Lana Beniko romance conditions?

Creeprus

After my first failed attempt at romancing her, i was confused. I didn't flirt with her like 2 times in SoR. What are the exact conditions to romance lock her in chapter 9 and keep the romance afterwards? The last time it ended in the infamous cantina scene. The only thing I heard you, that need to be influence 10 with her until the cantina scene and flirt with her (i suppose as much times as possible)

P.S.

Support told me that my game wasn't rigged and i jest messe up. What was i doing wrong?

If you have started KotFe and Bioware installed a patch before you reach Chapter 9 with the Cantina Scene, all your flirts with Lana will be reset and you will not get the romances option in the Cantina Scene.

Like... Any patch?

I think the backend Maintenance will not do anything but all other kind of patches, yes

I remember "Dark Decents" were out during my campaign... I guess you are right, thanks

I guess i just need to rush all through from Shadows of Revan till KoTE Chapter 9 cantina scene

I do not know if this still works but at one time you could work around the forgotten flirts issue by replaying an earlier chapter.

See this post for how to do the workaround.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9736470&postcount=2

No, didn't forget any flirts in KotFE. But this post contains useful information about "how to disarm a bug". Just gotta rush the chapters till the cantina, i guess

No, didn't forget any flirts in KotFE. But this post contains useful information about "how to disarm a bug". Just gotta rush the chapters till the cantina, i guess

The bug, at least in so far as the link I posted, is that updates cause the game to forget flirts. As long as you finish Chapter IX and lock in the romance before the next patch you should be fine.

You don't have to rush from Revan. As long as you flirt in Fallen Empire you're good, but finish Chapter IX before the next patch.

Specifically, advance in one or more sessions from the beginning of Chapter III (when Lana digs you out of the carbonite) to the end of Chapter IX (Odessen) / beginning of Chapter X (Kaliyo). I had a character who was stuck at the very beginning of Chapter III for at least four patches, including the release of 6.0, and then didn't have another patch on the way to the beginning of Chapter X, and was able to romance-lock Lana.

The only "don't do that" in the story is, I think, "don't lie to Lana about spoiler spoiler spoiler". (see box)

V in your head

You don't have to rush from Revan. As long as you flirt in Fallen Empire you're good, but finish Chapter IX before the next patch.

Thanks for the info

Edited by Creeprus

As an aside, if you romanced a Class Companion during your Class story that still registers if/when the Companion returns either in story or alerts. It's after Chapter IX anyway, but if you flirt in that reunion and renew the romance Lana breaks up with you. You never get the chance to resume it for the rest of the game including beyond Eternal Throne. To keep the Lana romance you need to choose the reunion dialogue that ends the Class Companion romance. Either way it's a heartbreaking scene. It's not a bug. You're only allowed one romance.

As an aside, if you romanced a Class Companion during your Class story that still registers if/when the Companion returns either in story or alerts. It's after Chapter IX anyway, but if you flirt in that reunion and renew the romance Lana breaks up with you. You never get the chance to resume it for the rest of the game including beyond Eternal Throne. To keep the Lana romance you need to choose the reunion dialogue that ends the Class Companion romance. Either way it's a heartbreaking scene. It's not a bug. You're only allowed one romance.

Strictly, you're only allowed one at a time. Counting a renewal of the class companion romance as a separate romance if you romanced KLT in the middle, the most you can have is five (but one after the other). (Class companion, KLT, renewed class companion, Arcann, the other class companion(1)).

(1) For Warriors, Inquisitors, Consulars (Female) and Knights (Female). It might eventually be possible for female Troopers, depending on what they do with the F/F flirt with Elara.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info

Ok guys, I did it. It was kinda long but in the end I succeded. Even got the marriage proporsal

If someone else meets this issue, I suggest to check the following, made by me using my experience, conditions:

1. Try not to miss any flirt options

2. Rush KotFE till chapter 9 (the cantina scene). You need to rush it to avoid any patches, because they somehow break romances in KotFE (Lana's for sure)

3. Get her influence to 10 before the cantina scene, just in case

4. Support won't really help you, if romance breaks (i tried)

5. From now on, you SHOULD NOT get your romance bugged.

Hope this helps

If you have started KotFe and Bioware installed a patch before you reach Chapter 9 with the Cantina Scene, all your flirts with Lana will be reset and you will not get the romances option in the Cantina Scene.

People keep saying this, but I'm not sure it's true. One of my characters was in this position and still was able to get the Lana romance.

The thing I noticed is that there seems to be some sort of common bug in Chapter 8 where the romance doesn't trigger properly. But it can be fixed by restarting the chapter before it's finished. The way to tell is whether it's working is whether Lana kisses the Outlander in the beginning of the Chapter or shows up to save them from Arcann at the end.

At least that's how it worked for me.

2. Rush KotFE till chapter 9 (the cantina scene). You need to rush it to avoid any patches, because they somehow break romances in KotFE (Lana's for sure)

"Rush" here should be interpreted as "play it over a weekend when there won't be patches" rather than "play it in one session without stopping even to answer calls of nature (bring a chamber pot)".

And it is allegedly(1) fixable:

* It is visible if the second (i.e. [Flirt]) option isn't present on the Atrocity Wheel(2) in the cantina.

* If this happens, immediately press Esc to cancel out of the conversation.

* Then use the chapters panel (Shift+E) to start an earlier chapter.

* Take a few steps in the earlier chapter just to be sure the game knows you're there.

* Then use the chapters panel to start Chapter IX again.

* When Theron arrives, flirt with him.

* Now you should see the second option in the Atrocity Wheel. PICK IT!

The "key" point where the "no patches" rule applies is somewhere after the beginning of Chapter III. I had a character who spent several months in front of the melted carbonite block, through at least four patches including 6.0, and then played on from there without a patch, and successfully locked in a romance with Lana.

(1) I say "allegedly" because I have never had the problem in the first place, so I haven't been able to test it.

(2) That one with two options worded the same except that the second is tagged [Flirt], an atrocity in story-evolution management.