Very Bad server performance in MM DF

MaximusRex

Board_Fan_Boiz: "IT'S ALL ON YOUR END!"

Actually, it's in the middle. Many people don't seem to understand that there are many hubs and routers between you and any internet site. If a hub goes flaky, it can cause problems for people - specifically the people who's routing goes through the flaky hub. Which is why only some of the people in the OP's group were having problems.

The internet does not consist of "you at one end" and a long wire between you and "the internet". It's more like a city with many routes going many places.

I know how routing works.

I can play a PLETHORA of other games, while DLing something from Steam. No issues other than some slight latency. (110-120ms) SWTOR?

21000 ms latency.

If you know how routing works then you know that your route to "a plethora of other games" is NOT necessarily the same as the route to SWTOR. 🙄

Just like your bus route to school is not the same as the bus route to your favorite Bar. 🙂

If you know how routing works then you know that your route to "a plethora of other games" is NOT necessarily the same as the route to SWTOR. 🙄

Just like your bus route to school is not the same as the bus route to your favorite Bar. 🙂

although it might indicate that the location of the server is in a bad place (not a lot of highways pass by that neighborhood to continue the metaphor?).

I'm regularly lagging behind. what I see on the screen is regularly 5-10 yards behind what's actually happening on the server. that's huge when it comes to picking up a medpack, interrupting, or hitting a CC. anyway, it's quite frustrating. my ping is fine. 7ms-35ms. but it's standard that my screen shows me two steps ahead of someone for a buff on the ground, but the person ends up with the buff and is a step ahead of me.

iunno. I've looked at CPU activity. ping. it's infuriating. wouldn't a routing problem show a ping spike? or a consistently higher ping?

Edited by CheesyEZ