Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Electro net is too overpowered and must be reworked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Electro net is too overpowered and must be reworked

Enticy
07.25.2021 , 11:37 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Iymurra View Post
Something that bugs me about these threads calling concealment ops overpowered with no counters... is that people don't actually talk about the counter.

Roots

its that simple

They don't build resolve, have low CDs, and prevent operatives from rolling.
They can be cleansed (uses a gcd), evaded (uses a dcd), broken (stunbreaker or threat drop), or circumvented (utility that no-one takes in PvP). All those things have fairly long cds and will let you wreck an operative in the meantime.
In listing all of Operative/Scoundrelís counters to being rooted, youíve only reinforced the point about them not having many solid counters. As an Operative main myself, I can say with certainty that in such a situation, Iím going to pop dcdís and weather the storm. Then, Iím going to roll, stun, and melt you. Unless that root comes with a hefty side order of 3v1 stomping, or is applied at just the right time in just the right place, most competent Operative/Scoundrel players donít care about being rooted.

Same with Electro Net. Pop dcdís, survive, heal, turn around and sodomize the Merc/Commando who did it. Iím not saying it happens like this all the time, but it happens often enough that Electro Net doesnít feel like the instant-win button that people say it is.

bladech
08.04.2021 , 12:08 PM | #12
I think net should not work on players who have FULL WHITE BAR. It's too opped when 1 person gets double stun and then when he finally has his white bar which is the only chance for him to survive (because you can't be rooted/stunned while white bar is on) he gets electro net right after 2 stuns which prevents player to use any escape abilities is waaaaay too much. 90% of players can't handle it and just dying in first seconds of the fight. Only few super pro, high experienced players can deal with it (however, i saw even pro players could not handle double stun + net in ranked arenas)
Supporting my threads or comments? You like pvp? Click on my link to help my get some goodies

http://www.swtor.com/r/QKZXBf

xordevoreaux
08.19.2021 , 06:53 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
In pvp
[snip]
That's all I needed to read to know where this thread is going, once again a PvP person irritated at perceived slights with how a class under/over performs and subsequently calling to nerf or buff...

...all while completely absolutely ignoring the resulting crap that nerfs create for PvE players with PvP types saying "well you don't need to use that ability in PvE anyway, or that one... or that one... or that one..." as a laughably weak defense of their position. Tired of PvP issues breaking PvE.

Nay.
About my SWTOR guilds
Check out my Sims4 mods on Nexus.

Ceannladair
10.27.2021 , 04:25 PM | #14
Your a Operative. you have a HEAL! as Melee. That is like a Merc crying they have no sustain in pvp.
Operatives are Overpowered when it comes to utility. also you have a HEAL as Melee DPS that is not a cool down.

NO.. Sympathy here!

xXSchmedlyXx
10.28.2021 , 08:10 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by bladech View Post
In pvp when operative/scoundrel is netted and focused - he is doomed, even he uses vanish he will do two rolls while in stealth and then he gets revealed and KILLED without stealth.
I wholeheartedly disagree. I have taken well over 700k being netted and revealed as an operative. Net is not overpowered and needs to stay in. Itís just a mechanic you have to play around. As an operative and a sin you have to face tank net for as long as possible. And just donít be greedy with your breaker. As an operative you are honestly a very squishy class. If you get stun chained with no breaker you will die if you have four people on your ***. Just be careful and anticipate net and play around it.
Ē500k damage taken as a sorc with LW, thatís the new metaĒ

Sceviour

theJudeAbides
10.28.2021 , 10:01 PM | #16
Yes... yes, your operatives tears fill me with nourishment and joy. Electro-net is fine. Commando's need tools to deal with the endless stun-lock, stealth-out BS that stealthers do. Electro-net is that tool.

Funny how I don't see any operatives complaining about the double-stun set bonus set that everyone who's not an operative agrees is broken. What other class gets a set that allows them to stun twice? None.

Take your medicine and die operatives. NOBODY likes you in PVP.

Floplag
10.29.2021 , 11:46 AM | #17
No, it isnt, unless you are prepared to talk about vanish, multi rolls, stun lock, and all the other tools you have as we all know you are the most OP right now.
Sorry, not sorry, were not all free kills.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

StarLionAzure
10.29.2021 , 12:45 PM | #18
1.) SWTOR PvP is a horrible WoW-Clone.

2.) Stop leaving the group. No one can support you if you're more than 30m away.

xXSchmedlyXx
11.11.2021 , 12:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by theJudeAbides View Post
Yes... yes, your operatives tears fill me with nourishment and joy. Electro-net is fine. Commando's need tools to deal with the endless stun-lock, stealth-out BS that stealthers do. Electro-net is that tool.

Funny how I don't see any operatives complaining about the double-stun set bonus set that everyone who's not an operative agrees is broken. What other class gets a set that allows them to stun twice? None.

Take your medicine and die operatives. NOBODY likes you in PVP.
I'm an operative. Double stun is stupid.
We have the lowest cooldown of any hard stun already at 30 seconds with the utility. And then they give us two.
It's *********** dumb.
Ē500k damage taken as a sorc with LW, thatís the new metaĒ

Sceviour