Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does Lana Beniko romance bug still occurs? If so, how can I avoid it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Does Lana Beniko romance bug still occurs? If so, how can I avoid it?

geomarleyboy
01.22.2022 , 11:56 PM | #21
I got a similar bug! I initiated romance with Lana - got the message box and accepted after speaking to her privately. Then I checked the character description for Lana to check for the relationship status - it was there until I finished the chapter and now it is gone! And I haven't had any romantic dialogue Qs since!

SteveTheCynic
01.23.2022 , 04:57 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by geomarleyboy View Post
I got a similar bug! I initiated romance with Lana - got the message box and accepted after speaking to her privately. Then I checked the character description for Lana to check for the relationship status - it was there until I finished the chapter and now it is gone! And I haven't had any romantic dialogue Qs since!
Is this a "boosted-to-70-at-creation" character? (Same thing for old "boosted-to-65" characters.)

If so, you are effectively on your character's *second* play-through of KotFE, so you can't make lasting changes to the outcomes. (They'll show up while you are *in* a chapter, but disappear as soon as you go in to the next one.)

If it's not that, you'll have to give a bit of background, what you played through, in what order (roughly), that sort of stuff. (The other thing that it could be is getting to level 70 by some other means and taking the mission Inflection Point from your ship's mission console. A start-at-70 character has effectively done that.)
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

geomarleyboy
01.23.2022 , 08:06 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Is this a "boosted-to-70-at-creation" character? (Same thing for old "boosted-to-65" characters.)

If so, you are effectively on your character's *second* play-through of KotFE, so you can't make lasting changes to the outcomes. (They'll show up while you are *in* a chapter, but disappear as soon as you go in to the next one.)

If it's not that, you'll have to give a bit of background, what you played through, in what order (roughly), that sort of stuff. (The other thing that it could be is getting to level 70 by some other means and taking the mission Inflection Point from your ship's mission console. A start-at-70 character has effectively done that.)
Yeah - it is exactly that, boosted to lvl 50 - ran the KOTFE campaign up until Lana romance - finished the chapter, skipped to onslaught and it deleted the romance even though I had already locked in. Think because I didn't finish the whole story line it re wrote everything I had actually done. I find that quite ironic considering the support team say they can't overwrite anything but I literally overwrote my own locked in decisions myself XD Your replies are really good btw, been reading them for ages without posting.

SteveTheCynic
01.24.2022 , 02:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by geomarleyboy View Post
Yeah - it is exactly that, boosted to lvl 50 - ran the KOTFE campaign up until Lana romance - finished the chapter, skipped to onslaught and it deleted the romance even though I had already locked in. Think because I didn't finish the whole story line it re wrote everything I had actually done. I find that quite ironic considering the support team say they can't overwrite anything but I literally overwrote my own locked in decisions myself XD Your replies are really good btw, been reading them for ages without posting.
Ah, yes. You got bitten by what are sometimes called "save points". This thread from 2019 explains them well:

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=958655

That said, when you say "finished the chapter", did you mean "and began the chapter after it"? (Chapter X, where you recruit
Spoiler
) The end of Chapter IX is supposed to be a "hard save point" that permanently records previous decisions, but...

Chapter IX ends when Chapter X begins, so you have to talk to Senya and then follow the cinematics that link it to Chapter X, then arrive on Zakuul.

It may be that they changed where the hard save points are since 2019, of course, although I find that ... unlikely.
Something you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
Latest patch notes at http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes