R-4 Anomaly Operation and Manaan Daily Area on PTS

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

PTS for 7.1 is here! In this phase, you will have the opportunity to test out the R-4 Anomaly Operation in its entirety alongside the Manaan Daily area.

There’s a lot of info we want to share with you all with not only 7.1 PTS, but for game update 7.1 in general, so please be sure to read through the following posts carefully before diving into PTS.

Now let’s move onto the new stuff! A never before seen boss has been added to the Operation. Lady Dominique joins IP-CPT, Watchdog, and Lord Kannoth as the next and final boss for the R-4 Operation. As noted in the PTS blog, Lady Dominique will be available only in Story Mode. Veteran mode will be available in the next build.

In this phase of PTS, there are a couple of special notes players should know:

• Augments will work in level shifted content
  • Stat scaling in level shift: Alacrity, Accuracy, and Shield Chance are no longer being scaled down when you're shifted down (this does not apply in PvP)

To access the Operation, follow the steps below:

• Copy your level 80 character over to the Public Test Server.
  • Head to Mek-Sha's Slugfall Harbor area.
  • The northernmost ship dock will have a PTS Gear Vendor to get you equipped for the Operation. The entrance to which will be located at the end of the same pier.

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE DAILY AREA. Players must copy a character that has completed the 7.0 story to play the Manaan Daily Area. This is a known issue and will be fixed in the next build.

To access the Manaan Daily Area, follow the steps below:

• Via the Galaxy Map, travel to the Manaan Invasion Zone
  • Near the base where you land, you should see a mission board next to the taxi stand. This will have all the available missions for you to try out

Here is a list of feedback threads that you can use to provide your thoughts on the bosses and the Manaan Daily Area.

As always, please read through the Known Issues/Changelog post before going on the PTS to try out the new content.

Edited by JackieKo

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE DAILY AREA. Players must copy a character that has completed the 7.0 story to play the Manaan Daily Area. This is a known issue and will be fixed in the next build.

Is this only a "known issue" for PTS? Or will this be a requirement on Live as well once 7.1 comes out?

Is this only a "known issue" for PTS? Or will this be a requirement on Live as well once 7.1 comes out?

I'd imagine its going to be for a bigger pool of players than just those who have completed 7.0 or it'll be quieter than Iokath on a Summers day.

We are currently in the operation instance but the elevator to get to the first boss is missing, I'm assuming it is bugged. Also, we did not have to download any new patch in the launcher, aka we are still using the patch from March 29. Edited by Jerba

Hi everyone,

Now let’s move onto the new stuff! A never before seen boss has been added to the Operation. Lady Dominique joins IP-CPT, Watchdog, and Lord Kannoth as the next and final boss for the R-4 Operation. As noted in the PTS blog, Lady Dominique will be available only in Story Mode. Veteran mode will be available in the next build.

Hi Jackie,

When you say that Lady Dominique is the "next and final boss" do you mean that we will see on the PTS, or for the operation overall? Has the scope of the operation changed since the Legacy of the Sith announcement to go from a total of 5 bosses down to 4 bosses?

Lady Dominique joins IP-CPT, Watchdog, and Lord Kannoth as the next and final boss for the R-4 Operation.

So uhhh what happened to the 5th boss? Did you guys just get rid of it after having 6+ months to work on it?

Edited by SpikesShayGrass

• Dev Post

Hi again,

For those who did not originally receive a patch for the launcher, can you please log out of the launcher then log back in? You should be receiving a patch at this time. Please report here if you do not!

Thanks!

Hi again,

For those who did not originally receive a patch for the launcher, can you please log out of the launcher then log back in? You should be receiving a patch at this time. Please report here if you do not!

Thanks!

We just downloaded the patch via the launcher and got back in but the train is still missing. We were able to get to the first boss via jump & run, will keep you posted. https://www.twitch.tv/theeho

Edit: For anyone stuck, the first player needs to do the jump & run puzzle (go straight ahead, click the button to remove the elevator, jump halfway down, then follow the corridor and jump down, then follow the path (avoiding the trash groups). Once you pull the first boss, the train appears and can be used to get to the boss.

Edited by Jerba

In this phase of PTS, there are a couple of special notes players should know:

• Augments will work in level shifted content
  • Stat scaling in level shift: Alacrity, Accuracy, and Shield Chance are no longer being scaled down when you're shifted down (this does not apply in PvP)

One of these isn't true, I'm getting the impression it's the latter. Was messing with some of the gear on Mek-Sha and noticed I wasn't at Accuracy Cap in my original gear, but I was on the live server. Swapped over to confirm that, then swapped back and confirmed that I was in fact under the accuracy cap by about 250 points. Interestingly, the 330 gear that I picked up on Mek-Sha doesn't seem to have this problem and my Accuracy was correct for what it was in that gear. It's only my original 306 gear that has this problem. Tried this on Ziost, Tatooine, and Mek-Sha as well, same result.

The weird thing to me is that it's the same number. Whether I'm on Tython or Mek-Sha, I go from exactly 2692 Accuracy (on the fleet or in a SH) to 2447. So while it does seem like my accuracy is being scaled down, it doesn't seem to be based on the planet I'm on. Is there a stat penalty for wearing pre-7.0 gear on level shifted planets? I know it's not coming from anything like augments or my stim, I've been playing around with the numbers to see and I'm just not getting the full amount of Accuracy from each piece of my gear. Removing my pants on this set, which have 431 Accuracy, should have dropped me to 2016, but they dropped me to 2059. So effectively, I'm only actually getting 388 of the Accuracy I should be getting from that piece.

The biggest question I have after looking through all of this: is this intentional? Are you intentionally penalizing older gear sets in level synced content? If so, why? If you say Accuracy isn't being scaled, it shouldn't be touched.

EDIT: Editing this to add, I checked on another character, and it's happening there as well. Was also able to notice that the amount per piece is the same. So it seems like I'm just having exactly 43 points deducted off the tertiary stats of any 306 gear I wear. Maybe it applies to Endurance/Mastery/Power/Crit too, but there's no solid way to test that since those stats are all intended to be scaled. You're telling us Accuracy and Alacrity shouldn't be, so why are they being lowered?

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

Hello,

We tried R4 Anomaly with my group, since the 1st day of the release on PTS several weeks ago. The operation had potential and seemed in a good direction despite a little release delay. We thought it would consist of a few days, but it's now been 4 months since the release of 7.0 that we've been waiting for the operation, considering that the expansion should have been released in December 2021.

Many players are starting to go round in circles in the game, not to mention the number who abandon the game due to the lack of content, and the little content promised takes several weeks late without any explanation or apology from developers. Now that we have more informations on the future content, we learn the operation won’t have 5 Bosses but only 4. I am in total misunderstanding, just to remember that the operation should have been released in January, how can this happen ? Players who pay for their subscription every month deserve an explanation !

Where is Lord Valeo?

With 1 Boss removed, you plan to release the operation in 1 or even 2 months ? What would have been the delay if this boss had been actually here ? How could such a big delay happen ? From my point of view, it’s not normal to have removed this boss. If he was originally intended in the operation, it means he was necessarily important.

Now let's talk a bit about Lady Dominique, boss that should be innovative. We killed her on the 1st night of her release on the PTS and we were extremely disappointed by the fight. Little innovation, too short, with no intensity. The positive points are the design of the Boss and the room, which are very nice for a final boss. The mechanics are not innovative at all : AoE, Bump, turn the boss, AoE pack... The tank switch in story mode is useless, and even if it wasn’t, I find it boring : stack and swtich, stack and switch, just disconnect the brain. I think I don’t have anything else to say about this boss. I'll wait and see what the fight in HM gives us, but the SM is clearly not at the level we could expect with your promises.

The stuff point, like the others… sorry but is not correct. The SM won’t give any new level of equipment for the players. Ok, why not, but you must consider with all the Nefra NiM, that a large majority of players have a 330 stuff now. For the HM, the higher equipment score which can reach 340 is way too much ! I remind you that you said you won’t rescale any of content throughout 7.0 and the deadlines for having new content are too long. So we’ll reach the 340 ilvl, there are most likely new Augments coming, these 2 elements will make the game content way too easy. But the worst could happen when we will have a new level of equipment when the NiM of R4 Anomaly will be released (if so one day, with ilvl 350 !?). The game balance will be completely broken and the content way too simple. From that momen, if we have to wait another 1 year for a new operation, the game will absolutely not be interesting to play. But is a NiM really considered ?

I really think the game is in danger by the decisions you are taking. The communication is absolutely non-existent, many people have interesting ideas to help but you never solicit or listen to the community which wishes that the game reborns and continues to live ! It's time for a big change now. IT'S THE 10th ANNIVERSARY that you're ruining !

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

We will be taking down PTS soon to prepare for a new iteration to go live later today. I've updated the changelog, so please give it a read so you know what changes were implemented into the new build. .

One special note about Outfitter. The update to 32 slots is part of future changes to Outfitter we intend on making and we're really happy to see it well received. We did, however, find some issues with this change, and we're working on addressing them before bringing this feature back for testing. It is coming in the future, but we want to let players know that as of now, this feature will not be in 7.1.

Thanks!

Hello,

We tried R4 Anomaly with my group, since the 1st day of the release on PTS several weeks ago. The operation had potential and seemed in a good direction despite a little release delay. We thought it would consist of a few days, but it's now been 4 months since the release of 7.0 that we've been waiting for the operation, considering that the expansion should have been released in December 2021.

Many players are starting to go round in circles in the game, not to mention the number who abandon the game due to the lack of content, and the little content promised takes several weeks late without any explanation or apology from developers. Now that we have more informations on the future content, we learn the operation won’t have 5 Bosses but only 4. I am in total misunderstanding, just to remember that the operation should have been released in January, how can this happen ? Players who pay for their subscription every month deserve an explanation !

Where is Lord Valeo?

With 1 Boss removed, you plan to release the operation in 1 or even 2 months ? What would have been the delay if this boss had been actually here ? How could such a big delay happen ? From my point of view, it’s not normal to have removed this boss. If he was originally intended in the operation, it means he was necessarily important.

Now let's talk a bit about Lady Dominique, boss that should be innovative. We killed her on the 1st night of her release on the PTS and we were extremely disappointed by the fight. Little innovation, too short, with no intensity. The positive points are the design of the Boss and the room, which are very nice for a final boss. The mechanics are not innovative at all : AoE, Bump, turn the boss, AoE pack... The tank switch in story mode is useless, and even if it wasn’t, I find it boring : stack and swtich, stack and switch, just disconnect the brain. I think I don’t have anything else to say about this boss. I'll wait and see what the fight in HM gives us, but the SM is clearly not at the level we could expect with your promises.

The stuff point, like the others… sorry but is not correct. The SM won’t give any new level of equipment for the players. Ok, why not, but you must consider with all the Nefra NiM, that a large majority of players have a 330 stuff now. For the HM, the higher equipment score which can reach 340 is way too much ! I remind you that you said you won’t rescale any of content throughout 7.0 and the deadlines for having new content are too long. So we’ll reach the 340 ilvl, there are most likely new Augments coming, these 2 elements will make the game content way too easy. But the worst could happen when we will have a new level of equipment when the NiM of R4 Anomaly will be released (if so one day, with ilvl 350 !?). The game balance will be completely broken and the content way too simple. From that momen, if we have to wait another 1 year for a new operation, the game will absolutely not be interesting to play. But is a NiM really considered ?

I really think the game is in danger by the decisions you are taking. The communication is absolutely non-existent, many people have interesting ideas to help but you never solicit or listen to the community which wishes that the game reborns and continues to live ! It's time for a big change now. IT'S THE 10th ANNIVERSARY that you're ruining !

Alright. Time for a Pres post

When it comes to delays on content, I don't think we should be complaining. When Bioware rushes content is when it comes out with a ton of bugs. Trust me, give them the time they need so that we can get something that's fun. When it comes to R-4, please for the love of god give them time. Remember, Dxun was released with 6.0, and that raid remained a buggy mess all the way through nightmare. Let them do whatever they need to do to make R-4 the best raid it can be, I'd rather wait for a great raid then not wait and get a barely clearable mess.

Here's my opinion on Valeo next. I know we all miss Valeo, but removing him was the right choice. Here's what we knew about him, he was going to take place in a similar arena to the first boss of Umbara, and there were many clickable objects as well. TLDR: This fight was gonna be laggy, and it was gonna be very buggy, and all around not a great time. It was an ambitious boss, and it would be really cool if we could see it, (Maybe even as a Nightmare only boss). They made the right choice to not include him, the raid is much improved if every boss works.

Let's talk about the endboss now. It is on its first iteration on PTS, much is likely to change so being all "this fight bad" is frankly just pure idiocy. Currently, since it is also a SM boss, it dies during its early phases, meaning you actually never get to see the mechanics that make the fight quite a bit more complex. You can also clear storymode without even doing the mechanics. It will improve in HM, trust.

340 gear. I mean this just means I can do sales again. When it comes to power level, 340 gear STILL won't make us even close to as powerful as we were in 6.0, meaning everything for the fact of the matter is still fine in terms of scaling. Sure it will be easier, but it still will be harder than it was in last expansion. Another reminder, in 5.0 we went from 242 max to 258 max throughout the expansion, and even with that the 6.0 expansion was still easier. Augments will obviously increase our output too, but like I said, whatever. I wouldn't worry about not getting NiM either, we always get NiM, they plan to do NiM. Gods wasn't supposed to get a NiM and it did anyways, Dxun had one planned from the start, and as is R-4. I trust we will get nightmare, the HM fights are built in a way to where we know they have room to add things for NiM.

The devs communicate, your last statement is objectively false for the most part. Surely it can be improved, but they do talk. I've gotten many of my ideas into the game by this point, and many of them were a big deal. I did this by giving my opinions as not a forum babyrage. I assure you this game is currently fine, people are just taking breaks until 7.1, and they will be back for 7.1 and beyond.

Hi everyone,

We will be taking down PTS soon to prepare for a new iteration to go live later today. I've updated the changelog, so please give it a read so you know what changes were implemented into the new build. .

One special note about Outfitter. The update to 32 slots is part of future changes to Outfitter we intend on making and we're really happy to see it well received. We did, however, find some issues with this change, and we're working on addressing them before bringing this feature back for testing. It is coming in the future, but we want to let players know that as of now, this feature will not be in 7.1.

Thanks!

Hey Jackie. Any chance we can get an update on this? At least to let us know if this is intended or not?

One of these isn't true, I'm getting the impression it's the latter. Was messing with some of the gear on Mek-Sha and noticed I wasn't at Accuracy Cap in my original gear, but I was on the live server. Swapped over to confirm that, then swapped back and confirmed that I was in fact under the accuracy cap by about 250 points. Interestingly, the 330 gear that I picked up on Mek-Sha doesn't seem to have this problem and my Accuracy was correct for what it was in that gear. It's only my original 306 gear that has this problem. Tried this on Ziost, Tatooine, and Mek-Sha as well, same result.

The weird thing to me is that it's the same number. Whether I'm on Tython or Mek-Sha, I go from exactly 2692 Accuracy (on the fleet or in a SH) to 2447. So while it does seem like my accuracy is being scaled down, it doesn't seem to be based on the planet I'm on. Is there a stat penalty for wearing pre-7.0 gear on level shifted planets? I know it's not coming from anything like augments or my stim, I've been playing around with the numbers to see and I'm just not getting the full amount of Accuracy from each piece of my gear. Removing my pants on this set, which have 431 Accuracy, should have dropped me to 2016, but they dropped me to 2059. So effectively, I'm only actually getting 388 of the Accuracy I should be getting from that piece.

The biggest question I have after looking through all of this: is this intentional? Are you intentionally penalizing older gear sets in level synced content? If so, why? If you say Accuracy isn't being scaled, it shouldn't be touched.

EDIT: Editing this to add, I checked on another character, and it's happening there as well. Was also able to notice that the amount per piece is the same. So it seems like I'm just having exactly 43 points deducted off the tertiary stats of any 306 gear I wear. Maybe it applies to Endurance/Mastery/Power/Crit too, but there's no solid way to test that since those stats are all intended to be scaled. You're telling us Accuracy and Alacrity shouldn't be, so why are they being lowered?

• Dev Post

Hey Jackie. Any chance we can get an update on this? At least to let us know if this is intended or not?

Hi The-Kaitou-Kid,

Everything you are experiencing is working as intended. The decrease is tied to gear rating and the level of a character.

For example, if you had 306 gear, you would not see the decrease on a level 75 character (or even up to a level 78 character). But at level 80, you'll need to be wearing at least 318 rated gear to avoid the "old gear" penalty in Level Sync. This penalty exists to encourage players to upgrade their gear to be appropriate for their current level and to discourage the use of old gear in Level Sync to gain unintended benefits from the system.

I hope that offers some clarity.

Hi The-Kaitou-Kid,

Everything you are experiencing is working as intended. The decrease is tied to gear rating and the level of a character.

For example, if you had 306 gear, you would not see the decrease on a level 75 character (or even up to a level 78 character). But at level 80, you'll need to be wearing at least 318 rated gear to avoid the "old gear" penalty in Level Sync. This penalty exists to encourage players to upgrade their gear to be appropriate for their current level and to discourage the use of old gear in Level Sync to gain unintended benefits from the system.

I hope that offers some clarity.

If Accuracy and Alacrity aren't being level synced anymore, though, no benefits would be gained from the system for those stats, so you're just penalizing people for not going through the gear grind. If my gears gives me stats that aren't being synced, I should keep those stats, I shouldn't be penalized for not being in "new" gear. That's ridiculous.

I'm guessing this was tied to the PVP issues people noticed where 306 gear was better than 326, but this was the laziest way to handle that. Instead of fixing level sync to handle 326 better, you just arbitrarily penalized 306 gear and then didn't at least undo it for Accuracy and Alacrity when they got uncapped. No previous expansion has done this, why is it being done now?

And more importantly, why weren't we told about this before? Why did I have to do all of this testing and find this out myself? The way things are on the live server, there's no way anybody could have noticed this was happening, so we only get confirmation of it when you get called out on it when you made a change that kept you from hiding it anymore. I hate to be harsh like this but this is a massive communication failure. There's no reason for something like this to not be clearly communicated to the players, you're intentionally reducing the effectiveness of our armor below what it should be (since Accuracy and Alacrity aren't capped anymore, they should be what they are at all times, that was the whole point of uncapping them, was it not?).