Computer specs.

CrushTheJedi

Hi everyone, I’m having to buy a new laptop as my previous one died on me. I’m here to ask whether the one I have found is good enough to run SWTOR. The laptop is not only to play SWTOR it’s for work also.

Here are the specs on the laptop I have found:

Intel® Core™ i5-1035G1 Processor

- Quad-core

- 1.0 / 3.6 GHz

- 6 MB cache

- 8 GB DDR4

- 256 GB SSD

Would that be acceptable to run SWTOR and complete jobs for work?

Thank you.

Run yes!

Not sure what your budget is but today you should get something better when getting something new. The SSD is quite small. If u put in an operating system, swtor and maybe pts you will be almost full. More memory for sure and what about graphics?

- Quad-core

- 1.0 / 3.6 GHz

- 6 MB cache

- 8 GB DDR4

- 256 GB SSD

Hard to say because:

* You didn't say what GPU it has, which inclines me to think it's e.g. an Intel UHD of some sort using shared memory, both of which make for a poor gaming experience. (The i5-1035G1 does, according to Intel's Ark site, have a UHD...)

* You don't say what kind of work you're doing with it. If you're doing high-end video editing, for example, it will suck *hard* (not enough memory, slowish CPU, small SSD, etc.).

* You don't say what level of SWTOR performance you are willing to accept.

Hi everyone, I’m having to buy a new laptop as my previous one died on me. I’m here to ask whether the one I have found is good enough to run SWTOR. The laptop is not only to play SWTOR it’s for work also.

Here are the specs on the laptop I have found:

- Quad-core

- 1.0 / 3.6 GHz

- 6 MB cache

- 8 GB DDR4

- 256 GB SSD

Off-hand, I'd say your SWTOR experience would be less than ideal. The 1GHz base clock is way too low for SWTOR, so it would be a matter of how long it could boost to around 3.6GHz without overheating. And it may spend some time bouncing between clock rates, making game performance erratic.

The integrated graphics will suck also.

As far as work is concerned, it depends upon what work you're doing. Practically any computer can handle basic Office tasks. But you wouldn't want to do any serious media editing with such a rig.

You might be better off finding an AMD based laptop around the same price.