Combat styles meshing with Origin Stories

Night-runner

For years now I've kinda wished that a base class (now origin story) could swap between the advanced classes (now combat styles) for different parts of the story. Now with the 7.0 decoupling of base and advanced class, that's an option!

My basis was just using the original character advanced classes, so I don't have any funky combos like Sentinel/Sorcerer. Love to hear other folks' thoughts and sequences!

Knight:

-Prologue and Ch1: Guardian [Closest match to original Knight Base class, Traditional jedi gear for going on missions against the superweapons and getting the job done]

-Ch 1 finale through Ch 2 finale: Sentinel [story events shake you up, Anger at loss of Master Orgus, Pride and overconfidence seeps in as you join the special task force to capture the emperor, Imagine Anakin as he rose in power]

-Ch 3 and finale: Guardian [Return to basics after control of the emperor, Facing the threats with more control and less aggression]

Bounty Hunter:

-Prologue through Ch 1 finale: Mercenary [young gun, blow em up, gun them down, kind of a brute force approach to the game]

-Ch 2 through Ch 3 finale: Powertech [Major Challenge by Kellian Jaro, re-thinks approach and starts using new tools/tricks for the blacklist targets, special targets, and Jun Seros]

Smuggler:

This one's harder, the advanced classes didn't break out as well by chapters, so planetary distinctions popped up

-Prologue through Taris: Gunslinger [Hot shot gunslinger, quickest draw in the west style]

-Nar Shadaa: Scoundrel [More finesse needed, closer quarters]

-Tatooine through Ch 1 finale: Gunslinger [breaking out the guns again, duels, desert fights, droid shooting galleries]

-Pt Nowhere/Balmorra through Belsavis: Scoundrel [Things get sneaky, deals get made, stuff stolen from republic and imperials, prison breaks, etc...]

-Voss through Ch.3 finale: Gunslinger [Open spaces and battlefields, shootout with the voidwolf]

Inquisitor:

-Korriban: Sorceror [Closest to base class, basic equipment for acolyte]

-Dromund Kass through Ch 1 finale: Assassin [servant to Zash, stealing relics, killing folks, getting your hands dirty]

-Ch2 through Ch 3 finale: Sorcerer [imagine the double bladed saber broken by Thanaton, leaning more towards Force power and learning as you capture the ghosts, heal yourself, and then overpower Thanaton in the end]

Consular:

-Prologue through Ch 1 finale: Sage [base class again, using more of the mystic side of the force to shield the masters and defeat Vivicar]

-Ch 2 through Ch 3 finale: Shadow [ Envoy to the Rift alliance begin supporting in open warfare, Take more of a martial style, rooting out children of the Empire, and defeating the 1st son]

-Ch 3 finale alternate: Sage [if a more force power/healing confrontation seems appropriate for the 1st son]

Agent:

Harder to narrow to phases, just like smuggler

-Prologue: Operative [infiltration, sneaky deal making and scouting]

-Balmorra: Sniper [battlefield venue, pose as militia marksmen to take out Greystar]

-Nar Shadaa: Operative [infiltrate cyclone, close quarters fights]

-Tatooine: Sniper [Open desert ambush style]

-Alderaan through Quesh: [More infiltration, tunnels and ship deck fighting, stealthing to combat Jadus, etc]

-Hoth: Sniper [snowplain ambushes make more sense then stealthing]

-Ch 2 finale through Belsavis: Operative [back to sneaking around and close quarters fights]

-Voss through Corellia: Sniper [Open plains, open battlefield, reassignment to military operations]

-Ch 3 finale: Operative [sneaking into Star chamber to take down Cabal and Hunter]

Trooper:

-Prologue through Ch 1 Finale: Vanguard [Close to base class equipmment, special ops assignments hunting down traitors, not full blown war]

-Ch2 through Ch 3 finale: Commando [Now we're into full blown war, frontline assault mode]

Warrior:

-Prologue: Juggernaut [closest to base class, basic acolyte equipment]

-Ch1 through Ch2 finale: Marauder [ Baras turns you into a weapon/rage machine]

-Ch 3 through finale: Juggernaut [betrayal by Baras, supporting the Hand as Wrath, a little more calculating, but more unstoppable, think Vader or Lord Scourge]

Huh this is interesting , I know that I'm looking at classes origins and combat styles outside of what is the normal ones (original) and trying to work out what works or could work thematically mostly due to trying to make my own perfect agent

I really disliked cut scenes showing a pistol when I was using a rifle,

What are the combos people think work thematically for each class?

I figure that most force users could change easier for each? I've not really played forcer users at all there so no idea

What are the combos people think work thematically for each class?

My takes:

For Knight: Any force style other than sage/sorceror

Bounty Hunter: Any Tech style except Commando or scoundrel (the big cannon and stealth shotgun just don't fit in my mind)

Smuggler: G-slinger/scoundrel, operative, Mercenary, and maybe commando for humor purposes ala "Say hello to my little friend" (Sniper and the tank styles don't seem to fit)

Inquisitor: This one's hard, I don't really see Marauder/Sentinel or Juggernaut/Guardian fitting the Inquisitor story

Consular: Sorc/sage shadow/assassin of course mayyyybe Guardian/Juggernaut in chapter 3? Marauder/Sentinel still doesn't fit

Agent: Sniper, operative, vanguard, maybe mercenary for the toys, scoundrel for a change in flavor (commando, gunslinger, and powertech don't fit)

Trooper: I was going to say anything except the stealth classes, but I could see operative fitting in with special ops, and mayyyybe scoundrel for the brawler aspect?

Warrior: Same as knight, any force style except sorc/sage

Here's a weird one that came to me:

Shadow for Knight, not because of anything in terms of the story beats or such, but because of Kira Carsen. It's always been just downright weird to me why someone who's already training under one of the freaking Jedi Council gets p(ada)wned off on some newbie who's only really reliable for being an ace fighter. But it might make sense if the Knight PC has a similar fighting style. You're not around to train Kira in how to Jedi properly, you're basically her combat tutor. And so using a combat style that matches hers therefore makes that element makes way more sense.

Agent, Bounty hunter or Smuggler origin:

Scoundrel with Ruffian spec and Powertech (any spec). Equipped with an armoured outfit, it's basically an 'in your face, anything goes'-brawler. Burn, bleed, punch, kick, blast and a shotgun to the face for good measure.

I do like gear based parities!

Like powertech/scoundrel, or vanguard/operative.

Single saber styles? Sorc/Jug and Sage/Guardian

Combat saber styles? Sentinel/Shadow and Marauder/Assassin

Quickdraw? Gunslinger/Mercenary

The only odd ones out are Commando and Sniper since they gave unique weapons

• 1 month later...
I'll tell you one thing that doesn't mesh... cutscenes.

So far, my Jedi knight (who has the jedi shadow combat style) has been wielding an invisible/imaginary lightsaber in every cutscene where he draws it.

Yes, I have experienced this so much. I was literally cheering when my saber decided to exist at the end if ch 1, but then it looked like i was stabbing my self.