Win Trading Concern

SithLordKoruku

I'm just curious. :sul_confused:

I was in a ranked match, I play sorc heals, I haven't played ranked in a long time, just mainly NiM raids/and casual PvP for fun at this point. I thought, hmm I'll try some ranked out again. First match, I lose, 12.3M heals, and got called out for "win trading". I'm just curious, can you actually get banned for this? Are people actually this toxic now, that they assume rusty playing is "win trading"?

I'm genuinely concerned, because I don't want any issues with my account, to the point that I get banned. I'm not sure how BioWare's ban system handles their players, because I know some games are a little more strict than others. So, I'm mainly asking this for the safety of my account. Does BioWare actually punish rusty players, or are those people just toxic and assume everything is win trading? Genuine question. :rak_02:

:ph_thank_you:

I'm just curious. :sul_confused:

I was in a ranked match, I play sorc heals, I haven't played ranked in a long time, just mainly NiM raids/and casual PvP for fun at this point. I thought, hmm I'll try some ranked out again. First match, I lose, 12.3M heals, and got called out for "win trading". I'm just curious, can you actually get banned for this? Are people actually this toxic now, that they assume rusty playing is "win trading"?

I'm genuinely concerned, because I don't want any issues with my account, to the point that I get banned. I'm not sure how BioWare's ban system handles their players, because I know some games are a little more strict than others. So, I'm mainly asking this for the safety of my account. Does BioWare actually punish rusty players, or are those people just toxic and assume everything is win trading? Genuine question. :rak_02:

:ph_thank_you:

Yes people are that salty. No you won’t get banned for wintrading because they don’t seem to even ban those who win trade anymore. Just ignore the jerks.

To underscore what Trixxie said: Bioware hasn't banned any wintraders for about a year now. They don't even ban blatant throwers like holymind and moophy. It's a level of incompetence that I wouldn't have thought possible to be honest, but those are the facts.

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever that they would ban someone just because someone randomly said they were a wintrader. There are certain people in solo ranked that are paranoid and see wintrading everywhere. They are to be ignored for the most part.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

To underscore what Trixxie said: Bioware hasn't banned any wintraders for about a year now. They don't even ban blatant throwers like holymind and moophy. It's a level of incompetence that I wouldn't have thought possible to be honest, but those are the facts.

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever that they would ban someone just because someone randomly said they were a wintrader. There are certain people in solo ranked that are paranoid and see wintrading everywhere. They are to be ignored for the most part.

And even when they did ban them, Bioware undid the bans at the earliest possible point allowing said cheats to still get their rewards and thus negating any deterrent to cheating in swtor. Unless your Felix, you can guarantee they won’t ban you for anything.

Man this is really sad. The one season I really dedicated a lot of time to ranked was season 9. I had like a 1720 rating and needed 30 for gold, and was beaten by exploiters multiple times. Dunked on my rating, and I only got silver. A shame to know that I could have just win traded (which I'd never do it defeats the whole purpose) instead of dedicating a ton of time to play like 200 ranked matches only to get beaten by exploits lmaoooo 😂😂