PvP Suggestion: Remove Vandin and Quesh Huttball

xKurisaki

• 5 months later...
They did not permanently remove them. Their absence from the queue is temporary, for the devs to try to fix de-sync issues people have reported in both matches. I'd like to see them nixed for good though, and maybe classic huttball too while they're at it. Who plays an MMO to play sports? We have 2K and Madden for that.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Vandin is a good map, I actually prefer to the original as it is also more challenging to score.

Quesh had interesting dynamics, though I can see why some think it is broken.

Fixing HBs to be more competitive would take the following:

1. create a dynamic that once people have the ball speed is slowed a bit -10%, but no speed abilities work (an objective focused operative in a team and none in another is a guaranteed win for example)

2. make a stealth detection on scoring lines, yes stealth can still work away from line but not on the attack line. Like this it is to ****in stupid and lame.

If BW implements these two HB will be more fun and more balanced. At the moment it favours classes more to others.

As for removing maps, I do not think it is healthy to remove content and map variety from the game.

The more PvP maps and content and the more they are varied the more fun PvP is.

They need to fix the maps and game performance before bringing either back. Even original Hutt Ball seems to be getting worse again for me in performance, especially at max lvl 75. In lowbies the performance is great, in mids it gets worse and lv 75l has a significant decrease in performance.