Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
why is the deserter lockout still present in regs?

RikuvonDrake
06.06.2021 , 05:03 PM | #131
those are all good things that along with the deserter lockout will ensure we keep on improving the warzone quality for all players, disincentivizing rage quitters and afk:ers are great things that needs to be still in the game

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Ibokagain
06.07.2021 , 07:29 AM | #132
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
those are all good things that along with the deserter lockout will ensure we keep on improving the warzone quality for all players, disincentivizing rage quitters and afk:ers are great things that needs to be still in the game
For ranked arenas I fully agree, for normal ranked I do not agree. There are much better ways to deter afk'ers, and rage quitters than having a lock out that only infuriates most of the pvpers and does nothing to prevent folks from afk'ing in matches that are losses, maps they don't like, ext.

PvP in general has no real incentives for folks to participate in it, since galactic command and rng gear boxes entered the gearing system of swtor 5.0 and beyond. Pre 5.0 folks received pvp comms and could buy actual pvp gear from a pvp vendor, just like pve folks could from a pve vendor. Folks could buy the pieces of gear they wanted, the armors, mods, enhancements, barrels, hilts that they wanted - gearing was way better than. Also pre 5.0 you had way less rage quitters, and afkers than you do currently.

RikuvonDrake
06.07.2021 , 10:44 AM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by Ibokagain View Post
For ranked arenas I fully agree, for normal ranked I do not agree. There are much better ways to deter afk'ers, and rage quitters than having a lock out that only infuriates most of the pvpers and does nothing to prevent folks from afk'ing in matches that are losses, maps they don't like, ext.

PvP in general has no real incentives for folks to participate in it, since galactic command and rng gear boxes entered the gearing system of swtor 5.0 and beyond. Pre 5.0 folks received pvp comms and could buy actual pvp gear from a pvp vendor, just like pve folks could from a pve vendor. Folks could buy the pieces of gear they wanted, the armors, mods, enhancements, barrels, hilts that they wanted - gearing was way better than. Also pre 5.0 you had way less rage quitters, and afkers than you do currently.
i think you are looking at it from the wrong perspective, from a single-player point of view the deserter lockout is bad cause it prevents them from queueing again, but from Bioware point of view, the deserter lockout prevents the warzone quality for the OTHER 15 players from declining. Naturally, more incentives and features are good, there has been a handful of good suggestions posted in this thread so far, but to ensure that the match quality for all the players in the warzone, the deserter lockout needs to stay as is

CheesyEZ
06.07.2021 , 11:24 AM | #134
iOTHER 15 players from declining.
just gonna throw this out there: you're assuming all 15 "other" players in the WZ want to sit through that **** show as well. while I'm certain many do, I'm also certain many don't. it's far from "15 other players" who want to sit through a predetermined outcome, deal with the frustration of players who get keyboard stunned, are getting number farmed, or are on a team with a large number of teammates ignoring objectives. I guarantee you that's more than one person per WZ. this "15 other players" jingle is a load of ****.

furthermore i couldn't give 2 ***** if zerkington's "quality of game" experience is lessened by my early departure just as he isn't the least bit concerned about my quality of game experience by his ignoring of objectives.

this 15 other players line is what we call "hyperbole."

zerkington
06.07.2021 , 05:57 PM | #135
Quote: Originally Posted by CheesyEZ View Post
furthermore i couldn't give 2 ***** if zerkington's "quality of game" experience is lessened by my early departure just as he isn't the least bit concerned about my quality of game experience by his ignoring of objectives.
not exactly, i dont care about useless players leaving the warzone. i do however think it is funny that deserters now have to sit through a fifteen minute lockout now though, likely ending up in the same exact queue they were running from before they left. you are however correct, about me not giving a **** about your game experience.

CheesyEZ
06.07.2021 , 06:08 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by zerkington View Post
not exactly, i dont care about useless players leaving the warzone. i do however think it is funny that deserters now have to sit through a fifteen minute lockout now though, likely ending up in the same exact queue they were running from before they left. you are however correct, about me not giving a **** about your game experience.
when your opinion is warranted, it will be given to you.

zerkington
06.07.2021 , 06:14 PM | #137
when your opinion is warranted, it will be given to you.
i will give it when ever someone incorrectly assumes what it is.

RikuvonDrake
06.07.2021 , 06:32 PM | #138
honestly, that's the kicker, most likely Bioware doesn't care about your opinion, nor do they of mine, individual posts/opinions are, and should be, largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. data and number illustrates game health a lot better than what 3-4 ppl in a largely inactive forum does, looking at how they have readjusted pvp over the last year(s) have their comments about future features it seems unlikely that deserter lockout goes away as it only impacts ragequitters and that's not a concern of Bioware

the gameplay experiance/warzone quality of 15 players triumphs the rage of 1

CheesyEZ
06.07.2021 , 06:47 PM | #139

the gameplay experiance/warzone quality of 15 players triumphs the rage of 1
oh. you can make a case for the debuff. it doesn't much affect me one way or the other. but the idea that 15 others would stay is a line of ****. and 1) there's no magic metric for that. however, 2) if there were, it would show that a hell of a lot more than ONE person left WZs either at the beginning, middle or end. so that idea that 1 person is ruining 15 other persons' experience is quite a load of ****.

that they aren't leaving nearly as frequently can be objectively observed (in the metrics not personal exp). it would also support my (patently obvious) argument that well more than 1 in 16 players wants to leave.