targeting

Achnaatthree

80% of the time I can't get target, I have nothing to hit.

Targeting in this game and others, are bad, hate TAB targeting, LOS is so much better.

Any ways, I just cannot target anyone and no one in game can answer. I just want to play with everyone else, but if I cant play, and just be cannon fodder , then give me an achievement for that :p, just kidding, stupid achievement , but give me some thing to do, instead of just the one attack that can be used without targeting (AOE)

80% of the time I can't get target, I have nothing to hit.

Targeting in this game and others, are bad, hate TAB targeting

If the tab key in particular is bothering you, just swap the keybind? :rak_02:

You can set a custom button for closest target, next target etc.

There's a boatload of customisations in the settings menu. I find key binding "select closest target" and "select next target" work fine, if you just do those two you should be able to cycle targets in warzones with ease.

OH I got keys binding, I'm saying it's not working

and in PVE, it actually keeps targeting furthest target, not closes. my attack has a range . .close, so why would I target someone out of my range

. PVP movement is fast, nothing shows up targeted, even in front of me.

wonder if it's just Latency ? and they're out of sight when I'm actually hitting closest target, cuz I See they're right in front of me

Edited by Achnaatthree

Dont forget the "select target at center screen". So along with "select nearest target" and TAB target switching, hopefully it helps. But I agree, targetting is not very good in this game; it is even worse when you are in heavy cluster**** group fight and you cant tell who to target.

The tab targeting in this game does not function properly and never has.

It mostly functioned well, there are very few instances where I get a bug. For eg, in void star after you pass the 1st door (area in front of the barrier), sometimes you cant target another player. Fix is easy just movet to a different position and retarget, but it is still annoyed sometimes.

The default key binds will start out as the tab button being to target next enemy iirc. Swap the tab to be target nearest enemy, and then choose a convenient key for you, to make it the target next enemy key. I normal tab target whoever is near me but when I need to swap to a healer I'll hit my target next enemy key and cycle through them until I get the enemy I need to target. I've never had any major issues with the targeting system tbh.

Ah ha, I may had just forgotten to do that.

Always find out later I forget to change binds somewhere, you know get in a rush to start playing new creation , just over looked.

I think maybe I think it's nearest enemy already, and just don't double check all binds, when remapping them

thanks, when I log in game next , I'll check

you think I would go back and check when it keeps going to the wrong target, but I'm probably overwhelm with frustration I just don't think of checking there

nope , set at Nearest

yet it stills targets furthest, and/or out of line of sight

Thats really strange cuz I've never had that issue personally. Could also be a lag issue, there's always a bit of server lag. My ms is around 90 and ppl are usually a good 5 meters or so away compared to what I see and actually where they are located. 90ms isn't great some ppl who play from other countries have like 200 or more and really have to adjust their play styles.

this happens in other games, not as bad as it does here, where it's always wrong target.

in pve, I can be surrounded by 4. and it still selects (when using tab key) the furthest or the target 180 behind me , out of sight.

as for connection it also didn't matter, same 90-110. Be it's 1mb or 150mp . . .funny, either have good connect very old comp, or a awesome comp (at the time), bad connection

always avoided TAB targeting for PVP, also feels unnaturall in a sense

but I do think here at the end, it's due to lag/latency

Edited by Achnaatthree