Let Us Copy Our Personal Decorations

Korithras

The title says it all, let people purchase the decorations already in their collections (with credits, not cartel coins!) so that they don't have to pay ludicrous amounts on the GTN if they're highly sought after and you need many copies of the same decoration. Simple things like lights, chairs, rugs, etc. that you would want multiple copies of shouldn't be so difficult or expensive to obtain.

You could operate the system like the outfit designer. Start a a low price and for each copy you make the price goes up in small increments every time.

Edited by Korithras

This is a good idea but I would base it on the price you have to pay for copying decorations to the guild. They already have that set up so just using that would make it easier if they did this.

I mean, I don't disagree with you? However there needs to be a balance between buying and selling the decorations and copying them, otherwise it would tank the market value of them. The way I figure it, with the exception of a few of the ultra-sought after decorations that are always 8 figures? This system would make it so that eventually if you copy a decoration enough times then it might prove to be less expensive than buying another one from somebody on the GTN.

Why exactly does that matter?

Because decorations can be worth a lot of money, however if you outright remove any value of them, then it becomes impossible or pointless to sell them for a decent amount of money. And decorations aren't the only things bought and sold on the GTN that are worth a great deal of money.

Therefore, they need to retain some level of value to the people who aren't interested in strongholds or decorating them, but instead choose to sell decorations to get things they are interested in outside of that category.

Because decorations can be worth a lot of money, however if you outright remove any value of them, then it becomes impossible or pointless to sell them for a decent amount of money. And decorations aren't the only things bought and sold on the GTN that are worth a great deal of money.

Therefore, they need to retain some level of value to the people who aren't interested in strongholds or decorating them, but instead choose to sell decorations to get things they are interested in outside of that category.

while I understand that position and I would like to be able to copy decos after I bought it. I should not have to spend more then 50k just to get a decoration i.e. meditative Padawan that I already bought. if it was a really rare deco drop I understand but if its something I can buy from the cartel market. the price should be compared to buying it for the guild.

None of that explains why it matters, mostly because all that would happen is that people would find something else to sell.

Simple solution ... make copies require prefabs to unlock. You shift the market away from buying individual decos which may, or more likely may not, exist in the number of units you need and spreads those otherwise spent credits to the prefab market.

Simple solution ... make copies require prefabs to unlock. You shift the market away from buying individual decos which may, or more likely may not, exist in the number of units you need and spreads those otherwise spent credits to the prefab market.

Maybe. Don't forget that any crafting crew skill can craft prefabs of some sort, so there isn't necessarily such a market.

None of that explains why it matters, mostly because all that would happen is that people would find something else to sell.

It actually does, it explains how it would keep the overall economy of the game healthy. Though I know economics isn't for everybody so I understand if you don't get it. (Not being condescending in saying so btw,I just know some people roll their eyes at economics)

I'm not opposed to your solution however I think it's better to keep it simple and just have people pay with credits.

It actually does, it explains how it would keep the overall economy of the game healthy. Though I know economics isn't for everybody so I understand if you don't get it. (Not being condescending in saying so btw,I just know some people roll their eyes at economics)

People never have a problem of finding things to sell. They can sell dyes and a lot of them are actually higher than decorations and certain colors are popular colors. I can even make some of them with my crafter and do very well with the colors I craft.

• 2 weeks later...

If I hadn't been set on getting my Computer Science degree, I might have pursued economics. I certainly looked hard at taking a minor in it. Whether or not you agree with his ideas, it was great fun when Herman Daly came to our campus to give a public lecture, and found time during his visit to come and speak to our Natural Resource Economics class (where we were studying his writing).

I digress.

Anyway, the very wide variety of other things we can buy on the CM and sell for credits means that a reduction in demand of one slice of that list will not matter *overall*. Yes, some people would have to hunt around to find different things to sell, but so what? There's plenty of other things they could sell. (And of course the biggest-ticket items are always going to be notionally unique armour sets and weapons anyway.)

the debate where it will hurt the economics of the game is ignorant to say the least. I know many people who play the gtn, all they do is buy and sell. they have over a billion credits and more items to sell. saying its going to hurt the economy by letting us copy decorations makes me think that you get your credits from decorations and dont want to move to the better selling stuff like weapons and armor. the economy sucks to begin with only helping the rich who can afford to buy and sell. the developers implemented the credit sinks in the new updates for a reason. lets not play the excuse it will ruin the economy when it won't, people will always find new things to sell. ive seen people list decorations from the vendors for three times the price of the vendor and make sales.

the debate where it will hurt the economics of the game is ignorant to say the least. I know many people who play the gtn, all they do is buy and sell. They have over a billion credits and more items to sell. Saying its going to hurt the economy by letting us copy decorations makes me think that you get your credits from decorations and dont want to move to the better selling stuff like weapons and armor. The economy sucks to begin with only helping the rich who can afford to buy and sell. The developers implemented the credit sinks in the new updates for a reason. Lets not play the excuse it will ruin the economy when it won't, people will always find new things to sell. Ive seen people list decorations from the vendors for three times the price of the vendor and make sales.

+10000

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
This is an excellent idea, and should have been implemented a long time ago. Not only will it not hurt the economy of the game, but it will actually help combat the insane GTN inflation by providing a credit sink that actually removes credits from the system rather than shifting them into the hands of other players.

• 2 weeks later...

In what universe makes you think this economy is healthy right now? This comment made me choke on my coffee. The swtor economy is the worst. Only ones it benefits are the already rich whales. The whole gtn needs to just burn to the ground and I'm wealthy and saying this.

In what universe makes you think this economy is healthy right now? This comment made me choke on my coffee. The swtor economy is the worst. Only ones it benefits are the already rich whales. The whole gtn needs to just burn to the ground and I'm wealthy and saying this.

The rather insulting post you cited was made two years ago, where the economy wasn't as totally destructed as it is today.

OK, yes, it's a bit like saying that back then there was at least a pair of bricks one on top of the other, and now they are on the ground, but ...