How to fix PvP matches?

Mccordrm

Do not display Stats (Kills, Damage, Healing, etc) to the losing team. Optionally, put a short lockout (10 minutes) on losing team. Objectives are currently pointless because damage monkeys have zero reason to want/need to play Objectives.

Also, create a "Kill Room" which is open PvP and serves absolutely no purpose but to let people jump in and go crazy killing each other. No rewards, just a kill room for the sake of killing each other.

The lockout is a bit harsh imo, we only need lockout when you leave during a match. The stats thing could work, but if you are a beginner in PVP, how would you know how well you do in terms of DPS/protection/heal? Starparse is an option but if you PVP a lot, you need to: a) have it opened all the time or b) prepare to see a lot of data files lying around in your PC. The death match thing is good, but we already have 4v4 death match; perhaps bring back 8v8 death match?

IMO, the problem is rewards from winning are not that spectacular. Aso, we do not have different maps since a long time. So players get bored and well, damage farming happens.

You can thank the devs for all the non- OBJ murder hobo's. Once everyone cried so hard and got losses counting towards weeklies they removed any reason to play objectives.

There's still reason to play objectives, you progress the weekly 4x faster. I also haven't really seen an increase in damage farmers since the change.

probably the worst troll post i’ve read in a while. thank you for once again demonstrating that obj nerds have 0 knowledge of either basic game mechanics or, dare i say, anything at all that doesn’t involve right clicking on things that glow.

probably the worst troll post i’ve read in a while. thank you for once again demonstrating that obj nerds have 0 knowledge of either basic game mechanics or, dare i say, anything at all that doesn’t involve right clicking on things that glow.

Rather that than brain dead zergers who think getting farmed at mid x amount of times is the best way to play. The people who click things that glow will always do 2x as much than people who run and die at mid.

Rather that than brain dead zergers who think getting farmed at mid x amount of times is the best way to play. The people who click things that glow will always do 2x as much than people who run and die at mid.

using the word "always" there is poor choice of words. a "brain dead zerger" who runs to mid in a hypergate and gets 1 kill will have contributed more than the obj nerd who spam clicks the pylon for the entire game and can't manage to cap it. also, just don't die. literally not even hard in this game, ttk is ridiculously long.

Optionally, put a short lockout (10 minutes) on losing team.

This is a great idea, but they should make it a bit more severe than a 10 min lockout.

It should be a purge, where the losing team gets their characters completely deleted.

Let only the strong survive. :rolleyes:

Edited by PVPsage