Why? Just why?

Nickodemous

So, while I was in a ranked venue, getting harassed, by another player, I had an epiphany! Like the pvp gods all hit me in the head at one time!

Why in gods name is solo ranked exclusive? Is this not the jokes of all jokes? Grouped should be exclusive, not some pecker heads trying to control it to get a flair.

Everyone should queue for solos like regs.

It only makes sense!

Why should people feel excluded from the mounts, skins, etc, .....because a few control it. F that!

Everyone queue solos vs regs.....my god it could be fun! Sooooo FUN.

I’d suggest at this point that they remove arena from 8v8 queue.

Then make solo queue a type of reg /stepping stone to team ranked

People can still earn ELO and rewards to buy stuff from the vendor

At the same time, they open up and show us our hidden ELO for reg 8v8

And allow us to earn vendor points in 8v8

Why? Well they’ve added all the same restrictions to regs as they’ve added to ranked. We get locked out if we leave and we have to win to complete daily / weekly missions. We already go through all the same rubbish and heartache as ranked for piddly little rewards. Adding some vendor reward points for winning would be more of an incentive to win and play more.

Reserve some rewards for team ranked only as that would be the pinnacle of competition.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Why? Well they’ve added all the same restrictions to regs as they’ve added to ranked. We get locked out if we leave and we have to win to complete daily / weekly missions. We already go through all the same rubbish and heartache as ranked for piddly little rewards. Adding some vendor reward points for winning would be more of an incentive to win and play more.

Reserve some rewards for team ranked only as that would be the pinnacle of competition.

so a level up on unranked, but a training ground for ranked? I like the idea of that :)

Everyone should queue for solos like regs... Why in gods name is solo ranked exclusive?

Actually not a terrible idea. If everyone qued solo ranked like they que regs, there would probably be enough of a population to matchmake properly in ranked. Essentially the skill barriers and subsequent toxicity towards unskilled players which you call "exclusivity" would evaporate if a mass of less skilled regs players qued ranked. With enough unskilled players in solo ranked, these less skilled players would be matched against other unskilled players. There would actually be a bracket for themselves, to learn, practice, and get better. As they get better they would climb rankings and be matched against better competition.. ultimately creating a stable solo ranked game mode and breaking down the "exclusivity."

But it can't just be a couple of ppl. 3, 4, 5 unskilled regs players is going to have the opposite effect. Those players will only face more unfair matchmaking, more toxicity. To actually remove any barriers to ranked, there needs to be enough unskilled players to create their own bracket. Otherwise they will just stick out. That's why encouragments like this...

Everyone queue solos vs regs.....my god it could be fun! Sooooo FUN.

are naive and ineffective. Only incentives from BioWare can encourage enough regs players to produce the sufficient population and break down the "exclusivity."

Edited by septru

Actually not a terrible idea. If everyone qued solo ranked like they que regs, there would probably be enough of a population to matchmake properly in ranked. Essentially the skill barriers and subsequent toxicity towards unskilled players which you call "exclusivity" would evaporate if a mass of less skilled regs players qued ranked. With enough unskilled players in solo ranked, these less skilled players would be matched against other unskilled players. There would actually be a bracket for themselves, to learn, practice, and get better. As they get better they would climb rankings and be matched against better competition.. ultimately creating a stable solo ranked game mode and breaking down the "exclusivity."

But it can't just be a couple of ppl. 3, 4, 5 unskilled regs players is going to have the opposite effect. Those players will only face more unfair matchmaking, more toxicity. To actually remove any barriers to ranked, there needs to be enough unskilled players to create their own bracket. Otherwise they will just stick out. That's why encouragments like this...

are naive and ineffective. Only incentives from BioWare can encourage enough regs players to produce the sufficient population and break down the "exclusivity."

I do agree. Thought if solos were flooded it would dilute it a bit. Not only would players feel more comfortable queueing but the top tier peps would still own it. No one is going to dispute that there are really good players who are just hands down the best! Would just make everyone better.

Edited by Nickodemous

I do agree. Thought if solos were flooded it would dilute it a bit. Not only would players feel more comfortable queueing but the top tier peps would still own it. No one is going to dispute that there are really good players who are just hands down the best! Would just make everyone better.

The problem as I see it is perception of it being flagged as ranked and the stigma or status that goes with that.

It’s why I suggested an alternative in my previous post. If solos lost the “ranked” moniker and we could view our reg 8s hidden ELO, then players would become desensitised to it. Add some vendor reward points for winning regs, the same as solos and you have more people playing to win. Those that like arena won’t feel like they are pressured to play 8s and those that don’t like arena won’t be forced to play it.

And you keep the really ultra exclusive rewards for team ranked. Then every pvper is involved in pvp seasons, wether they play 8s, solos or granked. You lose the stigma of “ranked solos” and have more people queuing it. Which in turn has better matchmaking and brackets in solos.

I would not have a problem with this.

Just looking at my own situation, I have not played ranked seriously since season 5 I believe. The problem is, the ranked venue is totally different than that of regs, it is a whole new skill set. I will be the first one to admit that I need to dust off some cob webs to be competitive but you just are not given any slack to do it. There is this zero tolerance behavior which I am sure inhibits a lot of players from checking solos out.

I played one match, this guy gets tunneled and melted, in both rounds, and I am to blame for the loss. It was funny and pitiful at the same time.

So, while I was in a ranked venue, getting harassed,

How do you get "harassed" in PC Game? I mean you can mute, ignore ANYBODY in a sec, after that it's impossible to hurt you any way. This whole thing is just pixels in a screen, so what are you talking about?

Edited by sauerkraut

How do you get "harassed" in PC Game? I mean you can mute, ignore ANYBODY in a sec, after that it's impossible to hurt you any way. This whole thing is just pixels in a screen, so what are you talking about?

I am not going to fall for the ole "just pixels in a screen" argument. You are dealing with the nice, more refined pvp forums Nick now. No more of those harsh, but witty, back handed posts. I have learned to take the high road now, water of a ducks back....just let it roll.

Plus, competitive Candy Crush has turned out to be even more ruthless. There is no ignore or mute button in that game and those people will cut your damn soul. So, I figured getting involved with that, absolutely insane, group of Candy Crushing heathens would certainly get me more battle hardened for SWTOR ranked.

See....It working. :jawa_biggrin:

A happy, moderately fluffy, post is in my being.

Edited by Nickodemous

Obviously you can or BioWare wouldn’t have a Report Harassment button ;)

Obviously you can or BioWare wouldn’t have a Report Harassment button ;)

It's a typical forum answer, I dunno but must be, because there is a button. That button is like the buttons at the pedestrian crossings, helps to relive stress. (safe room so they don't melt down). So I'm asking again how? I just like to know I have curious nature.

Edited by sauerkraut

It's a typical forum answer, I dunno but must be, because there is a button. That button is like the buttons at the pedestrian crossings, helps to relive stress. (safe room so they don't melt down). So I'm asking again how? I just like to know I have curious nature.

And that’s a typical phishing response.