Known Issue? Yellow Damage showing through walls?

Kass

Pvping just a moment ago I DOT'ed someone and they cloaked away and hid behind a wall nearby on Voidstar. But when they decloaked and my DOT ticked it showed me the damage over time numbers and I was able to locate them.

This seems like it shouldn't be this way. If a player successfully escapes a kill and hides to wait off a DOT that's on them so they can heal up during a Warzone, then the damage tick numbers shouldn't give them away.

Something that should be added to the fix-it list for upcoming PVP focused patch

*And yes I went and killed him :d_wink:

This seems like it shouldn't be this way. If a player successfully escapes a kill and hides to wait off a DOT that's on them so they can heal up during a Warzone, then the damage tick numbers shouldn't give them away.

*And yes I went and killed him :d_wink:

If they've still got your dots on them, they're still in combat and havent escaped the kill yet.

If they've still got your dots on them, they're still in combat and havent escaped the kill yet.

You can get out of combat with dots on - but you are still right, even if that wouldn't be the case you would still see them on your minimap, this is why chasing is harder on vertical maps like orbital station or battle ring and easy on corellia. Yes, this means that DoTs can give away someones position, but only when they are not in combat which means they can heal up. The yellow damage only shows for you.

So everybody is okay with this current situation? Didn't seem very sporting to me.

Just seems to me that walls should be walls and dot ticks shouldn't display through them...?

(Idk what to say about the minimap thing - I'm usually so busy I almost never notice it... just one more thing to improve at in PVP)

So everybody is okay with this current situation? Didn't seem very sporting to me.

Just seems to me that walls should be walls and dot ticks shouldn't display through them...?

(Idk what to say about the minimap thing - I'm usually so busy I almost never notice it... just one more thing to improve at in PVP)

Its more that i kind of think its shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic around. Its not making or breaking many games comparitively and its a nice lil benefit to dot specs, which generally have to work harder in pvp to apply effective damage through heals.