khem. I dislike Ashara, so he's a good alternative. Star Wars cannon has other very mismatched species in romances, so to me, this romance feels very in keeping with Star Wars.

• 8 months later...