Light and Dark Side Tokens in 7.0 - how?

Sarova

Now that Light v Dark side is gone and there's no more renown, how are we supposed to earn Light or Dark Side tokens? They are still required to buy items from the Galactic Command vendors on the PTS even though GC is defunct in 7.0. Will the GC vendors be switched to sell these items for credits instead of tokens? What's the plan?

The vendor will still sell items for tokens. They will probably give us a new way of getting those items down the road.

Really? Do you have a link to where you found this info? It seems ridiculous to me to launch 7.0 with a vendor still selling items for a currency that's not available to earn by any method in the game. It would make more sense to keep the dark or light level requirement and make the items buyable with credits.

Really? Do you have a link to where you found this info? It seems ridiculous to me to launch 7.0 with a vendor still selling items for a currency that's not available to earn by any method in the game. It would make more sense to keep the dark or light level requirement and make the items buyable with credits.

They've always done it this way. There are still vendors selling items for a currency we can't get anymore.

But yes it was mentioned in a dev post somewhere.

They said in one post awhile back that while they plan on bringing back the Dark Vs Light bosses later on, even tho they intend to remove them when 7.0 comes out. That makes it reasonable to think they'll bring back the Dark Vs light currency as well at that time.

One of the earlier posts about all of the changes said they plan on having a new way to earn DvL tokens in the future, but they haven't decided how yet. If they don't even have a plan yet, don't expect it any time soon. I just hope there is a solo path since 7.0 is really short on solo rewards.

They've always done it this way. There are still vendors selling items for a currency we can't get anymore.

But yes it was mentioned in a dev post somewhere.

I don't know of any vendors doing this. What am I missing?

They said in one post awhile back that while they plan on bringing back the Dark Vs Light bosses later on, even tho they intend to remove them when 7.0 comes out. That makes it reasonable to think they'll bring back the Dark Vs light currency as well at that time.

Given that it can take years for things to be actioned in this game, it makes sense to remove the vendors until they re-introduce the currency.

Edited by Sarova

I don't know of any vendors doing this. What am I missing?

Given that it can take years for things to be actioned in this game, it makes sense to remove the vendors until they re-introduce the currency.

Companion gift vendors and the legacy ones in DK/Coruscant I think.

They want people who come back with an old currency to actually be able to use it. I see nothing wrong with that..

Like they said they would revamp Seeker Droid in Ossus update? Or like they said they would introduce something to replace Ops-passes 5 years ago?

The reasonable thing would be to assume they will remove the means to earn the tokens in 7.0 and then either take YEARS to add some new way earn the currency OR they will never actually follow through with it.

Edited by Pietrastor

Like they said they would revamp Seeker Droid in Ossus update? Or like they said they would introduce something to replace Ops-passes 5 years ago?

The reasonable thing would be to assume they will remove the means to earn the tokens in 7.0 and then either take YEARS to add some new way earn the currency OR they will never actually follow through with it.

I never once remember them claiming to revamp the Seeker droid, or replacing Ops passes.

I think they should make the Seeker H4 soloable, and the same for Microbinocular, but I don't remember them claiming they'd do so.

Edit: I think they should never replace the Ops passes however. Doing Operations, and getting rid of the credit cap are 2 of the best incentives to subscribe to the game.

Edited by Toraak

• 1 month later...
I too would like to know what the plan is to earn more of these tokens. Either spell it out, or make the items from the DvL vendors available for credits. It is ridiculous to not have a plan to earn these tokens at 7.0 launch. The player base has no confidence in the Devs doing what they say they are going to do. It took nearly three years to provide us with the cosmetics vendor that we were promised for Galactic Command armors, why should we believe we are going to see the return of these tokens anytime soon. I for one buy the mounts on every toon I have as I reach the required number of Light Side or Dark Side tokens. I also purchase the Arkaan customizations for my toons that have him as a companion. This vendor is the only place to acquire said customization. Please, move the timetable up for re-introduction of these tokens to the game.

• 1 month later...
So my big question is I'm a returning player (started in 2012) and logging into my then played character i'm level 37 with Light V (Light 5) sitting at 58,300 and never seen a single token is there any way to get them now or is it completely removed as some of them armor sets look hella cool ....

• 2 months later...

How about get rid of the tokens and change it back to light/dark rank. The fact the only two customizations for Arcann are on these venders and no longer obtainable for new players or those grinding alts through kotfe/kotet. If Bioware was smart, they would just create specialized customizations for Arcann that fit his 2.5 body style and cybernetics. Bundle them in a package and sell them on the CM.

Another thing is maybe these DvL customizations should be added as a reward for completing kotfe/kotet. You get both or at least the ability to choose which one you want on each character. I mean we get an armor set for theron shan at the end of nathema and he is a killable main character. Why not Arcann?

At this rate it might be 2030 before anything is done.

• 2 months later...
Yes, I'd like to be able to buy these for credits now that the DS/LS stuff is unobtainable. Make it so!

:(

I think this is the easiest, and most logical choice they could make, on this... and it should be implemented.

Especially with inflation being what it is - putting more product out there that will soak up some of these overabundant credits in the economy can't be a bad thing.

• 9 months later...

With the confirmation in June 2023 that EA is moving the support (and future) of  SWTOR from Bioware to third party Broadsword Online, a number of hoped-for things is now up in the air. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 3:07 PM, Sarova said:

It's been more than 2 years since you posted this. And there are still no lightside or darkside tokens available. So your initial pessimism was well warranted!