Starting Iokath (spoilers)

Vego_Mohenjo

So, I just started Iokath, and fought past that STUPID mission to fight the team of three big saucer head droids that continuously yank you back and forth across the map over and over and over (until I finally left the game because I couldn't get to the doodads I needed to use to make them vulnerable).

I then went into the alliance camp and talk to the Empire and Republic leaders who both want the superweapon on the planet. I'm then presented with a choice, side with the Republic, or side with the Empire.

Really, no third choice? How about NEITHER of them should have the weapon? How about siding with the ALLIANCE I spent 25 chapters building?

So, unsure what the consequences of this choice would be, I did a little looking online, and found very little. So, I'm asking here. What EXACTLY are the consequences of this choice? Are there companions that would become unavailable? Are there story points I'll miss out on, depending on the faction?

I've already had the romance I'd spent YEARS waiting to play broken by a damn bug, I don't want anything ELSE screwed up.

The side you pick in the war for Iokath will impact the leadership of the other side.

If you side with the Empire, Jace Malcom will die, whereas if you choose the Republic, Acina will die and be succeeded by Darth Vowrawn.

If you're worried about a particular companion, I would just look up a guide online to reacquiring that particular companion and make sure you meet the requirements. If you want to know about each and every one... I guess you might have to look up each and every one.

Some info there, that's good thanks.

However, it's still a bit vague on some points, such as whether it locks out any companions or story points.

The only thing it does is taking Elana Lorne away if you're a trooper and pick Empire.

Well... Even though I'm a consular, I'm inclined to try to work with the Empire, because I'm trying to build an alliance after all. Add to that the apparent corruption in the Republic, and the fact that they may come around more easily afterwards than the Empire would, and I'm more inclined to send them packing... if I must choose. If choosing the Republic also means killing Acina... well, she's too cute to kill off... and we did go adventuring together. Does she (or scarface) become a companion at any point?

However, I'm concerned at the possibility of locking out companions... but I don't know which ones might be locked out.

In particular, I'm concerned at missing some other possible romances. The romance plots are possibly my favourite part of the game, but as a Consular, I didn't really get one. Nadia is bland as dry toast, too young and introduced too late to have any kind of engaging romance, so I started romancing Lana... but there's a bug in the game and it broke the romance unrecoverably, so I have to hope there might be a romance possible with one of the OTHER companions, perhaps Kira or Vette. I don't believe there is presently, but it would be nice if they could add something later.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

There's no romancing a Class Companion of a Class you're not playing. It is a complaint among those who care, but there are no true romance stories after Fallen Empire. If you reunite with a Class Companion in an Alert or one who appears after Fallen Empire you can resume a romance you had or maybe start one depending on circumstances including gender. There's no follow through romance scenes. You get heavy romance scenes with Lana or Theron in Eternal Throne/Fallen Empire and some with Koth. Afterwards you will get some scenes with Lana or Theron, but less frequent until nothing, as of yet, with the current latest story about Malgus. Even if there's no dialogue people have been saying they want to at least see their romantic partner waiting for them in their ship's quarters or something. Wake up in the same bed. Even if only romantic letters in the mail. Something. Anything. They aren't doing it.

Ya, I realize that. What I meant was, I didn't want to find myself unable to get a companion that they might add a romance plot to at some point in the future. I mean, suppose they decided to add a romance to Acina, but you chose to work with the Republic, and isn't available to you.

Really though, the romance plots are fun, but only until they completely stop. My Trooper married Elara, but she still calls him sir, and talks only business. All the romances end that way, a marriage and they never talk to each other again. It's disappointing, perhaps they'll add recurring dialogs that appear from time to time (similar to how Vette will keep bugging the Warrior to remove her shock collar if he doesn't do it).

Ya, I realize that. What I meant was, I didn't want to find myself unable to get a companion that they might add a romance plot to at some point in the future. I mean, suppose they decided to add a romance to Acina, but you chose to work with the Republic, and isn't available to you.

Really though, the romance plots are fun, but only until they completely stop. My Trooper married Elara, but she still calls him sir, and talks only business. All the romances end that way, a marriage and they never talk to each other again. It's disappointing, perhaps they'll add recurring dialogs that appear from time to time (similar to how Vette will keep bugging the Warrior to remove her shock collar if he doesn't do it).

Actually you still get a romance with Torian ( Bless them) after words in the Kotet and Kotfe story lines , not sure if we will with Theron. They better after all the turmoil we had to go through :mad: but yeah there is a few. The rest you might as well throw away.

Actually you still get a romance with Torian ( Bless them) after words in the Kotet and Kotfe story lines , not sure if we will with Theron. They better after all the turmoil we had to go through :mad: but yeah there is a few. The rest you might as well throw away.

You get romance scenes with Theron after Fallen Empire. You even get them after the Incident if you play the game properly and marry him. Not in every story, but some of them.