Gaining Altuur Zok Adon Influence Level (or Why do you hate my alts?)

TheFenux

Unless I'm missing something, the only way to gain influence with him is via the gifts from Galactic Seasons, crew skill missions (which barely counts as it will take forever) and maybe the Commander's Compendium that I haven't tried yet. Will there ever be another way or is he doomed to be worthless on all of my many alts?

[update] I had a spare Commander's Compendium sitting in a character inventory, so I tried it. it does in fact work and gives the achievement for level 50.

Edited by TheFenux

I finally found the vendor that sells gifts for him. Looks like it'll cost 5,650,000 credits to get him to 50 buying gifts there. (12 of the gold ones and 1 blue one). The vendor is the <Classic and Non-Seasonal Rewards> in Supplies, inner ring.

I finally found the vendor that sells gifts for him. Looks like it'll cost 5,650,000 credits to get him to 50 buying gifts there. (12 of the gold ones and 1 blue one). The vendor is the <Classic and Non-Seasonal Rewards> in Supplies, inner ring.

Hmm. So it's cheaper to buy the Commander's Compendium (4.25 million), especially if you have the Dark Projects lying around.

They should have thought this one through better. At the very least, they could have allowed the alts in our legacy to get the same comp gifts from the GS as our main so we can level him up on alts the exact same way we do on our mains. This game could stand to take a page out of GW2's playbook and make everything alt and account friendly.

Same ol' Same ol'. Nothing special. Weak *** companion. sucks at healing. leveled to 50. Killed my 1500 and he's now put into solitary confinement for the rest of his days..... Edited by Saeten

Same ol' Same ol'. Nothing special. Weak *** companion. sucks at healing. leveled to 50. Killed my 1500 and he's now put into solitary confinement for the rest of his days.....

Going to be the same with me. Only difference: yet to do the 1,500. So, using him for now to do the insectoid dailies.

The only reason to have him on more than one character is that it might be easier to find insectoids on different planets on Pub and Empire on others.

Example: Tatooine, where the only insectoids I know of are the Geonosians in the north part of Jundland, which is full of vomit-inducing self-righeous Republic lapdogs.

As it were.

Does he have any unique powers, or is he just another generic companion with same old same old?

I haven't played all classes, but honestly i doubt there's something special about Altuur, except that visual effect while healing. Besides, my highest level character, a Jedi Consular, has not one but two sniper companions already, so why would i need a third ( Altuur) ? Plus the fact that is way easier to add rank on the class companions .

Does he have any unique powers, or is he just another generic companion with same old same old?

He has unique abilities in each of the three stances. The primary uniqueness is that each stance has an ability that causes enemies to take 10% more damage from all sources for 10 seconds on a 12 second cooldown. Each stance has some additional ability that triggers off of that. For example, in healing stance he heals (and cleanses although that isn't in the description) whenever you hit a targeted enemy. In DPS stance, he can use his "finisher" on a creature under the effects of his targeting ability.

He has unique abilities in each of the three stances. The primary uniqueness is that each stance has an ability that causes enemies to take 10% more damage from all sources for 10 seconds on a 12 second cooldown. Each stance has some additional ability that triggers off of that. For example, in healing stance he heals (and cleanses although that isn't in the description) whenever you hit a targeted enemy. In DPS stance, he can use his "finisher" on a creature under the effects of his targeting ability.

Never noticed that, i apologize. Still, even with his unique abilities, the Galactic Seasons grind for rank levels is not justified. And one more thing, Altuur has no character development whatsoever, you basically know nothing about him. I know, some will say "whatever, as long as he can heal". Well, for me "whatever" is not good enough, since all your other companions have a story, or at least you find out some details about their lives before they joined you.

As a companion, I would only use him on the one character that got his influance gifts. Then only as a comp to send off on crew missions. I am all for new companions so we are not all runing around with the same one. It's nice to have the option. Just hope that any other comps are more to what I personally want to use in-game. If not then just do the same next time as well. Overall I OK with it.

I've checked said vendor today, and it costs Token rather than credits. I'm really sorry that I unlocked this companion now.

Example: Tatooine, where the only insectoids I know of are the Geonosians in the north part of Jundland, which is full of vomit-inducing self-righeous Republic lapdogs.

As it were.

There's a camp of Geonsians out in the Dune Sea that has a champion as well. But their respawn timer seems a little longer than the N. Jundland area.

I just want to remind people that you can also gain influence with comps by doing the bonus objective in Star Fortress. At 600 influence per, it would still take a long time. But if you are doing those anyway for conquest or whatever, then you might as well get what you can.

I've checked said vendor today, and it costs Token rather than credits.

They only cost credits with an unlock in legacy.

FAQ

I got Altuur zok Adon to Rank 50 Influence on my main character, but what about leveling him on other characters?

• Once you have reached Rank 50 Influence with Altuur zok Adon, you will unlock a new Legacy Unlock that allows you to purchase Altuur’s companion gifts with Credits. Visit Jaleit Nall, located in the Galactic Seasons alcove on the Fleet to purchase the gifts.

They only cost credits with an unlock in legacy.

Let me guess, the legacy unlock has 3 tiers and each of them costs 2million credits or more? And the gifts for Altuur, is their price the same as the gifts for other companions?

Sorry, but i still don't think is worth it! First of all, the insane grind - every day the same thing, starfighter or warzone, reroll changes one for another. Then this legacy unlock, no other companion requires that. So why bother? Why not just feed ..Mako or Tharan Cedrax or Corso Riggs gifts till rank 50 and be done with it?

Thank you for this information. For taking the risk. :-)

LOL! No “RISK” was required or involved. This information was made available by the developers already.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210426-1

How much can I level up Altuur zok Adon?

With all of the Companion gifts between the two reward tracks, Subscribers who reach level 100 will be guaranteed to have Altuur zok Adon at Rank 50 Influence by the end of the Season.

How can I level Altuur zok Adon outside of Galactic Seasons?

Just like other Companions, sending Altuur zok Adon on Crew Skill missions will increase his Influence. Additionally, the Commander’s Compendium will increase his influence to Rank 50.

I got Altuur zok Adon to Rank 50 Influence on my main character, but what about leveling him on other characters?

Once you have reached Rank 50 Influence with Altuur zok Adon, you will unlock a new Legacy Unlock that allows you to purchase Altuur’s companion gifts with Credits. Visit Jaleit Nall, located in the Galactic Seasons alcove on the Fleet to purchase the gifts.

Edited by ElectroFidgit

He never shuts up! By far the worst companion and he even looks ugly. Even If I level him to 50 I'll still never use peni$ face. I'm gonna stick with the nice red head Shae.

I don't have the red head lady, so i'm using the ship droid, he NEVER says anything! I was so pleased to find out this fact :D

• 3 weeks later...

With all of the Companion gifts between the two reward tracks, Subscribers who reach level 100 will be guaranteed to have Altuur zok Adon at Rank 50 Influence by the end of the Season.

How can I level Altuur zok Adon outside of Galactic Seasons?

Just like other Companions, sending Altuur zok Adon on Crew Skill missions will increase his Influence. Additionally, the Commander’s Compendium will increase his influence to Rank 50.

Once you have reached Rank 50 Influence with Altuur zok Adon, you will unlock a new Legacy Unlock that allows you to purchase Altuur’s companion gifts with Credits. Visit Jaleit Nall, located in the Galactic Seasons alcove on the Fleet to purchase the gifts.

So early in the season I unlocked him for an alt or two and used an early gift on the alt(s). What a mistake that was!! Now, I have him to influence 49 and am unable to get to 50 because you need to use ALL gifts from the seasons rewards on ONE single character?!?!?

I found Ki'at Thavo on fleet who sells his gifts for season tokens. BUT I cannot buy the gifts because "You do not meet the requirements to purchase this item." What the hell BW, how am I supposed to get him to 50 then?