Do the Datacron/Legendary bonuses still matter in the 7.0 era?

Loadsamonie

I have Legendary and all except one Datacron on Ossus, and I'm still wondering if those stat bonuses make any sort of realistic or meaningful difference in the current 80 meta.

For a brand new level 1 character, of course they do.

For a max-level character, it's been a long while since they were meaningful (I have doubts if they were meaningful in 4.0, much less 7.0), except the various Presence bonuses you can accumulate, which improve companion performance.

For a brand new level 1 character, of course they do.

For a max-level character, it's been a long while since they were meaningful (I have doubts if they were meaningful in 4.0, much less 7.0), except the various Presence bonuses you can accumulate, which improve companion performance.

Is that why the higher-level planet heroics seem to take much longer to complete? I feel like everything on, say, Alderaan is a lot tankier than everything on Taris.

Is that why the higher-level planet heroics seem to take much longer to complete? I feel like everything on, say, Alderaan is a lot tankier than everything on Taris.

There are a number of things working against you compared to 6.0. All classes had their damage output nerfed substantially. Virtually all NPCs had their health buffed (and several had damage enhancers added - like in Lab Animals on Nar Shadaa). Crit multipliers and crit chances were also reduced (which lowers your average damage even more) in addition to crit being capped by planet level. In addition, in Synced content, crystals and augments are turned off which means that if you were depending on augments to get to 110% accuracy, you are likely below it now and will miss significantly more often that in 6.0 (in theory this is getting fixed in the next patch where accuracy and alacrity caps will be removed but crit caps will stay). The caps on alacrity currently in place also reduce your APMs (reducing your DPS) and making it difficult to maintain time based damage bonuses (like the Overwhelming Offense tactical). Companions were also nerfed significantly and are now capped somewhere around Influence 30 (you can have a higher influence than that but the companion combat/healing performance does not increase for those higher levels).

Some heroics are also "bonus series" heroics which were tuned for levels that are now well above the planet level sync caps (The Nar Shadaa ones were tuned for level 40 not the level 25 or so that is the planet cap - Lab Animals is one of these). Bioware did nothing to rebalance these so there are classes that will struggle a lot with them (you will need to significantly out-level and out-gear them to succeed).

There are a number of things working against you compared to 6.0. All classes had their damage output nerfed substantially. Virtually all NPCs had their health buffed (and several had damage enhancers added - like in Lab Animals on Nar Shadaa). Crit multipliers and crit chances were also reduced (which lowers your average damage even more) in addition to crit being capped by planet level. In addition, in Synced content, crystals and augments are turned off which means that if you were depending on augments to get to 110% accuracy, you are likely below it now and will miss significantly more often that in 6.0 (in theory this is getting fixed in the next patch where accuracy and alacrity caps will be removed but crit caps will stay). The caps on alacrity currently in place also reduce your APMs (reducing your DPS) and making it difficult to maintain time based damage bonuses (like the Overwhelming Offense tactical). Companions were also nerfed significantly and are now capped somewhere around Influence 30 (you can have a higher influence than that but the companion combat/healing performance does not increase for those higher levels).

Some heroics are also "bonus series" heroics which were tuned for levels that are now well above the planet level sync caps (The Nar Shadaa ones were tuned for level 40 not the level 25 or so that is the planet cap - Lab Animals is one of these). Bioware did nothing to rebalance these so there are classes that will struggle a lot with them (you will need to significantly out-level and out-gear them to succeed).

I would hope 7.1 or 7.2 is going to re-enable augments in scaled content and Warzones...what is the point of me augmenting my gear if I don't run FP's or Operations?

Edited by Loadsamonie

So wait, I didn't quite comprehend the last post.

Are augments really disabled in all forms of level scaled content? They really have absolutely no effect while doing heroics on planets like Balmorra or Alderaan?

I thought it was only in PvP Warzones they were disabled...

So wait, I didn't quite comprehend the last post.

Are augments really disabled in all forms of level scaled content? They really have absolutely no effect while doing heroics on planets like Balmorra or Alderaan?

I thought it was only in PvP Warzones they were disabled...

Currently, augments are disabled in all synced content. It is on the list of things they say they are going to change with the next release (below from the Dev Tracker).

In this phase of PTS, there are a couple of special notes players should know:

- Augments will work in level shifted content

- Stat scaling in level shift: Alacrity, Accuracy, and Shield Chance are no longer being scaled down when you're shifted down (this does not apply in PvP)

But before you get your hopes up, you will need to make new augments or transfer your current augments to at least 318 gear if you are level 80. There is going to be a stat penalty applied if you are level 80 and not using the new gear (below also from the Dev Tracker).

For example, if you had 306 gear, you would not see the decrease on a level 75 character (or even up to a level 78 character). But at level 80, you'll need to be wearing at least 318 rated gear to avoid the "old gear" penalty in Level Sync. This penalty exists to encourage players to upgrade their gear to be appropriate for their current level and to discourage the use of old gear in Level Sync to gain unintended benefits from the system.