2020 Greetings from Keith!

KeithKanneg

umm HOTH = my favorite planet and i've been wanting a SH something there forever!

And yes i'm being serious....and yes that probably explains a lot about me, eh? :D

( *coughs* The Empire Strikes Back is still the best ever )

I would rather have SH on Ilum. Or nighttime version of Hoth.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please dear god can we have proper divergence of the story for imperials and Republic.

6.0 was an okay story for one faction, but play them back-to back on opposing sides and it's pretty much all the same, especially when you get to Mek Sha. - What are the chances having to persuade Veek and Indigo to support your vote on both factions, for it to lead to exactly the same FP and then for Tau and Malgus being cornered in exactly the same place and doing what they did with the same ambiguous result?

Storytelling is going to have to improve many times over to make continuing with this credulity-stretched saga actually worth doing.

Story progression every quarter. - pretty poor work-rate as well, considering that I can write 5-8K words of illustrated fiction almost every week as well as having a family and a full time job.

2/10 : Could do better.

Exactly, Keith's second post says nothing more than his first, but just uses less words to say next to nothing.

How is it the Lead Producer can make two posts that essentially between them say NOTHING CONCRETE AT ALL as his first two posts of the New Year; but seeming has no interest in commenting on what has been the single biggest issue since the last content drop - the disastrous state of T11 Crafting?

It is almost like Keith has buried his head in the sand on that issue and is simply hoping if he ignores it for long enough it will go away - which is pretty much par for the course with this game.

I genuinely thought it would be impossible for Keith to be less useful to the community than the last Lead producer - but once again Bioware Austin prove there is no barrel they won't dig the bottom out of to sink to new lows.

All The Best

Don't you think you are sliiiiightly exaggerating here?

umm HOTH = my favorite planet and i've been wanting a SH something there forever!

And yes i'm being serious....and yes that probably explains a lot about me, eh? :D

( *coughs* The Empire Strikes Back is still the best ever )

or better yet, the start planets stronghold. would love a Tython and Korriban stronghold.

Many players are concerned since they feeling lack of content to play. And this lacking comes from unfair rewarding system where there are no mats or other carrots for doing team ranked, solo ranked, NiM ops etc while flash points (specifically hummer station or redreaper) granting fast gearing progression. Returning back to mats/fast gearing progression for running end game content could help players to vary the content they play.

Huh? You get mats and rewards for doing pvp though.

-Snip-

Thanks Charles! You gave enough details to perk up my interest a bit. Love me some Vector! Is there any hope Darth Rivix is attractive? I know that's shallow of me, but there has been an on going trend for attractive female npcs to get introduced while all of the males are "interesting".

Now, if you guys could find your way to give some little details about the QoL updates we will be getting...

I'm going to bet that not one of these 1-on-1 moments last any longer that 2 minutes.

All The Best

I'm just glad they are giving a couple of class companions some interaction because I did more or less demand it:

The team is always excited & I understand it's your job to be hyped about your creation. After everything from kotfe onwards, my expectations of being excited by any update are limited. I will be excited if I see:

1. acknowledgement of all the bugs we've reported, especially those related to strongholds
  2. fixes for all the bugs we've reported or an explanation for those that can't be fixed
  3. any update that includes interactions with our original class companions/class companion romances
  4. customisations for the two returning companions in Iokath
  5. a CM crafting token to instantly level a crafting or gathering skill to 600 as part of the Master's Datacron bundle or as an individual token for use with a lvl 70 character only. I'd throw money at this as I am always making boosted alts
  6. Zenith's plausible return (that doesn't involve being imprisoned/knocked unconscious/out of touch with reality/the galaxy for a year/years). Having to break him out of carbonite prison might work
  7. stop making me run story content with companions I'd rather force push off a cliff

Even if it's just two minutes, it gives hope that there will be additional 1-on-1s with our other old (e.g. Quinn) and new (e.g. Arcann & Koth) who have disappeared off into that gap between galaxies...or somewhere.

As Keith mentioned, 6.1 will be followed by 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. After that, our next story beat will come in Game Update 6.2: The One Where Crazy Stuff Happens*. Since it’s still in the works and a bit further out, I won’t go into nearly as much detail, and I’m going to put just about everything in spoiler tags just in case. But the TL;DR is that 6.2 will deal directly with the situation Kira and Scourge bring to light at the end of Onslaught.

*Definitely the final, confirmed update name.

Specifically, 6.2 will deal with Satele Shan, her followers, and whatever is up with Tenebrae’s last weapon/ritual/nefarious plan…

• Just to get it out of the way: no, Valkorion isn’t becoming the main villain of the game again.
  • That said, I am hoping to include several faces we haven’t seen in a while.
  • While the story of this update was introduced as an epilogue to Onslaught, I actually view it as more of an epilogue to Knights of the Eternal Throne.
  • I have actually seen at least one person on the internet guess a few of the crazier details, so enjoy debating who’s on the right track :)
  • Seriously, it’s gonna get weird, so buckle up!

My crazy theory about 6.2 included

Theron -spelt the stupid way- somehow being raised from the dead through some madness sith style ritual Satele decided to try which is why they all ended up with "emperor plague". And a title like "The One Where Crazy Stuff Happens" (albeit fake) is purely Theron speak so I better be right

I really like the new Tauntaun mount freebie btw. It's the first free mount I've liked!

And +1 for Hoth Stronghold please (but don't make it massive)

Edited by Sarova

Hey folks!

Thought I’d hop in and add a bit about the story elements in our upcoming releases. I’ll spoiler tag anything that I think might be too specific, but if you want to know absolutely nothing, maybe just skip this post entirely :)

Game Update 6.1 will include a small story beat around the size of Hearts and Minds. Specifically, this will be about checking in with the newly-formed factional groups – Task Force Nova for Republic players, and the Hand for Imperials – and making some initial decisions to guide them as they’re getting ramped up (including Saboteur options for those so inclined). For Imperials, this also means meeting your new liaison, Darth Rivix – he was a lot of fun to write, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s reactions.

The update will also include a few other small scenes, including:

• A check-in with Kira and Scourge, setting up the story for Game Update 6.2 (more on that below)
  • Troopers will have a 1-on-1 with Elara Dorne
  • Agents will have a 1-on-1 with Vector
  • And lastly…
    characters on each side will get small hints at what’s going on with Darth Malgus from two different perspectives

As Keith mentioned, 6.1 will be followed by 6.1.1 and 6.1.2. After that, our next story beat will come in Game Update 6.2: The One Where Crazy Stuff Happens*. Since it’s still in the works and a bit further out, I won’t go into nearly as much detail, and I’m going to put just about everything in spoiler tags just in case. But the TL;DR is that 6.2 will deal directly with the situation Kira and Scourge bring to light at the end of Onslaught.

Specifically, 6.2 will deal with Satele Shan, her followers, and whatever is up with Tenebrae’s last weapon/ritual/nefarious plan…

• Just to get it out of the way: no, Valkorion isn’t becoming the main villain of the game again.
  • While the story of this update was introduced as an epilogue to Onslaught, I actually view it as more of an epilogue to Knights of the Eternal Throne.
  • I have actually seen at least one person on the internet guess a few of the crazier details, so enjoy debating who’s on the right track :)

Beyond that, in addition to the content, features, and quality-of-life improvements Keith mentioned that we’re looking to add past 6.1.2 and 6.2, you can expect the storyline that started with Jedi Under Siege and Onslaught to continue through our updates the rest of this year and beyond. After all, we’re in our ninth year, and our tenth anniversary is just around the corner--a very exciting time for SWTOR to be sure!

:mon_cool:

One of the things in 6.2 (and upcoming storyline updates) I genuinely hope for is that there will be more romance stuff between new characters and/or just old ones (like Lana, Tharon - yea I'm a romance trash, can't help but to adore these characters and their romance routes).

And thank god that Valkorion isn't the main villain again, would've been weird...

Hey everyone,

Happy 2020! It has been a little while since my last post and I wanted to kick the year off with a bit of an update. Before I do, I really want to say Thank You to everyone who has stayed with us and have joined us to play SWTOR. It’s been very exciting to see so many players on beginning and core worlds, participating with older expansion content, and joining us on Ossus, Onderon, Mek-Sha and Corellia. I continue to play the game a lot as I believe it’s vitally important to have the same type of experiences as our players. This enables me to leverage what I learn which helps guide future changes with our game.

I know a big question on your mind is, what is coming next? Here is a quick look at my thoughts on what is coming soon, and in the future:

• Tomorrow! – The Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun will kick off of as a “February” sub-reward. Be a subscriber at any time before Feb 29, starting tomorrow, and you will have the Tauntaun waiting for you in your in-game inbox.
  • Game Update 6.1 – Many of you had the chance to check out the Alderaan Stronghold and the upcoming class changes on PTS, and we really appreciate the feedback you provided. I am happy to announce (barring any emergencies), Game Update 6.1 will launch on Tuesday, February 11th.
  • Game Update 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 – Our next two game updates are currently scheduled to be pretty quick on the heels of 6.1. You should expect to see these updates in the next couple of months after 6.1 is live. They will include some new quality of life changes for Conquests, more class changes, Master Mode Dxun, and more! Stay tuned to the PTS forum for more details on specifically what is coming in each update.
  • 2020 – The team is working on a lot of exciting things for this year. We will really have a big focus on quality of life, updated stories, PvP improvements and much, much more. We want to ensure your time in SWTOR is very enjoyable by having plenty of activities, goals, and rewards.
  • Star Wars Celebration- Right now we are also looking forward to this year’s SW Celebration! We are planning to have a Cantina there and would love to see you all in person. We’ll have some cool announcements, swag, and many SWTOR developers available for you to meet.
  • 2021 – SWTOR’s 10th year! This seems like a great target to work towards doing something major…more to come, of course, but I wanted you to know we’re already starting to plan out the next few years.

Again, thanks for playing SWTOR and helping us make it an awesome experience for so many new players.

Respectfully,

-Keith----------

Thanks for the update, Keith!

I, as well as many of my guild members, have really enjoyed the new expansion thus far. The new gearing system is admittedly a little on the quick and easy side. However, it's been enjoyable playing around with the new tacticals, set bonuses, and abilities. While we haven't yet completed it, the new Dxun operation has been very entertaining, and it looks like you guys put a lot of thought and effort into it.

Overall, I've been more satisfied with the current game update's improvements over the previous than I've ever been before. However, there is still one thing wrong: the game is too easy, and arguably keeps getting easier. I realize that many of the changes in question are quality of life improvements, but sometimes making challenging things easy also makes them slightly more repetitive and boring.

For example:

• Abilities are now free and have been for a while. This change eliminated a relatively large credit sink (which is probably a bad thing, given the game's current economy), but it also made getting new abilities feel like a considerably lesser challenge. I would also argue that this made getting new abilities feel less rewarding, and thus less fun. At least for a new player that probably doesn't have many credits.
  • Gear progression and leveling are atrociously easy (at least for subscribers). I've found that I can play just the main story and heroics until about level 55-60, thereby completely ignoring all of the planetary storylines and optional missions and still being geared and leveled far above my current spot in the story. Once I get to level 70, I can start getting carried through Master Mode Hammer Station Flashpoints for all the gear and EXP I need right up to Level 75 Item Rating 306, which is over-prepared even for Master Mode Operations. Master Mode Hammer Station Flashpoints can be completed in very minimal amounts of time, and reward tons of gear and tech fragments.
  • You no longer have to gear companions, and you can switch their roles on-the-fly. If you're a DPS, you will pretty much never have any issue with your companion's healing (as long as they're still following you and not trudging along 5 miles behind you). This has made it wayyyy too easy to just blast your way through heroics (which are meant to be group content... I believe.) as well as any other content meant for your level, solo.

There are more, but these are the ones that really stand out. I don't expect any of these quality of life improvements to be removed or reversed, that's certainly not what I'm getting at. I'd just enjoy seeing it be considerably more challenging to get your characters to their absolute maximum potential (player skill excluded) in the coming updates.

Again, I do love the direction that SWTOR has been heading in as of late. Please don't let any of my or others' negative comments or feedback deter you from continuing to develop this awesome game. Good luck in 2020 and the years to come!

Thank you for this update. I appreciate everything you guys at BioWare do for us. I know that you guys can be extremely under appreciated at times and I just want to say that as a BioWare fan and Star Wars fan, I am very grateful for everything that you guys have worked on for us. I know that things will not be perfect all the time but I know that you guys are hard at work and I thank you.

Wow, sounds a bit salty...

That was definitely exceedingly sarcastic and salty and a great look from the person running the show. I can't believe so many people took that second post as a positive. It would be deserved if, you know, they actually did communicate more and he felt he needed to swat the noses of the little yappy dogs that he's constantly showering with information...but in reality we are all ravenous, hungry wolves in a pit that he tossed a single meatless, dry bone to and got mad at the ravenous, starving, salary-paying wolves who are hungry for actual information and communication.

I never thought something outside of getting bored with the game would push me this close to unsubbing. Unnecessary and petulant.

Edited by aerockyul

I'm kind of glad that I waited to respond in this thread.

There now seems to be some very interesting opportunities in the future. And I'm understandably curious.

Points to ponder for the upcoming story:

1. Does Malgus find out about the situation developing with Tenebrae ? Some of the details of Malgus and Tenebrae and their paths crossing in the past are sketchy... soooo does Malgus see an opportunity here ? Granted he's more machine than anything … but that doesn't mean anything.

This could get to be real messy if Malgus shows up to take advantage of the situation and try to "steal" the essence of the man who has caused so much destruction across so many worlds. The return of Tenebrae ??? Probably not... but what impact would it have on Malgus ???? Only a good writer could answer that !

2. Does Elara Dorne finally get a personality? It's been pretty much as stiff as starched card board thus far (since the beginning) … Only one of my troopers has a commitment to her … the rest ignored her from start to finish … even when she returned !

3. I would be really curious to see where this story goes after the defeat of the empire at the ship yard... Although some have said that if you play DS Empire it was destroyed ??? ( note: I believe someone has posted that in another thread). At some point in time this must be correct and properly reconciled. IMO... yes Malgus was defeated in his attempt to take the ship yard … but not destroyed. He will be a force to be reckoned with.

BUT... in the middle of this those of us who decided to keep our "alliance" … where does that lead. Which brings me to :

4. The alliance. I really have enjoyed many aspects of the independent operative for each of my LS Republic characters. There has been so much that I gained especially with better companions for the Smuggler. In a fun sort of way … he and Lana are a good fit (OK … that's just my opinion) .. and I've had a lot of fun with that! Added to the list of companions that I like better than the first companions: Theron .. Gault .. HK-55 … definitely Vette.. Senya.

Actually now that I think about it this is true for most of my other Republic class characters except for the JK Sentinel. IMO the new companions simply worked better with my character and had better stories to go with them. They were definitely more fun. I liked them better.

Yet at some point in time I also know that the alliance will out grow the Smuggler and the JK for certain. I'm not sure about the commando.. but more than likely for the commando as well. … ???? frankly I'm not quite sure.

For those who play DS / Empire control of the Empire or being the right hand of vengeance for the emperor might be the ticket. I'm not going to speak for anyone on that subject. But I could see where some might like that idea.

All in all .. IMO the future of the alliance will be a significant part of the new story.

More new strong holds (besides the one in Alderaan) (I'm still looking for either a chalet or space station...

New companions …

Better, longer and more frequent interactions with our favorite companions...

New class ( I'm never going to rule this out … not until I hear conclusive word that it WONT happen from the team)….

And PLEASE … pretty PLEASE set aside a few techs to do some old fashion bug squashing !! (This aint the Happiness Hotel)

I'm almost certain I'll review .. correct and add more later.

It's been a really rough one today !

I, for one, would like to thank Keith and Charles for updating on us on what they can atm.

I love the story stuff - especially about VECTOR *dreamy sigh*

I find that there is more than enough in the game to do, I'm pleased with the direction the game is going atm, I'm excited for what's to come and I'm over the moon to know that swtor is planning on being around for years to come! <3

I have only two complaints: crafting is too expensive :p and where is Zenith? :p

Thanks again, Keith and Charles :)

Hey folks!

Thought I’d hop in and add a bit about the story elements in our upcoming releases. I’ll spoiler tag anything that I think might be too specific, but if you want to know absolutely nothing, maybe just skip this post entirely :)

Game Update 6.1 will include a small story beat around the size of Hearts and Minds. Specifically, this will be about checking in with the newly-formed factional groups – Task Force Nova for Republic players, and the Hand for Imperials – and making some initial decisions to guide them as they’re getting ramped up (including Saboteur options for those so inclined). For Imperials, this also means meeting your new liaison, Darth Rivix – he was a lot of fun to write, so I’m looking forward to seeing everyone’s reactions.

• A check-in with Kira and Scourge, setting up the story for Game Update 6.2 (more on that below)
  • And lastly…
    characters on each side will get small hints at what’s going on with Darth Malgus from two different perspectives

Beyond that, in addition to the content, features, and quality-of-life improvements Keith mentioned that we’re looking to add past 6.1.2 and 6.2, you can expect the storyline that started with Jedi Under Siege and Onslaught to continue through our updates the rest of this year and beyond. After all, we’re in our ninth year, and our tenth anniversary is just around the corner--a very exciting time for SWTOR to be sure!

thanks Keith & Charles. Sweet new story cutscenes but a few questions like...

1) how do we see the new scenes since some people already finish Onslaught? (its sad that we may never encounter the new cutscenes it we finish the story so far already)

2) When will we get the The Mandalorian full Beskar armor set? (with Beskar armor boots, belt and jetpack since the cape is not mandalorian culture)

3) The Alderaan Stronghold is said to be the biggest one yet and I can't wait for it BUT... Since Alderaan is going to destroy on CANON MATERIAL, does it really matter to have it? From Jack Sparrow from At World's End, "The world's still the same. There's just… less in it." In STAR WARS case, the galaxies & planets are still the same BUT destroying them like Death Star will erasing planets also erasing culture, great characters, and good stories which that make STAR WARS great. It just a waste to destroy planets and that why i hate some of the squeal movies (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker) Sorry but i have to say it AND Resistance & Rebel like like World War 2 armor gear. (I MISS the Republic)

Edited by InfernoSaber

Hey folks!

• And lastly…

Thanks for this post, Charles! I love hearing more about the story! I admit, I am worried about 6.2 and what kind of craziness will ensue but I will do my best to stay positive. Some of the best Star Wars moments are crazy, after all. :)

It'll be bittersweet to see an end to KOTET.

About the next story beat in 6.1, will there be any interactions with Theron and/or Lana? Or just Vector and Elara?

I hope we get more interactions with all of the companions but especially the characters we've romanced. Companion interactions and romance have been, unfortunately, lacking. Also, will we see Jonas Balkar again?

How will the story in 6.1 and 6.2 affect those that decided to stay independent with their Alliance?

I understand if you can't answer any of these questions. I'm still very grateful for the update you gave us. :)

Hiya, Keith Kanneg, and Happy New Year.

The Umbaran Patrol Tauntaun will kick off of as a “February” sub-reward. Be a subscriber at any time before Feb 29, starting tomorrow, and you will have the Tauntaun waiting for you in your in-game inbox.

Indeed it did. Thanks! Purple is my favorite color, and that's is a nice looking mount.

Many of you had the chance to check out the Alderaan Stronghold and the upcoming class changes on PTS, and we really appreciate the feedback you provided.

Thanks for the chance to provide feedback on the Alderaan Stronghold before it goes live.

You should expect to see these updates in the next couple of months after 6.1 is live. They will include some new quality of life changes for Conquests, more class changes, Master Mode Dxun, and more! Stay tuned to the PTS forum for more details on specifically what is coming in each update.

2020 – The team is working on a lot of exciting things for this year. We will really have a big focus on quality of life, updated stories, PvP improvements and much, much more. We want to ensure your time in SWTOR is very enjoyable by having plenty of activities, goals, and rewards.

Yes to continued open PTS testing!

You've made some good QoL changes in the past. I'm looking forward to see what's coming up.

Again, thanks for playing SWTOR and helping us make it an awesome experience for so many new players.

I'm not using hyperbole when I state that I think you pulled this game from the brink. I don't always agree with every change, and I've already expressed those views elsewhere. Still, overall, I think you've done right by the game and the players. Thank you.

--------------------------------

Hey, Charles Boyd. I think you've done an amazing job turning the story to Ossus and Onslaught. I enjoyed both faction's Ossus story, and I especially enjoyed the Republic side's Onslaught story.

Agents will have a 1-on-1 with Vector

Vector! <3

[*]And lastly…

Nice!

Specifically, 6.2 will deal with

Satele Shan, her followers, and whatever is up with Tenebrae’s last weapon/ritual/nefarious plan…

I'm dearly hoping that Satele Shan is back to being her pre-KotFE self. You know, after the events Kira and Scourge mentioned are done. Please, please, please don't Darth Marr or Jace Malcom her -- sudden, empty meaningless deaths that took away cornerstone characters.

No more Valkorion popping up in iteration number I-stopped-counting? Yay!

Faces we haven't seen in a while? Athelis Kallis and Hadrik from the Sith Inquisitor's Voss class story? I always liked those two characters, and long wished they had been the SI's class companions.

Interesting about what is an epilogue to what. I've thought of Ossus as an epilogue to KotFE, turning the story back to a separate but simultaneous story path for each faction.

Edited by Nmyownworld

I just want to know what are they going to do about their end game situation that they have made for themselfs.

Their is next to no groups doing anything anymore other then running Red Reaper and Hammer Station for quick and easy loot, fragments and crafting bags. I've run maybe 1-2 ops this whole patchs because their is no incentives to do them anymore and don't think it's not from a lack of trying every group i see forming i jump at the chance to do them but the role i play always fills fast and when i do get invited the runs are always filled with people that just either troll everyone or filled with people that just don't lission to instructions you know who you are why do you do this all you are doing is making it so less people want to do ops even more now.

Bioware you have no excuses anymore for this game being in the piss poor state that it is in, Anthum is as dead as a doodoo which is why this game has suffered so PLZ fix this i'm begging you fix this game i have loved it since the start but all these changes you have done the last few years have just hurt the game alot. This game could be a phoenix rising from the ashes and totally revive this game or it can just a puddle with a shallow experiance that will scare people away i know which one i want and i know which one everyone wants so please fix it.

That was definitely exceedingly sarcastic and salty and a great look from the person running the show. I can't believe so many people took that second post as a positive. It would be deserved if, you know, they actually did communicate more and he felt he needed to swat the noses of the little yappy dogs that he's constantly showering with information...but in reality we are all ravenous, hungry wolves in a pit that he tossed a single meatless, dry bone to and got mad at the ravenous, starving, salary-paying wolves who are hungry for actual information and communication.

I never thought something outside of getting bored with the game would push me this close to unsubbing. Unnecessary and petulant.

Indeed, that was Keith's first and second posts in just over 5 Months!!

Not bad for a man whose introductory Lead Producer post promised he would be more communicative than his predecessor.

Promised to be more communicative: failed!

Promised to make Conquest more inclusive: failed!

Promised to make Conquest more rewarding: failed!

Delivered the single biggest fail in SWTOR's sadly long history of failures: Tier 11 Crafting.

And to top it off took everything that was wrong with the previous Gearing Up system, multiplied it by 5 and then called it an improvement.

Having delivered that failure he then refused to engage with the Player Base for Months!

This the "The Man" to whom the player-base looks to see that the game is charting a successful, sustainable, and -above all in a consumer service - enjoyable course. When things go wrong - and anyone who things Tier 11 Crafting isn't badly wrong is a fool - he MUST be out front, talking to us, and more importantly LISTENING to us.

And where has Keith been for 5 months? Burying he head in the sand playing the bits of the game he enjoys, and not giving a single damn about the rest of us!

IMO this is an image of a man who is woefully out of his depth.

Had I delivered even half as many fails of that magnitude in the 9 years I have held my current position I would be looking for a new job.

All The Best

Don´t get me wrong - I love new story content. But lets be honest - this will keep me busy maybe for an hour.

Could you please focus on fixing the content that keeps me busy for weeks first? Stuff like:

- PVP

- operations (nightmare)

- Flashpoints

So please for the love of Revan fix class balance, buff the underperforming sorc heals and make PVP playable again.